[MM3]Sunstormers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

OOC: Then give me a perception check, please.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

OOC: Rolled pretty well, thankfully. Perception: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Thanks to his superhuman senses, Sunny does notice someone befitting the description sitting in a two blocks away - a woman. Apparently, they have become somewhat wiser and stopped parking directly in front of the house.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Sunny hummed in thought as he took he walked by the woman. Mrs. Willis had mentioned that of Albert's stalkers, two had been women; this was likely one of them. Now, he couldn't be absolutely certain, but Sunny could see where the older woman and Albert had been coming from: nondescript clothes, nondescript car, hair tied back, and a strange sense of focus. Walking past wasn't enough to get a sense of just how muscular this woman was --- Sunny was no expert, but vascularity always seemed easier to spot in men -- but the rest of the description (and a blurry photo Albert had managed to take) seemed to fit her.

How should he approach this? Sunny didn't know if the woman would even recognize him (not as a Sunstormer, but as someone who'd just been in Albert Jun's apartment), and he had no intention of letting whoever was behind Albert's stalkers know what he looked like nor what he sounded like. After all, if they were stalking Albert because of his abilities, it stood to reason that they might be just as interested in Sunny himself.

Then again, Sunny really wanted to knock on that car window, make up some random excuse that would get her to roll down the glass to deal with him, and then... Sunny didn't know what he wanted here. Knock her out with a superhuman slap, steal her car and take her someplace to interrogate? Batman-logic told him that would get him answers, but Sunny was no Batman, and his knowledge of interrogation was academic at best. Besides, violence like that would just be an escalation of an already murky situation. Didn't stop Sunny from feeling that ugly desire to look her in the eyes and demand answers to the questions he had.

Or maybe he should be patient: content wait and watch the woman instead, in the event that she left (so he could tail her to her hideout) or met with some of Albert's other stalkers.

Sunny pondered the issue as he pretended to check his phone, duffel-bag hoisted on one shoulder, while secretly observing the woman with his super-senses. For a moment, he would content himself with memorizing everything he could about the woman, her car, and how she seemed to be acting while monitoring Albert somehow.

OOC: Does the woman register as anything beyond the normal to Sunny's Analytical cosmic-energy vision? Is she on her phone, talking to anybody that Sunny might be able to overhear with super-hearing?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

She does not register as anything but human. No sunstormer energy present whatsoever.
Currently, she is working with a small laptop, though Sunny can also spot a set of binoculars on the seat next to her.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

"Well, she doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon," Sunny muttered to himself. He shot a quick text to the others that he had Albert's things and was heading over.

After walking further down the street, Sunny ducked into an empty, secluded alleyway and then shot to the roofs. Flying low for several blocks as he skimmed rooftops before picking up speed and elevation, the flying powerhouse made his way to Khemis' where Albert was waiting, duffel bag secured on his shoulder.

OOC: Figure that I might as well get things back on track with the others, and we can get Albert's input on what he wants to do about the stalkers.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Albert is very happy to receive the bag, disappearing to change into something decent before returning. " Is everyone okay? Mrs. Willis? Choco? Were stalkers still there?" he asks.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

A little prior to this, after some discussion between Khemis and her roommates, they agreed to let Sunny come to their place rather than Khemis meeting up with him on a rooftop elsewhere. And so when Sunny got in touch about meeting up, let him know her actual address and apartment number.

"I am trusting you with the location of my home here Sunny," Khemis tells him very seriously once he is inside and Albert is off changing. "I am believing in you in hoping that that trust can be justified, because it's not just about me and my civilian identity, but about my family, my roommates, and my neighbours. I already had to get Albert to go on and back to avoid having a big arrow of power outages pointing right here. So please do not disappoint me in this." 'Wow, I sound just like mom!' thinks Khemis as she says this.
Last edited by Tony Jones on Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Helen parked her car alongside a fast food joint selling Cajun cuisine. But though she liked spicy foods, dinner will have to wait.

She checked her voicemail and text messaging on her smart phone. The usual crap: her Twitter account has nearly been hacked yet again and was spamming hate mail, death threats against her and her family as well as requests to send pictures online of her wearing only her badge and underwear. There was even an offer from Sony executives in Hollywood for a movie deal.

Helen sent out her usual replies: the F word. The movie deal she answered she will think about it only if she was cast as the villain and she won by killing off all the heroes.

There was another e-mail from the Chicago Bears who want to sign her up to appear in a few of their games at halftime for publicity. Helen agreed immediately then contacted her most trusted bookie to bet on the next football game, double or nothing.

She turned off her phone and left the car, waiting for the police traffic patrol helicopter to pick her up from the roof while occasionally looking up at the skies for Flyboy.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

"Mrs. Willis and Choco are fine. A little frazzled and worried for you, but they're fine." Sunny reassured Albert. "One of your stalkers was there, a woman, sitting in a car two blocks from your apartment. She was looking at a laptop and a cellphone. If we ever need to track it down, I've memorized the car's license plate, make and model. But once you've gotten changed, you and I need to head out. We've imposed on Khemis and her roommates enough..."

Of course, then Khemis decided to discuss the matter of trust once Albert was changing in the bathroom.

Sunny gave Khemis a flat look. In his view, Khemis was a danger to her own secret identity and there was little anyone could do about it... and now a danger to his. How in blazes did this woman know his name? ...Did Deborah tell her? And if she did, why?! Had he done something to anger the telepath that she would tell Khemis his real name? Was this a power-play or something? Some kind of threat of mutually assured destruction via disclosure of civilian identities? If so, Sunny did not care for it.

"I am aware. I've been more than mindful of my own identity, and will do the same for you, Khemis." Sunny told her sharply, doing his best to make sure his intent was made perfectly clear. "Besides, you know that my name's Peter. I have no idea who this 'Sunny' person is. Perhaps you're mixing me up with someone else?" His words trailed off leadingly, to make sure she got the hint.

OOC: Is Sunny the only one who's managed to keep his mouth shut properly about everyone's secret identities? :roll: First Deborah, now Khemis! Next thing you know, Vex will know his name and slip up too! :P
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine
kenmadragon wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:04 pm "One of your stalkers was there, a woman, sitting in a car two blocks from your apartment. She was looking at a laptop and a cellphone. If we ever need to track it down, I've memorized the car's license plate, make and model. But once you've gotten changed, you and I need to head out. We've imposed on Khemis and her roommates enough..."
"If you could let me have all of the licence plate details I can try to track them down," offers Khemis.
kenmadragon wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:04 pm Of course, then Khemis decided to discuss the matter of trust once Albert was changing in the bathroom.
OOC: When she does this Khemis also takes Sunny off into another room of the apartment for some privacy from her roommates as well. They seem quite sorry to see him go...
kenmadragon wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:04 pm "I am aware. I've been more than mindful of my own identity, and will do the same for you, Khemis." Sunny told her sharply, doing his best to make sure his intent was made perfectly clear. "Besides, you know that my name's Peter. I have no idea who this 'Sunny' person is. Perhaps you're mixing me up with someone else?" His words trailed off leadingly, to make sure she got the hint.
"Good. Thank you," she replies. "And yes, that is clearly what has happened ... 'Peter'."

She gives a completely unsubtle wink and makes quote marks with elongated fingers as she says this.

"Though were it to come up, you could make a case it's quite a different thing. Speaking entirely hypothetically, even if I knew the name of some random person I had invited to my apartment for some reason, finding them would be trying to find one person in the two and a half million people in Chicago. They, on the other hand, know my address and apartment number, so a case could be made that they very much have the advantage in this situation..."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: For the record, if Sunny is feeling Insightful, Khemis is genuinely surprised at his reaction, and although she does not 100% like it, feels it is best to go along with his 'little white lie'.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Sunny stared at Khemis for a moment, incredulous. "I... are you serious? Khemis, you have to wear a burqa to avoid being recognized as a Sunstormer. Your ability to keep your civilian identity secret has always been at a disadvantage. It sucks that that's the case, sure. But you know as well as I do that that's the unfortunate reality."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair distractedly. "Look, you should know by now that I take this whole 'secret identity' thing seriously. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't imply otherwise." Sunny said, deciding to drop the subtlety and speak plainly. "Your secret is safe with me... so please keep mine safe as well. Loose lips sink ships -- and given what's happening to Albert, slip-ups like that can be dangerous if the wrong person happens to overhear."

It did not slip Sunny's mind that he would need to have a similar conversation with Deborah in the near future as well. If Khemis had learned his name from Deborah... well, he could bring it up with her soon enough. Sunny had an idea about how to get information out of Albert's Stalker that didn't involve snatching her out of her car and screaming at her while a couple hundred feet in the air... nor spending hours waiting and watching to see what she did.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Shadowmask wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:02 pm Helen parked her car alongside a fast food joint selling Cajun cuisine. But though she liked spicy foods, dinner will have to wait.

She checked her voicemail and text messaging on her smart phone. The usual crap: her Twitter account has nearly been hacked yet again and was spamming hate mail, death threats against her and her family as well as requests to send pictures online of her wearing only her badge and underwear. There was even an offer from Sony executives in Hollywood for a movie deal.

Helen sent out her usual replies: the F word. The movie deal she answered she will think about it only if she was cast as the villain and she won by killing off all the heroes.

There was another e-mail from the Chicago Bears who want to sign her up to appear in a few of their games at halftime for publicity. Helen agreed immediately then contacted her most trusted bookie to bet on the next football game, double or nothing.

She turned off her phone and left the car, waiting for the police traffic patrol helicopter to pick her up from the roof while occasionally looking up at the skies for Flyboy.
As she walks, a man moves to intercept her. He is tall, white dressed in an immaculate suit, with sharp features and very bright blue eyes. " Miss Paladino? Can I have a minute of your time, please?"
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Helen looked at the stranger curiously. Either he was a lawyer or insurance salesman. Worse, he could be a Jehovah's Witness. She radioed the chopper not to land and continue to make a aerial search for the flying freak until further notice. Helen also placed her other hand close to her gun...just in case.

"Can i help you? If you're buying or selling, then the answer is no. If it's yet another marriage proposal then the answer is still no unless you are a billionaire then.....maybe.

And yes, I'm catholic in this twisted and ugly world of ours. So i ain't at all interested in converting. Deal with it.

You can have your sixty seconds starting right now and the clock is ticking."