[MM3]Sunstormers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shadowmask

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers IC

Post by Shadowmask »

Helen gritted her teeth and with a tremendous effort, calmed herself down. She looked at her watch.

"The visit was a courtesy, not a social call. In case you haven't noticed; I'm a sunstormer too. Normally i would use my superpower to break down this door and tear you a new a@$#%*&©. Of course for saying the F word to me means i would do even a lot worse to you. So go ahead and perform your Rage against the Machine tirade. In fact moan and groan about it on a Reddit forum. My advice...leave town asap, va bene?"

Without waiting for an reply, Helen turned away and quickly left the building. Once outside, she briefly concentrated and floated high in the air until she reached a height of 100 feet. She remained in place for a few seconds then took out her gun and fired a couple of rounds into the sky, hoping to hit the moon.

She missed.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: Hope there's not anyone standing where those bullets land!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswith ... be-lethal/
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

"Alright. All aboard the Superman-Express." Sunny rolled his eyes, making sure Khemis and Deborah were both ready before he picked the latter up and crouched for the former to hop onto his back. "I'll drop you two off first, then go back around for Albert. Not sure he's gonna be happy about what we've learned, though..."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"No, he probably isn't," agrees Khemis, climbing onto Sunny's back and sticking there much as before. "But unfortunately his or our happiness is not entirely under our control..."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

So, after two quick tours, you all, including Albert, end up at Deborah's place...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Shall I tell Albert or should you, as the person who was right there?" Khemis asks Deborah.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I don't know if I'll get the same nuance as you," Deborah says to Khemis and then opens up to everyone. "But, essentially, you're being watched by a government black ops team. Not sure why your are on their radar. But, you aren't the only person being watched. The team watching you doesn't know the identities of the other people. Only that there are other people similarly being surveilled. The team was six people (IIRC) and they report to someone infrequently. The scary part here is we don't know what the goal of this unnamed group is." She looked at Khemis and Sunny, "You want to add anything?"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"From what Deborah said, they don't just suspect you're a Sunstormer, but they know your powers in a fair amount of detail somehow," chips in Khemis.

"Which is also a bit of a worry. Do they have tech to do that, or is there a Sunstormer with some kind of power analysis power on their side? Or is Nemesis stirring up more trouble by feeding them that sort of information?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Albert rubs his forehead. " From Heroes right into X-Files...not how I expected my life to go."
" What exactly do they know about my powers?"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I'm pretty confident this isn't how any of us expected our lives would go!" comments Khemis. "But apparently they know that you have 'the very dangerous ability to manifest and control electrical impulses'. Which is a lot more than I would have thought they could know..."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Just to make them scarier," Deborah says. "The woman we saw had been special forces until she was initiated into whatever black ops group she works for now. The member of the team have been experimented on to boost their abilities in various ways. What she doesn't know, but her boss does know and had the same treatments, is they won't live more than a year after the treatment. So this agency or group they work for will do anything, including lying to its own operatives about the dangers of substances injected into their operatives, to accomplish whatever it is they deem necessary."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Albert blinks. " Supersoldiers? Before the Sunstorm? I thought that was just conspiracy of sci-fi nonsense. What the hell...? And for me? I was the one who got shot! I...I didn't hurt anyone! Oh sh...how do I get out of this...?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I wish I had an answer for that," Deborah says. "Since you are only, for now, 'under observation' we don't know what goals they have. They could be recruitment, could be containment, could be extermination. Could be a combination of all three, as well."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I suspect that people in power are waking up to us as a resource to be exploited or a threat to their power to be eliminated," comments Khemis. "Probably both on a person by person basis..."

"But for you? Yes, like Deborah says, not sure."

"Going off the grid might be a way forward, though obviously you'd have to leave your current life behind, so I totally understand if you didn't want to do that. Though if the government are going to expanding this kind of thing going forward I suspect you won't be alone for long, unfortunately."

"Or we try and expose them. Bring it all into the light. But that might expose you to the public gaze more than you'd like..."
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

"Look, you remember the shooting from last month? You may not know this, Albert, but we were the ones to find you in the snow and call the EMTs. I visited you in the hospital afterwards... overheard them talking. Nurses probably noticed you gave off little jolts of static in your sleep, and you likely had to be electrically grounded for the monitoring equipment to function properly. Cops guarding the ward knew you were a Sunstormer too. My guess, is that after the shooting, the government decided to keep tabs on you via this off-the-books black-ops outfit." Sunny explained. "It's also how they found out the basics of his powers -- you were unconscious for a while, Al, and back then, none of us had the firmest of control over our abilities. And after that... well, they've been watching you. They know the broad scope of what you can do, and I think that's what scares them."

"Anyways, we're getting off track. Here's the problem -- we don't know enough about these people to know exactly what they want nor what they want with you, Al. What we do know is that their team leader is going to meet up with some spook who's managing the outfit, and who likely answers to someone with actual answers to all our questions. They're not going to meet for a couple days, but that could change if they notice you've fled. We don't know if you are in danger. We don't know if anyone you are close to is in danger either. We just know that the government knows you exist, Albert, and that you have powers... and that they're watching you and if they decide to escalate from that, you can be in danger."

Sunny sighed, running a hand through his hair tiredly. "You can run. I can help you with that, if you want -- fly you somewhere else in the country if you have somewhere you know you can lie low. Or you can stay and try to bring these guys to light... which will expose you to the public and might just cause these guys to deny everything to save face. You can stay and pretend nothing's wrong, but that leaves you vulnerable if they choose to stop watching and try to capture you. Or you can confront them yourself, and demand that they leave you be by way of force, but that might just cause escalation. None of the options are particularly pleasant... but that's just the hand you've been dealt. All I can say is that we'll help you as much as we can, because you're one of us, Albert, by the whims of fate that bestowed us our gifts and somehow brought us together."

"The choice is yours, Albert. It's your life, after all."