[MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Cosmic and Stellar Radiation work perfect as descriptors. I cannot go into further detail to avoid spoiling things, but he's on the right track.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

So it's like solar radiation?🤔 Yeah...

Anyway, Helen has access to a gym and she scanning the skies for Sunny. She thinks he'll make for a good recruit plus she can keep a close eye on him in case of his eventual meltdown...😏

kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Shadowmask wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:57 pm So it's like solar radiation?🤔
I mean, our powers are the result of a massive Solar Storm... Makes sense that the "energy of the Sunstorm" would be similar to cosmic radiation from space - particularly the radiation given off by stellar bodies.

...I imagine that NASA and other space-agencies around the globe are gonna be given much bigger budgets for the next fiscal year as they're best aligned to study what the hell caused the Sun Storm. :mrgreen:
Shadowmask wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:57 pm Anyway, Helen has access to a gym and she scanning the skies for Sunny. She thinks he'll make for a good recruit plus she can keep a close eye on him in case of his eventual meltdown...😏

Also, Sunny can't do the heat-vision thing. He doesn't know if it's even possible for his powers or not - if it is possible, he hasn't figured out the trick of it yet.

...Well, maybe not yet. :twisted:
Last edited by kenmadragon on Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Unless the Sunstorm was just a side effect or power supply for whatever was really going on...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Shadowmask wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:57 pm Anyway, Helen has access to a gym and she scanning the skies for Sunny. She thinks he'll make for a good recruit
Good luck with that! :lol: :roll:
Shadowmask wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:57 pm plus she can keep a close eye on him in case of his eventual meltdown...😏
But who's keeping an eye of Helen? She seems much more likely to go on a killing spree than any of the rest of us...
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Tony Jones wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:13 pm
Shadowmask wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:57 pm plus she can keep a close eye on him in case of his eventual meltdown...😏
But who's keeping an eye of Helen? She seems much more likely to go on a killing spree than any of the rest of us...
I imagine she believes that either Chicago PD or the FBI will be the ones to put a cap in her if she goes off the reservation. My money's on the FBI taking the shot if it ever comes to it... or whatever taskforce the US Government is able to put together to hunt down rogue Sunstormers with lethal prejudice. Ironically, I fully expect Helen would be happy to actually be a part of such a taskforce if they offered her the job. :roll:
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I think you're right! Right up to the point where they come for her...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:49 am Cosmic and Stellar Radiation work perfect as descriptors. I cannot go into further detail to avoid spoiling things, but he's on the right track.
This was one of theories which led to the government task force dealing with Sunstormers (at least, the officially announced, above-board task force, because there will obviously be shadowy unofficial investigations) being put under the direction of the US Space Force (with NASA, DARPA, and all of the rest of the alphabet soup 'advising'), since at least as far as the public knows it was triggered by a space/solar event. That and the idea that the Space Force is so new it doesn't have a lot of other Official portfolio to manage (and having a high-visibility project means more funding!).

Just a theory, ya know...
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:23 pm
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:49 am Cosmic and Stellar Radiation work perfect as descriptors. I cannot go into further detail to avoid spoiling things, but he's on the right track.
This was one of theories which led to the government task force dealing with Sunstormers (at least, the officially announced, above-board task force, because there will obviously be shadowy unofficial investigations) being put under the direction of the US Space Force (with NASA, DARPA, and all of the rest of the alphabet soup 'advising'), since at least as far as the public knows it was triggered by a space/solar event. That and the idea that the Space Force is so new it doesn't have a lot of other Official portfolio to manage (and having a high-visibility project means more funding!).

Just a theory, ya know...
Whenever I hear "US Space Force", all I can think of is the TV-show with Steve Carrell. Only saw a single episode of it, but still, that's all I can think of whenever that office of the US government is ever brought up... :lol:

Anyways, I'm just gonna drop off the "Sunny does things over the month" part of my next update. Can't come up with a transition into the current plot-line with Albert that feels satisfying. Just gonna go with Sunny finally deciding to respond to Khemis' texts and heading over to Albert's place since he's the one she texted who can actually get there quickly.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

:mrgreen:

Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

For the record Khemis has not mentioned she is a journalism student in character. She's been keeping her background etc. as secret as she can.

On the other hand, given her writing it's probably not an entirely unreasonable leap to guess she's something journalism related, and if someone asks she won't lie about it...

Also, she's not texting every five minutes! Maybe once or twice a day normally. She does realise that bombarding people with a tsunami of texts is not a good way to get people to pay attention! Though her definition of 'tsunami' and Sunny's may be different, of course!
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Tony Jones wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:25 pm For the record Khemis has not mentioned she is a journalism student in character. She's been keeping her background etc. as secret as she can.

On the other hand, given her writing it's probably not an entirely unreasonable leap to guess she's something journalism related, and if someone asks she won't lie about it...
I was under the impression that Khemis has been writing a journalistic blog in her free time? I assumed it would have been obvious from that, given Sunny reads it on occasion.
Tony Jones wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:25 pm Also, she's not texting every five minutes! Maybe once or twice a day normally. She does realise that bombarding people with a tsunami of texts is not a good way to get people to pay attention! Though her definition of 'tsunami' and Sunny's may be different, of course!
Reminder: Sunny wasn't the most social of people before the Sunstorm (and still kinda isn't). A text "once or twice a day" for someone whose prior experience was "once or twice a week... or month" feels like a lot.

jmucchiello wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:57 pm Over the next week, Deborah continues her usual fashion format. Becca seems relieved that the political stuff seems to have been a one-time thing. But she's disappointed when Deborah pulls some sound bites from the interview to put them up on TikTok.

"Maybe you should start another channel for that so you don't annoy your followers." Becca says.

"Who's going to see them on another channel?"

"We can put links to the other channel on you Instagram and TikTok. But your fans are under 25 for the most part. They don't care about politics."

"They should."

"They should. But they don't. You don't want them receiving a notification for boring off-topic crap."

Deborah acquiests and starts a DSG Current Events channel for off-topic crap.

The next week, she starts looking for a freelance news reporter looking to work for her new channel. It's really not her line of expertise so outsourcing it makes sense. She can do on camera interviews. But the legwork is not for her or her existing staff. She hopes to find someone qualified and in the right headspace for the position.

The next week is spent interviewing people for this position. (OOC: Should I just invent someone or do you want to, GM?)

And that's how Deborah Stetson Gold's fashion empire moved into the news business.
Also, in the wake of the recent US Midterm Elections, Becca's assumption here? Absolutely hilarious how wrong it is. Just... wow, voter-turnout among young people was absolutely massive. Politics may be a touchy subject for people, but if IRL was any indication, it was definitely something her fans under-25 would care about. Easy to see why she'd get that wrong, though, based on how mainstream media looks at things, but wow, is this hilarious in hindsight. :lol:
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

kenmadragon wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:28 pm
I was under the impression that Khemis has been writing a journalistic blog in her free time? I assumed it would have been obvious from that, given Sunny reads it on occasion.
Does she now?👀
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Shadowmask wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:37 pm Does she now?👀
It's only been in her character background since day 1! But it is hosted somewhere safe from takedown attempts in case Helen was getting any ideas!
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kenmadragon wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:28 pm I was under the impression that Khemis has been writing a journalistic blog in her free time? I assumed it would have been obvious from that, given Sunny reads it on occasion.
True. That would certainly reveal her journalistic skills, but not that she's only a student at the moment; even as a student she writes at a professional level.
kenmadragon wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:28 pm Reminder: Sunny wasn't the most social of people before the Sunstorm (and still kinda isn't). A text "once or twice a day" for someone whose prior experience was "once or twice a week... or month" feels like a lot.
OK. Fair point!