[IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Blazichaos

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by Blazichaos »

Name: Aeon
HP: 3

Aeon flies straight into the air as once again, the roar of his gravitic magic permeates the room moving around the platform so Libra isn't in the way. "Now with introductions out of the way, Im afraid were going to have to revoke your application for master mage", as the yellow light in Aeon's hand fully manifest into a ball of solar wind. But Aeon isn't just talking to be a smart-ass, as he speaking, he intently observes Medea trying to get a read on how strong she is, but fully aware that she likely has more then a few veils covering her real potential, but she isn't the only person here, whoever that figure below her is, they all needed to be careful or they might end up in the same scenario as before, pincered from two sides. Aeon then blast the solar wind at Medea, making sure Libra won't be hit,
OOC wrote: Aeon is flying up in the air, then using his "assessment" advantage on Medea (using a insight bonus of 16 is secretly rolled).

Aeon (as mentioned in the non-OOC part) is gonna use solar wind on Medea (moving to keep from Libra being affected), im not sure if Tom is in the area though (the ability is 30 feet in width and 60 feet in length). Thats a DC of 20 fortitude to not be dazed, with a second degree of failure which is prone, but of course they both get a reflex save (DC 20 as well) to half the rank of the effect (making it only DC 15 fortitude).
FuzzyBoots

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

Aeon can't quite get a handle on Medea's abilities as she motions again with her hands, causing the stone she's standing on to descend sharply, as she stands firm against the fringe of wind that hits her. The mystic blast has even less effect on Tom Cyprus, who merely raises his head to balefully stare at Aeon.
OOC wrote:Against the Assessment, Medea rolls higher, so Aeon picks up nothing. I'll say you can catch both villains at once. Against the wind, Medea rolls Dodge: 25, Fortitude: 15, which is right on the button. Tom Cyprus rolls Dodge: 18, Fortitude: 22 also for no effect.

That would put DeeCee up next.
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

Name: DeeCee
HP: 2
Status: Uninjured, 0 Luck available, Impaired entire encounter

DeeCee finds himself conflicted and confused. The only thing he is sure about is that Libra and Aeon could use his help, for whatever that might be worth.

DeeCee concentrates and creates a doppelganger of each opponent to restrict their movements.
Doppelganger attack: DC 20 resist, unless Impaired affects power ranks in which case I guess it will be an 18.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

DeeCee

As Medea stands on her post and gestures, a shadowy figure manifests behind her, trying to grab hey in a great hug, but her pillar abruptly dips, leaving it grasping air, and then dissipating into the same.

"Impressive," Medea purrs, "Gravity, sun, and... shadow? Did your patron know you dabble with dark forces? To attack women and try to restrain them?"

Meanwhile, on the platform, Tom initially gets dogpiled by his doppelganger, but struggles to his feet, batting away its wispy hands.
OOC wrote:Parry rolls: Medea: 27; Cyprus: 6

Because it's not much fun for the bad guys to go down in the first round, DeeCee gets a Hero Point and Tom gets a Reroll. And Parry 16 will let him squeak by with just the first degree of Vulnerable. Still Progressive so a failed save next turn will advance it by a degree.

And since the effect is doubly Subtle, she'll assume it came from Aeon.

Libra is up next.
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra
HP: 1

Shadow? Libra didn't remember that being in Aeon's tool set. A glance to the side of the battlefield made her realise; DeeCee was doing this. Though if you didn't know he had superpowers it'd be hard to tell. With a smirk she turned to Medea.
"Sorry, forgot to mention. I dabble a bit in magic too." She lied, just to throw the sorceress off. "Though if you aren't impressed, I know another spell, sit still for a moment--"
Libra closed in, ready to punch. For a moment it looked like she would miss, until Medea suddenly changed the height of her pillar, setting herself up by pure accident.
OOC wrote: Unarmed attack against Medea. I rolled attack roll: 1D20 + 8 = [5]+8 = 13, but after acting so smug I'd like to reroll that:
attack reroll: 1D20 + 8 = [6]+8 = 14
Improved roll adding 10 to rolls under 11 should make that a total of 24, for a toughness check against DC 27
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Libra

As Libra dashes in with a punch, Medea begins an effortless dodge, and stops to sneer, which is almost her undoing. Libra's fist catches the edge of Medea's protective field, sending her tumbling backwards off of the pillar of stone, only to be caught by a series extruded outcroppings which bring Medea down to the level of the top of the stone platform, and the pool within. Looking up at the two flying heroes, Medea slaps the surface of the pool and eight gelatinous forms rise out of the waters, moaning piteously from multiple mouths along their semi-translucent forms.

"Gibbering horrors for jabbering heroes," Medea jibes, "Tom, deal with the one by the door. His bright yellow vest offends my senses."

The hulking figure surges forward with unexpected agility, leaving down from the platform into a lower crouch and then surging across the room in a sprint and ending with a wide swipe at his knee level, which is about waist high on DeeCee.
OOC wrote:That would hit, and Toughness: 12 is another first-round abnormally low roll that would leave things not so fun, so Libra get a Hero Point and Medea will reroll for Toughness (Fiat Reroll): 13, upgraded to 23 due to it being a reroll, for just a Bruise.

For Medea's turn, she will move to the top of the platform, and use her Legions of Hades Summon Power to summon Ooze demons. Their initiative of Initiative: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10 will put them after Medea next round.

Tom Cyprus, lacking flight capabilities, will use his +15 Athletics bonus to double his speed, and will run to DeeCee and attack. Attack roll (AA 2): 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24 will hit for DC 28 Toughness. Don't forget your -2 for Impaired.

His recovery roll against the Affliction is Parry roll for Affliction: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9, which will leave him at Defenseless (although he failed by 3 degrees, Progressive only advances one rank on a failure, not matter how bad).

We're back to the top of the initiative, and Aeon is up.

Initiative - Round 2
Aeon: 20
DeeCee: 12 (gets 1 HP)
Libra: 11 (gets 1 HP)
Medea: 10 (Bruised)
Slime Demons: 10
Tom Cyprus: 9 (Defenseless)
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

DeeCee takes the hit from the giant man with surprising nonchalance and responds with a, "Ai't now, I ain't done nothing to you. Ain't polite to go hitting folks for no reason. How about bein' more gentlemanly and just taking a nap?"
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

Shadow? Bythos doesn't give him power over shadows, he might be able to conjure of magic to create darkness but certainly not manifest actual shadows beings and he knows Libra is lying through her teeth. Heh, DeeCee seems to be up to no good, even better she's completely unaware that DeeCee is the culprit, Aeon thinks with a slight smirk on his face, quickly turning to a frown seeing the bizarre slimes. "Manifesting horrors are we? I guess there no point in holding back, here's a bit of taste of some of Bythos ire" Aeon says as he clenches his two hands together, fiercely concentrating on a point far back, causing a black point to appear with a titanic roar, followed by a massive gravitic pull attempting to pull Medea and per little pack of "friends" to be crushed.
OOC wrote: Aeon is using Wrath of bythos, aiming to only affect Medea and her slimes, (Although it IS burst 2 so the room might be too small for that), trying to pull them into a single point and compact them, while also pulling away from the slimes from the others (Burst area 2 Damaging Move Object 6, limited to Pulling towards the center of the area). He's also using a move action to strengthen the affect (as per move object), making it have 7 ranks. With anyone reaching the center taking a rank 7 hit as well.

Aeon will also rather cheekily attempt to use his assessment advantage against Tom
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

DeeCee decides that if he looks the fool, might as well play up to it, and begins dancing. Not particularly gracefully, but to any who happen to watch him, it is evident that he is trying to dance, seemingly to the tune of 'Staying Alive', which seems fitting given the situation. He jiggers, and maneuvers, in such a way that Tom Cyprus has a bit of confusion about where he's going to be next; while the latter continues to deal with the shadows that are trying to put him into a chokehold.

"You can tell by the way I move my butt
I'm a builder guy, just see my gut!
Kickin' round and having fun,
since building up the ground floor one.
Now it's alright, I understan',
you may not care about the man,
who builds the things,
that you live in,
big or small or thick or thin!

Whether you're a hero or a monster with a zero
I'm just a buildin' guy. Buildin' guy.
Breaking down the city, adding to the mis'ry
I'm still a buildin' guy. Buildin' guy.
Oh yeah, stand by, the buildin' guy, buildin' guy.
Oh yeah, stand by the building guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
"
DeeCee continues with his doppelganger attack on Medea, Tom, and the slime things (moving as needed to see them all): DC 20 resist, hopefully having Tom fail utterly as he has no parry with which to resist it as he is now defenseless, rendering him incapacitated.

Resisting Aeon's attack: 17
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

As Aeon's gravitic bubble moves out, He finds the room smaller than he'd originally thought, with the effect tugging at the clothing of DeeCee and Tom Cyprus in addition to the slimes, one of which is compressed to the center of the pool, nearly invisible within the gathered water. However, the slime seems to be the only one affected, with the other slimes clinging tenaciously to the rocky surface of the platform, itself unmoved, and DeeCee, Medea, Tom, and Libra entirely unmoved.
"Hmm," Medea said, tapping on her chin, "I think you come up a few thaum short, mageling."

DeeCee's attack sees Medea again easily evade her attackers, even as the shadowy figures find no purchase on the liquid surface of the slime demons. However, Tom is buried under the mass of his doppelganger, and apparently pinned immobile.
OOC wrote:Rolling the resistance checks. As Phicksur reminded me, the opening text did describe you guys near the platform, so he and Tom would be within the radius of Aeon's attack. Tom: 19. Medea: 20. Normally, the Slimes' Liquid Insubstantial state would counter grabs, but I'll say that a gravitic bubble counts under the "watertight" situation. Slimes: Dodge / Strength: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21, 23; 9, 26; 13, 21; 25, 17; 24, 15; 9, 15; 13, 24; 22, 17 results in only one being grabbed, and as a minion, suffering the worst-case scenario of Bound.

As regards DeeCee's attack, Medea rolls Parry: 26 to be unaffected. And Tom rolls well with Parry: 17, but drops to Incapacitated. The slime demons are impervious to being grabbed, and are unaffected.

Libra is up next.

Initiative - Round 2
DeeCee: 12
Libra: 11
Slime Demons: 10 (one Bound)
Tom Cyprus: 9 (Incapacitated)
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra
HP: 2

Slime demons, wonderful.
Libra would've rather continued chasing after Medea and her magic pillars, but it seemed that these slimes couldn't fly-- never mind, one of them seemed to be able to fly. But the others apparently couldn't, and if they started piling on DeeCee while she and Aeon were high up that'd be bad.

Flying away from Medea, Libra went for the demon high up in the air, picking up enough force on her way there to splatter the thing on impact. Quickly after she went for the other demons, nosediving into them one by one. Whenever she hit the ground a loud boom echoed through the room, unconsciously on the beat of DeeCee's cover, giving a nice, if not disturbing, bass to the song.
OOC wrote:dodge/strength: 1D20 + 8 = [11]+8 = 19 / 1D20 + 12 = [10]+12 = 22 against Aeons gravity sphere.

If the demons are minions then I can use my take-down advantage on them. I'll just roll for attack for all of them using all-out attack 2, tell me when my spree stops.
all out take down: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16
1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14
1D20+10 = [12]+10 = 22
1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26

If the demons do actually attack DeeCee all at once I want to prepare my reaction to interpose one of the hits.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

Like Jello before a sledgehammer, the slime demons are burst one by one by Libra's attack. Ectoplasm spraying everywhere, fortunately dissipating as the demons are slain and banished back to where they went. As she is slamming down to take the last one, arms reach up out of the edges of the platform in an attempt to grab her!

"Σκατά," Medea bites off as her demons are summarily dismissed, "I didn't want to play this hole card, but needs must." She makes a gesture with her hand and sand explodes out of it, filling out the swirling form of a woman at least thirty feet in height. As she draws up in height to the level of the platform, Medea speaks once more.

"Snag the mageling hovering by the ceiling for me," she says, her eye flashing with annoyance. The form of sand emits a roar reminiscent of a sandblaster and one of her arms shoots out, lengthening to swat Aeon with an open-handed blow and scoop him up.
OOC wrote:Sorry for the delay. Busy week and sick wife. None of the demons make their Toughness rolls and, as Minions (which is also why you can use Takedown Attack with them), they take the worst possible result, Incapacitated. Toughness: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11, 13, 11, 24, 11, 9, 8, 20 This does also trigger a magical trap Medea set, a Rank 10 Burst Snare. DC 20 Dodge for half, and DC 20 Dodge for the Snare. I think Libra will be the only one in range.

Initiative - Round 3
Sandstone: 21
DeeCee: 12
Libra: 11

And I promise that's the last villain scheduled to be introduced. :-D

Sandstone will attack Aeon. Attack roll (Unarmed): 1D20+12 = [14]+12 = 26 for a DC 25 Toughness save and a DC 16 Strength or Dodge roll against being grabbed.
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra
HP: 1

Libra noticed the magical arms closing in on her as she went for the last demon, but both in overestimating her own speed and in sheer stubbornness of wanting to finish the job, she went for it anyway.
After splattering the slime she took off as quickly as possible, deftly dodging around the arms, until one managed to grab her by the side. She tried to shake it lose, but a small startle was all the other hands needed to catch up and restrain her.

"Really?" Libra vented to Medea. "Making fun of a gravity sphere, but the best you can muster up is a tickle attack?"
Channelling some of that frustration made her able to break free from some of the arms, but most of them kept tightly holding on.
OOC wrote: I rolled three times for three threes :lol:
dodge and dodge: 1D20 + 6 = [3]+6 = 9
1D20 + 6 = [3]+6 = 9

Then went for a reroll on the second dodge check. Improved roll turns that into a 19, which saves me from being immobilised.
dodge reroll: 1D20 + 6 = [3]+6 = 9
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

HP: 3 (spending 1)

As the sand giant tries to grab Aeon, his Aether wards flash into life but start to crack as the grip gets ever tighter, slowly swallowing the entirety of his Aeon, ward and all within the claustrophobic grib. "Mageling? MAGELING?", as the massive sand hand fully engulfs him, a brilliant shine of white and orange light bursts open the hand. "I'm starting to get sick of you talking down to me 'your highness, and I don't intend to embarrass my patrons by losing to the likes of you!"

Yet another villain, this is becoming a problem, if Medea can keep summoning those... "things" they'll surely be overwhelmed! Aeon looks back at DeeCee, going toe to toe with that hulking man, and back to Libra, who seems to already be closing in on Medea herself. "We don't have time to deal with some monstrous sandstorm on top of everything else" Aeon mutters. Aeon then manifests a lance, taking one last glace at the new figure, before deciding that someone has to be taken out quickly, and hurls the bolt at Medea with all of his might, hoping that once she's down, the other two might give up, or at least retreat.
OOC wrote: Toughness: 1D20+12 = [3]+12 = 15

Yeeeeaaahhh, no, I dont think I want to take that 0_0, so using HP to reroll
Toughness (hero point reroll): 1D20+12 = [4]+12 = 16

-_- thank god for adding 10 (since it was a roll of 4 on the dice), so thats bumped to 14 which is 26 in total.
Dodge: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26

Thank god for that, I dont want to get touched by the sand, its coarse and it gets everywhere.

So once again, Aeon is going to use assessment on sandy here, while also doing an all-out attack (2) on Medea;
Solar lance Attack roll (toughness DC 25): 1D20+12 = [13]+12 = 25
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Aeon

Surveying the giant figure of sand, your blood runs cold. Everything you can read off of her suggests immense power, a djinn of old. Probably more tough than agile while in a form like this, but still formidable in that area. This is the sort of threat that might require entire teams to take down. However, your bolt hits true against Medea, who recoils slightly from the impact, although she still stands tall.
"Yes, mageling. I was mastering magic millennia before you were sucking on your mother's teat. Perhaps in a few centuries, you could attain power, but for now, you are a speedbump."

She begins making a set of gestures as magic sparkles around her.
OOC wrote:Medea is hit by the bolt, and rolls Toughness: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23 to acquire another bruise.

And she's not actually taking her turn yet. This is just flavor text for her upcoming action.