[MM3]Sunstormers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:11 pm "All of it... With an unspoken 'regardless of how much collateral damage it causes'?" asks Khemis after a moment.

"Would you have a problem with my bringing the others in on this conversation? I'd guess they might have something to add."

" How often have people kept others from bringing their misdeeds into the light by hinting at 'collateral damage'? It's a concept that only exists to further obscure the truth."

Nemesis shakes her head. " I would have expected a more fervent desire to see justice done."

She pauses, then shrugs. " Feel free to speak to the others. Just know that they cannot see or hear me."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Tell that to the innocent families, friends and bystanders who get killed in revenge attacks for something they had nothing to do with!" Khemis tells Nemesis. "Justice is the ideal, but justice for one at the price of greater injustice to others is hardly true justice!"

She pulls out her phone and calls Deborah (on the assumption she and Sunny are still in the same place).

"It would be much more useful if they could also see and hear you," she points out to Nemesis as she waits for the call to go through. "I am having trouble convincing them you are not just a particularly convincing hallucination!"
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Helen suppressed the feeling of revulsion and the urge to vomit as she stared at the strange fungus. She made the sign of the cross over her chest and reluctantly moved closer to Dupont's door.

Unless this spread of mold was fairly recent, there was no way in hell that no one didn't notice it before.

Great, now I'm pest control. Should call headquarters in for a SWAT team armed either with bug spray or flamethrowers.

Avoiding the growths as much as she could, Helen carefully knocked on the part of the door that isn't infected.

"Hello? Police. Everything okay in there?" she said crisply, showing her badge at the peephole.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Deborah answers the call and relays what Khemis says to Sunny.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"To summarise," Khemis tells Deborah and Sunny. "Nemesis says she knows a few things we are 'dying to know', and that that info can be ours if we agree to make everything we find out public. Regardless of how much collateral damage that causes. An offer I'm inclined to turn down without knowing more about..."

"Oh! I think I see!" she interrupts herself as a thought occurs.

"Are you offering to help us because the military - or the US government as a whole - have files on people suspected of being Sunstormers?" she asks Nemesis, turning directly towards her with an outraged expression, her voice clearly audible over the phone connection.

"So, if we accept your help we would get those files and be obliged to release them to the world. Which means we would be outing all of those people, probably including loads of non-Sunstormers. And opening them up for persecution, being forced to work for all kinds of unsavoury people. Potentially violence and death! So doing your dirty work and fostering human-Sunstormer conflict!"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Deborah mutes the phone and says to Sunny. "I know you doubt Nemesis is a real person. But, that flip would be signs of serious mental instability if she isn't engaging with an actual separate person. She obviously went from speaking to us to speaking with someone else. It doesn't help if we can't hear the answer."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

OOC: Sunny, I need your current sensory abilities and a perception check, please.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

OOC: I've got the following Senses active at the moment.

Eyes of the Empyrean: Senses 1 (Awareness: Visual [Cosmic Radiation/Sunstormer Energy])
and
Superior Senses: Senses 7 (Analytical: Eyes of the Empyrean, Extended Auditory 2, Extended Visual 2, Infravision, Ultra-Hearing, Ultra-Vision)

Perception: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: For the record, Khemis is invisible to all Visual senses at the moment, but she is talking and with Extended Auditory - 2 I'm willing to bet she is completely audible to Sunny...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Sunny MIGHT want to spend a Hero Point...
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

OOC: Then spend that Hero Point I shall!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Alright, I have done a reroll for you, ending up with a 23.

As Sunny looks up, he sees only Khemis' specific Sunstormer radiation at first. But then, as he strains his senses, he notices that there is something else. A faint wisp of energy close to her, almost eclipsed entirely by Khemis' emanations. Almost an echo of Sunstormer energies, something that looks and feels...projected. Yet, at the same time...there is a marked difference between this echo and normal Sunstormer radiation. It feels more...primitive. Primal.
But something is definitely there.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//You all okay?
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: I'm waiting for Sunny and Nemesis to respond!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:58 am "To summarise," Khemis tells Deborah and Sunny. "Nemesis says she knows a few things we are 'dying to know', and that that info can be ours if we agree to make everything we find out public. Regardless of how much collateral damage that causes. An offer I'm inclined to turn down without knowing more about..."

"Oh! I think I see!" she interrupts herself as a thought occurs.

"Are you offering to help us because the military - or the US government as a whole - have files on people suspected of being Sunstormers?" she asks Nemesis, turning directly towards her with an outraged expression, her voice clearly audible over the phone connection.

"So, if we accept your help we would get those files and be obliged to release them to the world. Which means we would be outing all of those people, probably including loads of non-Sunstormers. And opening them up for persecution, being forced to work for all kinds of unsavoury people. Potentially violence and death! So doing your dirty work and fostering human-Sunstormer conflict!"
Nemesis sighs deeply. " Why do you assume the worst of me? Have I ever done anything to harm you? Is it so hard to believe that I am tired of watching people get hurt because they are different? Because they are not and do not what society expects from them?"