[MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shadowmask

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

Post by Shadowmask »

Stealth: 1D20-1 = [13]-1 = 12

The minus 1 on the roll means she is on the move in her normal speed.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kenmadragon wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:49 pm Sunny is an introvert trying to put on an extroverted facade, and fairly self-conscious about making mistakes in social situations -- Khemis is blunt and doesn't seem to give a shit about whether other people find her annoying or not when she says and does things. What Sunny struggles with socially, she doesn't seem to notice.

Sunny often tries to take the subtler, more careful approach, favoring secrecy -- Khemis is an advocate of exposing the truth to the masses and acting with full honesty. Khemis believes that people will generally tend to be good, while Sunny thinks people are "dumb, panicky animals".
All her life Khemis has been a good Muslim girl, not quite as obedient as her parents might like, but still quiet and not someone to openly object or make a fuss. Now Allah has given her these powers and new form. After long sessions of prayer and thought, she has to believe it was Allah, that what has happened to her has meaning in that way, because without that she does fear a little bit that she might just snap.

But given her change, she feels she can care less about what other people might think or say to or about her. And that has made her much more willing to speak up than she would have before. Allah has clearly chosen her for something as part of His divine plan, and whatever it is, she feels standing quietly on the sidelines is definately not what it is.
kenmadragon wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:49 pm Like Khemis, Sunny also experienced bodily-transformation in the wake of the Sunstorm, but is utterly terrified of his civilian-life being linked to the new Sunstormer-lifestyle he's adopting... to the point that he's avoided having in-person meetings and video-calls with his family and old friends from before New Year's, and does everything he can think of to keep his secret identity a secret --- Khemis' transformation, OTOH, makes the idea of a Secret Identity for her seem impossible; no matter what she does, she'll stand out in a crowd in Chicago because she's either obviously inhuman or wearing a full-length burqa that is immediately noticeable, and doesn't appear to admit to any concern about the two sides of her life mixing. She stands out no matter what, so Sunny questions why she even bothers putting on the airs of a Secret Identity, which is why he was confused and amused when Khemis was practically threatening him after he showed up to her apartment and met her roommates (all of whom knew her secret).
Despite her appearance, Khemis does maintain a secret identity. She feels she can manage it. The only people who know Khemis is really Karima Ech-Chergui are her parents, her flatmates and, if he looked into it, Sunny. And she worries not so much for herself were her identity to be revealed (though that would obviously be a huge issue!), but for her family and friends, and what they might have to face were that to happen. She thinks lynch mobs and the like are not entirely out of the question. That was why she insisted Sunny treat her identity and address seriously.
kenmadragon wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:49 pm He admires her forthrightness and easy confidence in herself, despite her inhuman appearance.
She had a decision to make when she got her powers. She could hide like a freak or embrace what had happened. Make it hers. So after lots of thought and prayer and rocking in the dark places of Chicago while weeping hysterically, that is what she has done...
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Helen would make a great Red Lantern.😶

jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Oops, another crime. Illinois is a two-party consent state for making recordings. Although being outside might mitigate that. Not sure of the particulars.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Yay! Khemis is well on her way to becoming our first supervillain- with the best of intentions, of course.

I mean, it sort of fits- she is the only one of us who can see Nemesis directly, after all...

:D

Or maybe, as an obvious Muslim interfering in an off-the-books NSA operation, she wants to get a free trip to Guantanamo?
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:31 pm Oops, another crime. Illinois is a two-party consent state for making recordings. Although being outside might mitigate that. Not sure of the particulars.
A case can be made that she's OK.

https://recordinglaw.com/party-two-part ... ding-laws/
The Above wrote: In December of 2014, the Illinois Supreme Court struck down the statute and amended it to allow recording conversations in areas where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. It was found that it violated a person’s first amendment rights.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Also, don't forget the three of us agreed to record the meeting between McMillan and Ebert without their permission, and have now done so, so if Khemis is going down, Deborah and Sunny are too! ;)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm Yay! Khemis is well on her way to becoming our first supervillain- with the best of intentions, of course.
Why is Khemis any more supervillainous than the others? We're all in this together as far as I can see!
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Also, as a question, can Sunny see that McMillan is a Sunstormer with his 'super-vision'?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yes, it's obvious to Sunny at first glance.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Did it even occur to this government "agent" that this random stranger appearing out of nowhere, potentially a sunstormer terrorist, might have a hidden surveillance device or even explosives on her?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tony Jones wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:05 pm
pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm Yay! Khemis is well on her way to becoming our first supervillain- with the best of intentions, of course.
Why is Khemis any more supervillainous than the others? We're all in this together as far as I can see!
To paraphrase the immortal words of Tonto "What do you mean 'WE', white man?" I only see one person actively interfering with a secret, off-the-books government Black Op- and Cassandra the Fed only sees one person. The rest of us are all clear, but Khemis has jumped right out there.

We'll be sure to visit her at Leavenworth or Colorado Supermax or wherever she ends up.

(Also, perhaps I need to make the smiley face even bigger- this is all meant in fun, in case I wasn't clear)

:D
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

In other news, I've been rather busy in my Writing Room thread and my side hustle Character Sheets thread, if anybody is reading those.

In particular, to the GM, I've given Nemesis a "playmate" of sorts, someone who can mete out any displeasure she might have against people who have "slipped her leash", as it were (or maybe he is just delusional). Might see him again, if he doesn't get eaten by a bunch of not-exactly-dogs...

I've also created an official government response agency, based on an earlier-mentioned Presidential Commission (formed by executive order after the attack on FBI headquarters- so, in current game timeline, literally BRAND NEW and still being put together). This doesn't interfere with out NSA/Black Ops friends, being the official, public response agency (though some of the shenanigans they get up to outside the public eye aren't all that wholesome).

Please let me know if either of these elements are considered over-reach on my part, so I can edit or delete them before I start using them anymore...

>And, no, sadly still not done with the "What Charger Has Been Up To" story, though it is in progress (and has a title, "Taking Wing").
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:18 pm I've also created an official government response agency, based on an earlier-mentioned Presidential Commission (formed by executive order after the attack on FBI headquarters- so, in current game timeline, literally BRAND NEW and still being put together). This doesn't interfere with out NSA/Black Ops friends, being the official, public response agency (though some of the shenanigans they get up to outside the public eye aren't all that wholesome).
Now this is something Helen would definitely be involved in. Unofficially of course.😉