Re: [MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Don't chase the Sunstormers, Helen!

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/22/11066542 ... le-on-foot

:D
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

She'll keep that in mind next time someone yells for assistance such as a purse snatching or an attempted kidnapping.😒
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sounds like that would not be an excuse:
... officers may give chase if they believe a person is committing or is about to commit a felony, a Class A misdemeanor such as domestic battery, or a serious traffic offense that could risk injuring others, such as drunken driving or street racing.

Officers won't be allowed to chase people on foot if they suspect them of minor offenses such as parking violations, driving on suspended licenses or drinking alcohol in public. But they will still have discretion to chase people who they've determined are committing or about to commit crimes that post "an obvious threat to any person."

Perhaps most significantly, the policy makes clear that the days of officers giving chase just because someone tries to avoid them are over.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

As a side note, Helen does have a FB account though mostly its used for musing about astrology stuff.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kenmadragon wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:01 am "Hello Khemis," Sunny had greeted with a nod when the ink-black woman had walked in and taken off the veil of the burqa. Considering she hadn't worn one earlier, he wondered if that was what Khemis considered an adequate disguise. It seemed just as eye-catching considering the neighborhood, but Sunny said nothing as it wasn't his place.
Disguising herself is definitely a problem for Khemis! Given her appearance, clothing that shows any part of her skin will make it immediately obvious that she's a Sunstormer. A fully covering burqa is a socially acceptable form of clothing she can wear in public and avoid that. Though as you say, it's not without its own problems!

The only other thing I can think of is a full motorcycle helmet and motorbike leathers. But Khemis would not be keen on that, and dressing like that might cause even more problems than the burqa...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Obviously Khemis just needs to become a furry! Full-body costume options abound!

:lol:
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

She shall give your suggestion all the consideration it deserves... 😁
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Ok, now I'm speechless!
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I am on vacation from tomorrow through July 4. I should have access most of the time, but my schedule will be a bit unpredictable (lots of moving around, instead of our usual "go to a place and stay" pattern).
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

;)
The Sunstorm was magnitudes more powerful than what is being predicted here :) Still, we ought to watch out for sudden outbursts of superpowers.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I think we've hogged the spotlight and dragged out the first day enough, right?
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Well, if the world will keep bombarding us with interesting situations that need to be investigated and dealt with we can hardly be blamed for rising to the occasion...