[MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

Post by Tony Jones »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:41 pm
Tony Jones wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:54 pm She CC's this on to Deborah, Sunny and Charger as well.
I hope you meant BCC. While the ACLU getting Deborah email wouldn't be an issue since the interview she did makes her an interested party. But the other two have been hiding their identities.
Yes, BCC. Post updated to match!
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis is more than happy to get help from Lawscribe98 or anyone else she thinks can help!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:43 pm That's the one. I figure, if the groundwork can be laid early to lobby for protections there, treating the Sunstorm changes as a medical condition (which is actually appropriate in a number of ways), BEFORE legal or legislative wheels try to turn it into something else, then that might be a solid approach. Not the ONLY approach, but one worth looking at.

While Khemis is researching such matters on line, she will no doubt encounter (possibly fairly often) a person identifying as 'Lawscribe98', who insists that they are not a lawyer and are legally barred from giving actual legal counsel- but who has legal knowledge and experience, and knows a lot about how lawyers think and operate (and is based in the Chicago area, though they are remarkably cagey about exactly who or where they are). They won't take a case, but they may offer ideas as to who would, how to approach them, and ways to phrase one's questions to get a straight answer (or as close to a straight answer as any real lawyer would give).
Spoiler
This is Hope Kilmedi, a graduate/ law school student and legal intern- despite her age she is already quite experienced at tying the legal system in knots, and connected to the not-quite-criminal Albanian Brothers. She is also unnaturally smart and evasive- almost as if she were, somehow, supernaturally gifted... And now starring in her own (shared) vignette in the Writing Room thread.
Also do we have an exact date for the FBI attack? I want to make sure I'm keeping consistent with some of my story dates.

Or, for that matter, the game pick-up date? Is it Thursday February 3rd, or February 10th?
The game picks back up on February 10th. The attack happened on Friday the 4th
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:58 pm A few questions about events over the three weeks:

1) Has Khemis' request for reports of any sightings of Nemesis got any more responses?

2) If electricity and heating have been restored to most of Chicago, what is the food and water distribution situation like? Is there still a distribution point in the Plaza, or have shops reopened and supplies can found on their shelves?

3) How close are the universities in Chicago to opening?

4) Do we get any advancement points? :D
1) Yes, in fact, a lot. Apparently, she has appeared all over the globe. But it seems there are also many Sunstormers who have never seen her...

2) Shops have reopened and slowly, the shelves begin to fill again.

3) Lectures are supposed to start up again within the next 1-2 weeks.

4) 2, in fact.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

For 2), does that mean there's no more need for Khemis to be volunteering with the people distributing supplies? Or is it still going?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

2) The distribution point still exists but in a much reduced capacity.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OK, so she can probably move some of her volunteering efforts elsewhere for now...

Also, for 1), does there seem to be trend in the type of people she is appearing to? For example is it Sunstormers who look out of the ordinary now? Or people with mental problems etc.?

As a related question, what rough percentage of Sunstormers have become out of the ordinary in appearance since the event?

----

As for her advancement, if it's OK Khemis will have:

a) Jack of All Trades
b) Alternate Effect on Concealment: Concealment - 4 (All Vision), Blending, Passive (so she can hide in darkness and still attack, or hide anywhere but be unable to attack).
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:04 am
The game picks back up on February 10th. The attack happened on Friday the 4th
Great. I'll update/edit my various timepoints to line up.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Benefit: Status (Publicly known sunstormer who is legally authorized and sanctioned by the United States Government and the City of Chicago to use her powers.) 2pts.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Working on a what I did last summer post and spending 2 PP...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tony Jones wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:15 pm OK, so she can probably move some of her volunteering efforts elsewhere for now...

Also, for 1), does there seem to be trend in the type of people she is appearing to? For example is it Sunstormers who look out of the ordinary now? Or people with mental problems etc.?

As a related question, what rough percentage of Sunstormers have become out of the ordinary in appearance since the event?

----

As for her advancement, if it's OK Khemis will have:

a) Jack of All Trades
b) Alternate Effect on Concealment: Concealment - 4 (All Vision), Blending, Passive (so she can hide in darkness and still attack, or hide anywhere but be unable to attack).
1) Collating all that info takes a while but eventually, the data begins to form a somewhat more concrete picture. She seems not to appear to Sunstormers who have any kind of light-based powers, mental problems or not. She does appear to favor those with darkness-based powers but also those whose body has changed permamently and those who can change their bodies. But even there, there seem to be exceptions.

2) About 10% of all Sunstormers have experienced a permanent physical alteration as part of their powers.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Updated character sheet.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

I'm still debating on what to spend those two PP on... Upgrade some of his powers to make them stronger and/or more well-rounded (or rather, Superman-like)? Or gain some advantages? Upgrade skills or get new ones? Sink them into an Attribute +1? Or just save them for later to spend at a clutch moment?

So many choices, I'm note sure which to pick. All options sound good, but I don't yet have a solid grasp on how Sunny will likely try (and more importantly, succeed) to grow himself...

What I do know for certain is that every scrapped draft I've made for Sunny's "what did I do for the month" post would depend on what I spent those points on... If I upgraded powers or gained an AE for 'em, I'd be talking about him power-experimenting. If I upgraded advantages, I might explain how he developed 'em, or if it was skills I'd be showing him learning/training, etc etc...

Anybody got suggestions on what they think would be neat?

Edit: Almost forgot, but one aspect of the time-skip post I did settle on was Sunny having his birthday... and dealing with that in the wake of all the shit going on around the world, across the country, in the city... Not to mention the fact his parents want a video-call to wish him and he hasn't quite told them about the whole "I don't look the way I did when you last saw me two-three weeks ago for New Year's" thing. Oh, and the fact that he's got no one to really celebrate it with in-person, which is just a gut-shot to the feels for Sunny, given how much has changed for him... but he still feels lonely and far from home.

Though, I might end up making my own snippet-thread like everyone else seems to be doing and post something like that over there, if this scene detracts too much from the rest of my post. *shrugs*
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

kenmadragon wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:15 am Though, I might end up making my own snippet-thread like everyone else seems to be doing and post something like that over there, if this scene detracts too much from the rest of my post. *shrugs*
Snippet thread? Are there other threads?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

There is some stuff in the Writing Room