[MM3]Sunstormers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers IC

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:00 pm Believe whatever you want, it won't help you. The higher powers of this universe do not care what happens to your pale blue dot.
"Again, I am sorry you think that, but again you are wrong!" Khemis repeats to Nemesis. "Allah is always there, loving us. And always will be."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

----Helen---
" Could be arrogance? Maybe she doesn't think anyone will figure it out?" Jun suggests. " This DuPont...why did she sicc you on him?"

---The others ---

After a quick check of the bag's contents, Ebert nods and then turns to leave.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Deborah focuses on Ebert first to "see" the contents of the bag. Then she switches to McMillan when Ebert turns to leave as McMillan is probably thinking about where he is going to go now.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Helen shrugged her shoulders. "Who knows? Maybe the whole thing was all a test run to see if i was assassin material or perhaps she was Dupont's next door neighbor who had gotten sick and tired of his fungus blocking the hallway whenever she went outside for groceries. Either way, i didn't ask because i wasn't going to get any straight answers from them. Typical cloak and dagger BS."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

---Helen----

Jun nods. " Believe me or not, I totally understand. I hate how complicated everything has become since I got my powers. I'm not even sure I could apply for a job now. Besides..."
He hesitates, then adds, " My powers...they terrify me. I found out that I can generate electricity from nowhere for hours without feeling any exhaustion. All I get is a bit hungrier than usual. Where does that lead? What does that make me? Did you ever ask yourself that? How do you deal? Besides being angry, of course..."

----The others---

The bag contains several smaller, white bags which apparently contain pills and a few syringes.
McMillan is going to wait for a few minutes as to not walk out at the same time, then head for nearby diner for a cup of hot coffee (black, no milk or sugar) then to his hotel room where he'll try to stay awake as long as possible. He's, understandably, not fond of sleeping lately.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"Deal with what exactly? The constant pressures of my job as a policewoman? That's easy. Nothing that a couple of six packs of beer after work couldn't cure.

As for being a sunstormer, that's even easier: i don't deal with it at all. Having superpowers doesn't affect me or the job that i do. This isn't the movies where a bunch of sociopaths with superpowers all live in a luxurious suburban mansion and believe that nobody with an IQ above room temperature would ever notice.

I went public because keeping my gravity manipulation ability secret was more trouble than it is worth. Can you imagine me patrolling the projects clad only in my underwear and wearing a Zorro mask on my days off? F@$! no! I don't need yet another complication in my life.

And contrary to popular belief, i am not always angry all the time. I just deal with problems head on. If Uncle Sam or anybody else gets in my way and tells me to move, then I'll just stand up tall, look them straight in the eye and calmly say:

'No, you move, a$*h@!#s.' "
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

It's quite obvious Jun was expecting something else from confessing his fears to Helen. Still, he takes it in stride.
" Well, in any case, thanks a lot for the food and for stopping by. Is there anything I could do to help you out?
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"So," Khemis asks quietly when McMillan and Ebert are safely out of earshot. "That was ... enlightening. But what do we want to do with this new information? Do we want to talk to McMillan? If we help him to can change some of what he has seen it might improve the situation for everyone. Or do we want to keep away from him and try and track down and help those three Sunstormers on our own? I guess if we make any contact with him we'll be attracting the interest of the NSA, which may well be a bad thing..."
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Helen had a distinct feeling in her gut that somehow Jun wanted to get something off his chest but she did not press the issue. She got off her chair and stretched out her arms, enjoying the ease of relaxed muscles. She then handed him a card after writing something on the back with her fountain pen.

"I don't need anything. I've got to go. Any trouble, you contact me through this number or via my cellphone. 21th Precinct. If I'm not in or don't answer your call, then ask for a Captain Ian Anderson and no one else not even my partner waiting outside. My home address is on the back. Thanks for the tea."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Deborah thinks to the others, "Khemis, do you want to try to talk to McMillan while he's still here? It might spook him that 'you' knew to find him here. But he might think this is neutral space so this might be the best time to talk to him. You can just jump down from the balcony. We'll be gone before he can come up here and find us."
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

">>I don't think having Khemis do that is a good idea. McMillan is already on-edge about Sunstormers in general. Khemis, I'm going to be completely honest here, but you would make a terrible first impression if you do it like that. Deborah or I might be better for that, but not here -- he would know we spied on this meeting, and that's not a good first impression either. Meeting him at a different location might be the better approach.<<" Sunny wrote out, having been somewhat distracted while taking his notes and trying to parse out the one-sided conversation Khemis was having with Nemesis.

">>I am more concerned about what Ebert said: the hormonal side-effects pushing these super-soldiers to seek violence as an outlet for releasing the stress of maintaining self-control. Ebert said he could maintain control of the team for 2 weeks at a maximum, but I don't believe they will manage that long. My guess is that his soldiers will go AWOL before then, and decide that the best target for venting their urges upon is the most justifiable in their eyes -- Albert. We need to get him to safety somehow, without alerting these goons that he's already left their surveillance.<<"

">>Otherwise, I fear they might lose control and try to kill him, regardless of what McMillan or Ebert say.<<"

Sunny furrowed his brow, frowning deeply in thought. He wrote some more. "We need to both get Albert to safety and away from those emotionally unstable super-soldiers -- or body-guard him until the two weeks are up -- and simultaneously convince McMillan to call off these attack-dogs of his before they slip the leash."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"First impression? I'm not going to look. But I bet McMillan has a dozier on Khemis already and if he is as concerned about Sunstormers as we've seen, he probably wants to meet her. There is no way Khemis talking to McMillan is a first impression situation," Deborah communicates non-verbally. "You and I are still unknown. We are better off remaining unknown as long as we can. And while tipping him off that we spied on him isn't great, if Khemis goes now, I can still listen in on his mind from here during the conversation. And as you said, the sooner we talk to him, the sooner we might get him to recall the crazy super-soldiers from Albert's home. If you really think Albert is in imminent danger, go deeper into the apartment and call him. But I think two weeks is a lot of leeway. Ebert did not give the impression that they might go off at any second."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

---Helen---

" You're very welcome", Jun says as he opens the door for her. "And, for the record...you are not as horrible as it seems on tv. But I promise, I won't tell anyone."
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"You better not say anything." Helen grinned as she stepped out into the hallway. "I've a bad reputation to uphold after all. Must not let people especially criminals know I'm getting soft. Take care of yourself, Jun."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" You too, Officer Paladino", Albert Jun says, then closes the door and goes back to his food.