[IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Scyblue

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by Scyblue »

Libra
HP: 4

Libra immediately stumbled out of the DeeCee-car the moment she saw herself back in the house.
"FOR THE LOVE OF-- WHYY?!"
She rolled over the ground before getting stuck in her own cape, then mindlessly grabbing at the carpet, enjoying the soft and fuzzy feeling of not getting ejected out of reality.
"I THOUGHT YOU HAD A PLAN?!" She continued while pointing a blaming finger towards the land submarine.
"You saw like, a tiny nail, aND YOU PULLED A SLEDGEHAMMER and you broke through the nail, and the wood, and my soul, and now there are wood-soul splinters everywhere-- Adrian's ROLLING in his grave right now. Wait what year is it even?"

She rambled on for a few more minutes before finally pulling herself together.
"No. It's fine. It's ok. We were stuck, and you did what you thought was best. We need to hurry and stop Medea from stealing the Alternity Atlas."
Libra looked down the hallway at the bronze doors.
OOC wrote:I couldn't find 'second wind' anywhere in the book, but can I just exchange that HP to get better? I really don't want to spend another encounter impaired :D
Blazichaos

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by Blazichaos »

Name: Aeon
HP: 5

As Aeon step out of DeeCee, legs shaking and staring blankly into the nothingness. He stays completely silent for a moment before falling face-first into the carpet, "All possibilities of the multiverse, realities, and timelines yet to happen and yet millennia-old" Aeon says under his breath into the carpet "And I just went through it like a marble in a washing machine, I would throw up but I think my lunch was left back on the other side, or my stomach was replaced with one that never ate." Aeon groans as he stands back up, slightly delirious from the "experience" (if you can call it that) he just endured, before shaking his head to snap out of it. "W-What? Yes! Bronze door! Can't dawdle on the past too long! And I would prefer anything to think about the mirrors as of this moment. We should check it out."

OOC wrote: Aeon is going to use a hero point to get rid of the impaired, because a -2 massively sucks and he stocked up A LOT of Hero points anyway.
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra
HP: 3

"Check it out we should." Libra said as she flew closer to the door.
"I know we're all still traumatised, but can I talk about one of the alternate realities? My dad turned the family business into a small bakery, and, I mean, it's not like I don't like the whole superhero thing, but say something happens to me today, it wouldn't be so bad to try--" She stopped talking when she noticed that the door was slightly open. She threw a concerned glance back to the others before flying to the gap, trying to see if she could take a peek inside the room.
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

Name: DeeCee
HP: 2
Status: Uninjured, 0 Luck available, Impaired next encounter

DeeCee has a headache, and becomes himself again.

"Well, we are through. Now what? I do not recognize this place and was lost before we got this far."
DeeCee doesn't really have many spare hero points and none of his Complications seem to be helping so I guess he'll just be impaired the next encounter.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Libra

Looking through the wide bronze doors, you see a windswept field near a short, archaic stone platform, thirty feet high and sixty feet across—an ancient observatory. A winding stairway around its perimeter leads to the top, where stone columns ring the outer edge. A black-haired woman in Greek dress dances above platform, the stones of the tower rising up to meet her feet with every step.

At the edge of the platform, a huge green figure suddenly lifts its head, water splashing off of its face where it was drinking, and stares directly at the door for several seconds before grunting and scanning the room while pulling up handfuls of water.
OOC wrote:Tom Cypress's Perception: 1D20 = [6] = 6 isn't enough to spot you peeking through the doors
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

Aeon moves over to the door as well in order to peak through, "well, I dare say that's our lady of the show" Aeon whispers.
OOC wrote:
Can Aeon make magic or an insight check to understand what the women is doing?
Expertise (Magic): 1D20+14 = [20]+14 = 34

Last edited by Blazichaos on Sun May 01, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra

"Yeah, I think we found her." Libra whispered to Aeon and DeeCee.
She didn't want to stereotype, but there was a good chance the woman in the Greek dress was the Greek demigoddess they were searching for. The green figure was a bit worrying though, a bodyguard maybe?
Understanding this was the final showdown she had been waiting for the entire day, Libra suddenly found herself on the stone platform. Before even she could realise, her super speed had carried her in front of the woman, flying to meet her at eye level. It took a moment before Libra composed herself, but then quickly struck a dramatic pose and flashed a broad smile.
"Hey. We're looking for someone called Medea. She's wanted for break-and-entering and attempted theft. You happen to know her?"
OOC wrote:If that starts combat I want to open up with Grand Entrance (Visual perception area affliction 10, resisted with will; dazed, stunned) the moment my turn comes up
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

"Oh goodness, visitors, "Medea says gaily, before pausing and placing one hand to her mouth. "Oh goodness... you're them. The Lost Ones. Entering into the Nerian Nexus and vanished for years. Where have you been all of this time? If you are here for the Nexus, I'm afraid I've been it's owner since some time in 2022, when dear Eldrich's protections lapsed, and there was a mad scramble to loot the house. Fortunately, I was here to preserve it as the new Master Mage this last decade..." her words wash over your ears, her description conjuring up images of family members and friends having declared you missing all these years, lost behind the weight of ages...
OOC wrote:Medea is attempting to use her Fascinate (Deception) Advantage to hold the attention of all listeners (Tom Cypress is familiar with the tactic, and ignores it) with her Fascinate advantage. She's doing it as a routine action for a DC 27 Will or Insight save or you are Entranced, Stunned and unable to do anything but listen.

Meanwhile, Tom Cypress will begin moving into place.
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra

Libra was taken aback for a moment, until she, by pure chance, noticed the green figure moving into position from the corner of her eye. Medea was distracting them.
"Of all the things you could've lied about." She mumbled, her smile turned into a serious frown.
Libra closed in the distance towards Medea, ready to punch.
OOC wrote:I rolled a 1D20 + 8 = [3]+8 = 11
for the will save, so I used a hero point to reroll it: 1D20 + 8 = [19]+8 = 27
which is exactly enough :D
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

Name: DeeCee
Status: Uninjured, 0 Luck available, Impaired entire encounter

DeeCee walks into the room, listening to the woman and thinking, she seems to be making sense.
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

Aeon barely listens for more than 2 seconds before immediately knowing the absurdity of what she just said. Smiling Aeon says "Im afraid your little ritual has left your charade as master mage unconvincing, Medea I presume?"
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

As Libra continued to close in, the stones beneath Medea keep bearing her up higher above the floor, the shimmer of something protecting her flickering across her body.
"Come now, does no one talk these days?" Medea says, raising her hands in mock defense. "Punch, punch, punch... where are the Jasons and the Heracles, who would hold forth with speeches? Proclaim their name and who they are? Can't we at least do Silver Age rules where you have to announce your name and powerset?" She places one hand on her breastbone and intones.
"I am Medea, daughter of Aietes, the King of Colchis, bearer of the Golden Fleece, demigod, sorceress of no small talent, and while I may not have been crowned Master Mage as of yet, I do not believe that there is any who could contest with me for the title. Well, except for Malador, but the whole mask thing, you know..."

As Libra draws closer, Medea lowers her voice, and speaks to her, "Are you here of your own free will, child? These men have not coerced you into their service? Filthy beasts... they have their uses, but I made the mistake of believing one, and when it was over, all that he left in his wake was poverty and ashes, such was his pride... even his own children died due to his blind ambition."
OOC wrote:Let me know if you plan on actually attacking, and roll initiative. Medea is ready to act, but isn't planning on initiating the hostilities just yet.
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra

"I'm Libra. I punch, punch, punch people that break the law." She said curtly, mocking Medea's drawn-out introduction.
"You weren't entirely forthright about being the Master Mage, so I'm not sure how much I believe in your other titles. If you lie on your resume, you should keep it small like 'sorceress of some talent'. Demigod is a bit much." Libra tried to act smug with her comeback, but a tremble in her voice spilled that she was still very upset that Medea almost made her believe that she had left her friends and family behind for an entire decade.
Flying in with a raised hand, Libra was going to make sure she wouldn't fall for any of her deception again; a trickster could only trick people for as long as she could run her mouth.
OOC wrote:Love banter, but I don't trust her not to pull something again :D
11 for initiative
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

As Libra and Medea begin their verbal sparring, which moves into more physical sparring, DeeCee finds himself coming out of a near-trance as reality intrudes once more. Medea begins moving her hands and chanting, but is forced to divert her efforts to defend against Libra's attack. Meanwhile, the large figure at the edge of the platform dusts off his hands, looks up at where Libra and Medea are fighting, and then down at Aeon and DeeCee by the door. A wide grin cracks his face and he shrugs each shoulder, eliciting pops that are like rifle shots.
OOC wrote:Initiative - Round 1
  • Aeon: 20
  • DeeCee: 12
  • Libra: 11
  • Medea: 10
  • Tom Cyprus: 9
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Thu May 05, 2022 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

HP:3

"Im Aeon, mystic ambassador of Aether and Bythos, sorcerer of gravitic might and solar fire, and I'll have you know Im quite an honorable and Honest man and wouldn't hit a lady!" Aeon says, before giving a slim smile, causing purple and yellow light to come from his hand, "But, you tried to deceive me as well as my teammates, and since in all of your thousand titles you didn't once mention the term "Lady", I assume that Im in the clear to rain fire down." He got that out with surprising confidence, able to act quick on his feet, but he isn't deaf, "demigoddess" is a title that few would like to be up against. Aeon then looks down at the figure, who doesn't exactly look "weak" himself.