[MM3]Sunstormers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers IC

Post by Tony Jones »

*I think the best thing we can do is collect evidence and release it out into the world,* texts Khemis. *Being exposed to the light of day is usually the best solution for this sort of thing.*
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Hey there!" Khemis hears from above...it's a voice she knows. Somewhere above her, the woman in black is sitting on the edge of the roof, legs dangling off. She's waving down.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

*Annnnd... Nemesis is here. Because of course she is,* Khemis texts the others.

She edges up the wall to the roof and comes up to stand beside Nemesis.

"Hello," she says in a resigned tone of voice. "Here to help take down a conspiracy by the US military?"
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

"We'd need some more time to scope out this apartment of theirs and find a vantage point to observe them from. Problem is exposure -- we can't enter that apartment without them knowing, and you apparently need line-of-sight to mind-read..." Sunny said softly to Deborah as she focused on reading Sinclair's mind. "I think we need to follow Sinclair to this apartment first and then get the lay of the land. I can scope it out from a distance with my super-sight and find you a vantage point to mind-read from?"

His phone buzzed with Khemis' message. "I'm not really sure we can make claims that the military has activated a covert super-soldier program using body-enhancing serums and is looking to monitor and/or conscript Sunstormers without sounding like a conspiracy nut who's read too many comic-books... problem being that that's exactly what's happening, right out of a comic-book." He said, while briefly summing up that thought in a response to Khemis' text. After all, no matter what evidence they could gather from people's minds, physical evidence would be needed to convince anyone of the truth... and even that wasn't likely enough proof to convince the masses, considering how little physical evidence there likely would be at that apartment even if the three of them stormed in, beat up the super-soldiers and made off with the evidence they could find.

And then the phone buzzed again. Sunny stared at it for a moment, then told Deborah (who was still focused on Sinclair), "Uh, remember when Khemis said she was seeing ghosts? Seems like she's seeing them again..." Directing his power to broaden his visual spectrum into all the various energies of the electromagnetic spectrum, and sharpening his hearing to be able to hear from several blocks away, Sunny scanned the area Khemis had been hiding around, trying to find any hint of this shadow-woman (who was not Khemis) that only Khemis had been able to see. His senses had sharpened over the last month, with his ability to perceive the energies of the Sunstorm growing more poignant, so he hoped that this time he might be able to catch a glimpse of proof that this Nemesis that Khemis had claimed to talk to her was actually real.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kenmadragon wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:11 pm His phone buzzed with Khemis' message. "I'm not really sure we can make claims that the military has activated a covert super-soldier program using body-enhancing serums and is looking to monitor and/or conscript Sunstormers without sounding like a conspiracy nut who's read too many comic-books... problem being that that's exactly what's happening, right out of a comic-book." He said, while briefly summing up that thought in a response to Khemis' text.
*Which part of 'I think the best thing we can do is collect evidence and release it out into the world' was I unclear on? :roll:* texts back Khemis. *I'm fully aware that just saying something without the evidence to back it up has no credibility at all. And you are starting to sound a little like you're mansplaining things. Please stop!*
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:27 pm *Annnnd... Nemesis is here. Because of course she is,* Khemis texts the others.

She edges up the wall to the roof and comes up to stand beside Nemesis.

"Hello," she says in a resigned tone of voice. "Here to help take down a conspiracy by the US military?"
Nemesis smiles. " In fact, I am. After all, what they're doing is horrible. Also, I wanted to check up on you, my favourite daughter."
Sunny, would you mind giving me a quick list of your current sensory abilities?
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"Well, tell your cousin if he does have any type of power at all; he knows where to find me if he either wants a real paying job with Uncle Sam or having his teeth kicked in. I'll be happy to oblige on both counts. Have a nice day now." Helen said in a mock friendly tone as she walked past the young punks and up the steps. No way is she using the elevator. Those things in this neighborhood are literal deathtraps.

Typically in these buildings, the doors in the stairwells would be locked. Not to her surprise, they weren't. Idly she wondered if the trio might warn Dupont. Maybe or maybe not. For all she knew, the punk was just trash talking to her about his cousin.

At least the little creep didn't try to ask me out. Must have ran out of testosterone by then.

Helen reached the floor and quickly found Dupont's door and halted before knocking.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:36 am Nemesis smiles. " In fact, I am. After all, what they're doing is horrible. Also, I wanted to check up on you, my favourite daughter."
"So, what is your plan?" Khemis asks Nemesis, ignoring being referred to as her favourite daughter because that is just too weird. "Though be prepared for me to object to it!"
OOC wrote: For the record, Khemis is still invisible to all sight, speaking in a quiet voice (she is still fairly close to Deborah Sinclair after all), and staying at least a couple of metres from Nemesis at all times...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Shadowmask wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:35 pm "Well, tell your cousin if he does have any type of power at all; he knows where to find me if he either wants a real paying job with Uncle Sam or having his teeth kicked in. I'll be happy to oblige on both counts. Have a nice day now." Helen said in a mock friendly tone as she walked past the young punks and up the steps. No way is she using the elevator. Those things in this neighborhood are literal deathtraps.

Typically in these buildings, the doors in the stairwells would be locked. Not to her surprise, they weren't. Idly she wondered if the trio might warn Dupont. Maybe or maybe not. For all she knew, the punk was just trash talking to her about his cousin.

At least the little creep didn't try to ask me out. Must have ran out of testosterone by then.

Helen reached the floor and quickly found Dupont's door and halted before knocking.
Or maybe her...charming personality put him off...

As Helen looks around, she notices something in the corner of the hallway, up near the ceiling, a couple of feet away from the door. It looks like...some sort of dark purple polypous growth with a series of feeler-like tendrils waving in the air. It's barely larger than her thumb and well-hidden.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:42 pm
Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:36 am Nemesis smiles. " In fact, I am. After all, what they're doing is horrible. Also, I wanted to check up on you, my favourite daughter."
"So, what is your plan?" Khemis asks Nemesis, ignoring being referred to as her favourite daughter because that is just too weird. "Though be prepared for me to object to it!"
OOC wrote: For the record, Khemis is still invisible to all sight, speaking in a quiet voice (she is still fairly close to Deborah Sinclair after all), and staying at least a couple of metres from Nemesis at all times...

" Do you mean, in general, or in regards to the specific problem you are facing right now?"
Nemesis asks, cocking her head.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Either? Both?" replies Khemis.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:32 pm "Either? Both?" replies Khemis.
" Let's focus on the problem at hand, sweetie. I happen to know a few things you and your friends are dying to know. And that info can be yours...if you agree to do something for me in return", Nemesis continues.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis rolls her eyes. "And that would be?" she asks.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:40 pm Khemis rolls her eyes. "And that would be?" she asks.

" Just that, whatever you find, you make it public. All of it."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"All of it... With an unspoken 'regardless of how much collateral damage it causes'?" asks Khemis after a moment.

"Would you have a problem with my bringing the others in on this conversation? I'd guess they might have something to add."