Aberrant RPG Characters in M&M 3e (Caestus Pax, Randel 'Fireman' Portman)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Harnos

Aberrant RPG Characters in M&M 3e (Caestus Pax, Randel 'Fireman' Portman)

Post by Harnos »

I decided to make some builds from the Aberant. For those who don’t know, it is a capepunk superhuman rpg created and published by White Wolf in 1999. The setting has a supers meet real world theme and revolves around superhumans and how they effect the world. In 1998, superhuman mutants (called novas) begin to appear “in public” and setting start at ten years after.The game is a prequel to Trinity and sequel to Adventure.

A Small Review

I think they did a good job with enough detail and realism. The parts about the world and in-universe dialogues were quite enjoyable and gave a good sense of immersion. Many cool NPCs inhabit the world. The setting successfully avoided Reed Richards is useless trope. It has a strong focus on celebrity culture; I guess it must be full of references for people who were youngsters in USA of the 90’s.

It has some really annoying downsides too. The metaplot is really stupid; some shadowy guys sterilize the novas for 10 years and not even the hyper-intelligent guys with microscopic vision can notice it. Hell, in one of those in-universe interviews a nova couple talk about failing to make children without a clue. Only the council of metahuman supremacists and the guy who terraformed the Ethiopia and solved the plastic pollution in oceans by his genius know it.

NPCs are meant to steal the spotlight and much more powerful than beginning level player characters. Some of them are clearly author’s\editor’s pets. The system is unbalanced. Mega-strength gives much more damage than mega-stamina or armor power of the same level can neutralize. They even had to give full ranks of force field to the setting’s most infamous stealthy and fast mercenary so he could stand a chance in a fight.

Giving “mana (aka quantum) points” to terraform-capable superhumans was a bad idea and made some character concepts less playable than others. I guess this idea came from Wild Cards. Authority and Stormwatch also have strongly influenced the game too. As a side note, it seems like Paragons book is heavily influenced by the setting and the book cites the Aberrant among the source material.

Overall, the game offered me some enjoyable material to read and good ideas.

Character Building Notes

There are few things to consider before building any characters. Power level is first among them. There are some contradicting points in this subject.

Capepunk and iron age settings generally have lower power levels than say standart Marvel and DC, but peak superhumans in Aberrant are in “world protector” class. Some stories in the books demonstrate extreme levels of power. For example, the second most powerful nova his stated to have enough power to affect cities and hit targets from orbit.The most powerful one “really easily” beat the second. I mean, he was impervious to second’s most powerful attack. They described the scene as “not a hair out place”.

There are powerful novas in the future of the universe too. One has destroyed Mexico City with an earthquake, another destroyed the psuedo-internet permanently. A guy exploded and turned American Midwest into a wasteland. If I remember correctly, there was a guy in Trinity who flooded Florida.

On the other hand, it is written in more than one book that only %5-10 of novas are bulletproof. But majority of the named NPCs clearly can fight with superheroes and they are the ones I’ve built.

Also, at first I thought power levels were low because of the lifting numbers given for mega-strength scores. 100 ton base lift at mega-strength 5 is the maximum level. They were based on Marvel’s Class 100 idea obviously. However, both other game rules (Lifter enhancement and Node background) and story-telling contradicts that. So I will not directly convert this class-100 scale and give characters much higher strength and lifting scores.By the way, did people believe that tanks weighted few tons or battleships weighted 100 tons in 20th century?

Here is an overall scale in my mind. Though I didn't test it with builds.

Mega-Attribute
1 dot: Barely Superhuman. 7-8 ranks of ability or effect. (6-7 for Str)
2 dots: Low superhuman. 9 ranks of ability or effect.
3 dots: Medium superhuman 10-12 ranks of ability or effect.
4 dots: High Superhuman. 13-14 ranks of ability or effect.
5 dots: Very High Superhuman 15-16 ranks of ability or effect.

I may use 18-19 ranks for Quantum 6+ characters.

Anyways majority of the characters will be at same power level range as standart comic book heroes, in the PL 8-12 range. However, they will cost insane amounts of power points. Most stated NPCs are multi-talented with superhuman ability scores in multiple divisions. It is a rare nova NPC who is just super-strong and super-tough. Most likely, he has mega-dexterity and mega-charisma or intelligence too, with some extra powers.They are swiss-knives compared to standart PC builds. Choosing 20 power points per level as a base would be more accurate I guess. And some like Divis Mal and Totentanz will cost much more.

I will not convert mega-attributes as enhanced abilities. It is better to add them directly to abilities chapter. If I’m not mistaken, mega-attributes are harder to nullify in Aberrant system than other powers. Also, it will be easier and more practical. I don’t want to write “mega ….” too many times either. Many mega-attribute enhancements can be converted as advantages and high skill ranks too. Agility and dexterity will be determined by character’s ranged or melee fighting style.I will mostly ignore quantum points. I really hate the concept. Conversion of other powers will not be based on definite numeric values either, because powers like telekinesis would need to have low ranks.

I like Teragen (metahuman supremacists) and elites (the nickname for mercenaries) more, so I will start with them.
Last edited by Harnos on Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hoid

Re: Aberrant RPG Characters in M&M 3e

Post by Hoid »

Stating a few characters ought to be...interesting, to say the least. (I’m looking at you, Divis Mal.)
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Totentanz PL 13 (357)
Strength 9, Stamina 8, Fighting 14
Intellect 6, Agility 15, Dexterity 9
Awareness 10, Presence 3

Powers:

Rapid Strike: Multiattack on Strength Damage 12, Enhanced Advantage: Improved Initiative 5 (17)
Quantum Leap: Leaping 13, AE: Speed 13 (14)
Adaptability: Immunity 10, Life Support (10)
Bloodhound&Blindsense: Senses 12 [Accute Scent 1, Extended 3, Tracking 1], [Ultra-hearing 1, Accute Hearing 2, Accurate 4] (12)
Force Field: Protection 2,Sustained, Impervious Toughness 10 (12)
Psychic Shield: Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (20)
Invisibility: Concealment 4, Passive (All visual senses) (4)

Quantum Leech: Nullify 10, Broad, Sustained [40 pp array] (42)
  • Disorient; Affliction 10, Perception Ranged, Cumulative [Resisted and Overcome by Will, Attacks Impaired, Attacks Disabled, Paralyzed]
  • Healing 13, Stabilize
Spears: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical 2, Reach 1, Feature 1 (There are two of them) , Easily Removable (5)

Skills: 64 Ranks
Acrobatics 5/20
Athletics 8/17
Close Combat: Unarmed 1/15
Deception
Expertise: Soldier 8/14
Insight 2/12
Intimidation 15/18
Investigation 2/8
Perception 6/16
Persuasion
Ranged Combat
Sleight of Hand 2/11
Stealth 7/22
Technology 2/8
Treatment 2/8
Vehicles 4/13

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3, All-out Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit 6 ( Ambidexterity,Wealth 3, DeVries Clearance)
Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Equipment 5, Evasion 1, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Instant Up
Languages 2(German base, English, Afrikaaner), Move by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Takedown 2

Defenses:

Dodge 15 Parry 16 Toughness 10
Fortitude 10 Will 12 (8 without force field)

Offense:
Initiative 35
Spears 14, Damage 12, Critical at 18-20
Unarmed 15, Damage 9
Quantum Leech 12, Nullify 10
Disorient -, Perception Ranged Affliction 10
Firearms 12, Damage varies

Total point cost: Abilities 148 + Defenses 6 + Powers 138 +Advantages 32 + Skills 32 = 357 pp

Complications:
Motivation(Thrill): Battle is the only thing that helps him to quell his rage.
Fame: He is the most infamous superhuman mercenary with over four dozen metahuman kills.
Enemy: He killed countless baseline soldiers, officers, novas and politicians.
Hatred: People living a hedonistic lifestyle and are too fond of earthly pleasures.
Obsession: His training and success in battle are the things that take most of his time.

Totentanz is the most feared soldier and assassin in the world of Aberrant. He has over 50 nova heads on his belt, double of his closest rival. His toys and figures are among the most sold out of all nova products. An eight figure payment is necessary to hire his services, but the outcomes always meet the expectations.

Klaus Kleisner was once a happy engineer in Germany. A beautiful American woman entered his life and he soon fall for her. But she always showed some aloofness and stated "she wasn’t dating”, even though they lived together for months. After catching so many of her lies, he finally asked her if she cheated on her. She openly admitted to sleeping with four men in the last few months amd began to spill forth the details. In terrible agony, Klaus began to vomit. In that moment, he erupted into a nova and raised walls around his emotions. From that moment on, he became a senseless, remorseless killing machine full of rage, only bloodlust and ascetic discipline of a warrior-monk left in his life.

His appearance is unapologetically 90’s style dark and edgy, I totally love it. A seven foot tall, muscular psychopath wearing only a pant and boots with a golden skull on his face would be really unsettling and frightening,reminding everyone a monster he is.

I think PL 13 is a suitable fit for the most feared and accomplished soldier in the world, a notch below the world-shakers but superior to everyone else. Deathstroke is at this level too, so it fits quite well i think. He reaches most of his power caps, he can modify his attacks very well and he can push the limits with his speed and stealth. Originally he didn’t have hyperspeed, only leaping, but this didn’t sit well with me considering his concept and description.I gave him passive invisibility because he is seen fighting and his speed can make up for it.

He doesn’t have an visible weakness with his immunities and force field enhanced toughness. He is effective against both single superhumans and groups with multiattack, competent at both range and melee. His quantum powers array gives him a really broad offensive and utility capacity. Extreme point cost is as expected,since he is a master of combat and military skills with a wide array of powers and superhuman abilities. He would handle a group of superhumans alone so I hope I could use him as an enemy in my never-happening future games.
Last edited by Harnos on Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Hoid wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:20 pm Stating a few characters ought to be...interesting, to say the least. (I’m looking at you, Divis Mal.)
All abilities at the moderate superhuman category at least.
Ability to take powers away from even the strongest novas.
Limited or full immunity to toughness saves.
Plasma powers capable of affecting continents and destroying targets from orbit.
Developing new powers with some practise.

Well, someone will cost over 400. :)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

if you want material for conversions ive got a boat load on my Showdown at the litterbox thread feel free to take a swing at them
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:13 pm if you want material for conversions ive got a boat load on my Showdown at the litterbox thread feel free to take a swing at them
Oh thanks. I will certainly look.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Geryon PL 12 (216)

Strength 9/13, Stamina 10/14, Fighting 11
Intellect 2, Agility 8, Dexterity 3
Awareness 4, Presence 2

POWERS:
Huge Monster: Growth 4, Permanent ( +4 Str, +4 Sta, 4 Mass,+2 to Intimidation, -4 Stealth, -2 Dodge, -2 Parry, Large Size)
Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to Lifting (3200 tons) (12)
(All modifiers are included in respective chapters)
Resilient:
Immunity 7 (Environmental Effects,Disease, Poison) (20)
Protection 1, Impervious Toughness 12
Nimble Giant: Enhanced Advantages: Improved Initiative 2 (10)
Speed 1, Leaping 7
Strength Enhancements: : Alternate Effects of Strength Damage [13 pp array] (2 pp)
  • Ground Shockwave: Burst Area 2 Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned
    and Prone), Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to targets on the ground. (60 ft radius)
  • Thunderclap: Burst Area 1 Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired Hearing,
    Disabled Hearing, Auditory Unaware) Limited to One Sense

Minor Shapeshifting: Variable 2, Move Action, Limited to minor enhancements to his body (14 pp)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit 3 (Alternate Identity, Cipher, Teragen Leader), Connected
Chokehold, Fast grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown 2

Skills: 72 Ranks
Acrobatics 7/15
Athletics 7/20
Close Combat:
Deception 5/7
Expertise: Teragen Lore 10/12
Expertise: Terrorist 6/8
Insight 5/9
Intimidation 13/17
Investigation 6/8
Perception 8/12
Persuasion 2/4
Ranged Combat : Throwing 3/9
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 7 Parry 9 Toughness 15
Fortitude 14 Will 10 (Growth modifiers are all included here)

Offense:
Initiative 16
Unarmed 11, Damage 13
Throwing 9, Damage 13

Abilities 98 + Defenses 7 + Powers 58 + Advantages 17 + Skills 36 = 216 pp

Motivation (Loyalty): Geryon is a warrior dedicated to destroy the enemies of novas.
Prejudice: He is a eight foot tall monstrosity who killed politicians.
Fame: The most wanted terrorist in the world, responsible for various attacks including the murder of a mayor of Tampa.
Enemies: Project Utopia, Directive, Interpol and various governments.
Hatred: Anyone who is against superhuman supremacy.
Identity: Geryon has a baseline human form in which he has no powers. His physical stats in this form are Str 1, Sta 2, Agi 2, Dex 2, Fgt 5.

Geryon is a one of the Teragen leaders, the metahuman nationalists of the world. He is a passionate and violent revolutionary, making guerilla attacks against people and organizations who work against novas. His most infamous act is killing the mayor of Tampa, who passed legislations against personal rights of novas. He fought against Project Utopia's Team Tomorrow novas and many others. His deeds carried him to the top of the most wanted criminals list.

His inhuman nature explains why he is full of rage against the world and takes solace in his ideology. He became a force to be reckoned with but paid the price with a monstrous appearance. The Directive book stated that he must have a powerless human form since he can move undetected, even by the nova ability to detect quantum powers. This reduces his personal tradegy a little bit but acceptable. He won the lottery by gaining superpowers but using them costs his dearly. He is drawn sitting with others in his huge monster form in Teragen book, so İt can be said that he made peace with his new body.

He is a huge brute but not a cliche one. He is not slow, has superhuman dagility and developed an acrobatic fighting style. It is stated that he can hold his ground against four novas, so PL 12 seemed suitable. His most interesting power is shapechange which can grant him some beneficial adaptations such as developing gills to breathe underwater or transitioning into a quadruped form to move faster.
Last edited by Harnos on Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Leviathan PL 10 (258)

Strength 11, Stamina 13, Agility 6, Dexterity 1, Fighting 8
Intellect 2, Awareness 7, Presence 2

Powers:
Amphibian:
Immunity 3 (Drowning,Cold,High Pressure) (19 pp)
Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic, Slithering)
Swim 9 (1/2 mile, 250 mph) AE: Leaping 8 (1800 ft), Speed 3 (250ft)
Four-armed Giant:
Growth 4, Permanent, Innate ( +4 Str, +4 Sta, 4 Mass,+2 to Intimidation, -4 Stealth, -2 Dodge, -2 Parry, Large Size)
Extra Limbs 5 [Tail, 4 Arms], Enhanced Advantages: Benefit (Ambidexterity), Fast Grab (16 pp)
Claws and Bite: Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Critical 1 (2)
Scaly Hide: Protection 1, Impervious Toughness 12 (13)

Reptilian Regeneration:
Immunity 2, (Disease, Poison) (25)
Enhanced Advantage: Diehard, Great Endurance
Regeneration 10, Enhanced Regeneration 5, Persistent
Feature 1; Regrowth of Limbs and Organs

Bestial Senses:
Senses 8 (10)
Scent: Acute 1, Extended Range 3,Tracking 1
Heat-Sensing: Infravision 1, Radius 1, Tracking 1, Extended Range 1
Danger Sense

Toxin Coated Skin: Affliction 9, Cumulative, Reaction (When Touched), (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Hindered, Immobile, Paralyzed) (45)
Advantages:
Benefit (Ambidexterity)
Fast Grab
Improved Grab
Diehard
Great Endurance

All-out Attack
Benefit (Teragen Leader)
Connected
Improved Initiative 2
Favored Environment: Aquatic
Move by Action
Prone Fighting
Takedown 2
Uncanny Dodge

Skills: 58 Ranks
Acrobatics 6/12
Athletics 4/16
Close Combat:
Deception
Expertise: Teragen Lore 8/10
Expertise: Terrorist 7/9
Insight 2/9
Intimidation 10/14
Investigation
Perception 7/14
Persuasion 3/5
Ranged Combat: Throwing 6
Sleight of Hand
Stealth 6/8
Technology
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Toughness 14
Fortitude 13, Will 7

Offense: Initiative 14
Claws and Bite 8 , Damage 12, Critical Range 19-20
Throwing 7, Damage 11
Toxin Coated Skin, Reaction Affliction 9

Abilities 86 + Defenses 2 + Powers 130 +Advantages 11 +Skills 29 = 258 pp

Motivation (Acceptance): He was cast out of society when he was only a teen and he wants to belong to a society which accepts him.
Prejudice: He is a ten foot tall, six-armed reptillian monster.
Hatred: He hates the baseline humans and their society because of his mistreatment.
Enemies: He has joined terrorist activities of Nova Vigilance.

Leviathan is a tragic figure. He was only 14 when his physical transformation began. His mother, a radical catholic, superhumans were work of Satan. She tried to cure his son by isolating him in his room, forcing him into religious practice, blaming him for being evil and punishing him. Finally, she set their house on fire to get rid of him but his inhuman strength allowed him to escape and take refugee in Venice canals. He made them his home ever since.

He is a prominent member of Harvesters, freakish novas who believe they can harness the power of taint, the radiation which created their mutations and mental problems. He is an active warrior, joining Geryon in his attacks.

Leviathan is ten foot tall, has six-arms, a tail and reptilian scales. He is amphibian, strong enough to lift a tank and quite durable. Leviathan’s bestial senses allow him scent and a 360 degree infravision. His astounding regeneration speed and toxic mucus covering his skin makes him more dangerous than a standart PL 10 brawler. He is not a multi-talented skill-monkey, but his toxic skin, regeneration, superhuman perception and size defying athleticism makes him an expensive build.
Last edited by Harnos on Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Apostle PL 10 (191)

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Fighting 6, Agility 5, Dexterity 4
Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 4/14

Powers:
Nova Metabolism: Immunity 4, (Disease, Poison,Aging, Sleep), All limited to half effect (2pp)
Superhuman Charisma:
Enhanced Presence 10 (21)
  • Angelic Voice; Affliction 10, Perception Ranged, Sense-Dependent Cumulative, Limited to two degrees
    (Resisted and Overcome by Will, Entranced, Compelled), Subtle

Charming Pheromones: [53 pp Array] (56)
  • Affliction 10, Reach 1, Reaction (When 5ft nearby), Cumulative, Subtle, Insidious
    (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Entranced, Compelled, Controlled)
  • Enslaving Touch: Affliction 10, Cumulative, Subtle, Insidious
    Continuous Duration (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Entranced, Compelled, Controlled)

• Grip of Terror: Affliction 10, Subtle, Cumulative, Continous Duration (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired Will, Stunned, Incapacitated)
  • Killing Touch: Damage 10, Alternate Resistance Fortitude, Linked to Weaken Stamina 10, Progressive

Levitation: Flight 2, Subtle (8 mph) (5)
Aura Reading: Senses 3; Detect 2 (Emotional State) visual and mental, Acute 1, Enhanced Skill: Insight 10 (8)

Advantages: 15
Attractive 2
Benefit 2 (Teragen Leader, Wealth 1)
Connected
Contacts
Defensive Roll 1 (Grants +2 toughness as a house rule)
Daze: Deception
Fascinate:Persuasion
Languages (French, English)
Skill Mastery: Persuasion
Skill Mastery: Deception
Taunt
Ultimate Effort 2 ( Persuasion, Deception)

Skills: 36 Ranks
Acrobatics 1/5
Athletics 2/4
Close Combat:
Deception 6/20
Expertise: Theology 7/9
Expertise: Teragen Lore 9/11
Insight 3/16 (+3 Awareness, +10 Enhanced Skill)
Intimidation
Investigation
Perception
Persuasion 6/20
Ranged Combat
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology
Treatment
Vehicles

Abilities 60 + Defenses 6 + Powers 92 + Advantages 15 + Skills 18 = 191 pp

Motivation-Acceptance: Marcel always needs guidance and approval from a figure he deems powerful and worthy.
Motivation (Greed): Apostle has a power-hungry and fickle nature and can betray his mentors when they show weakness.
Enemy: Apostle has rivalries with other Teragen leaders along with enemies of Teragen.

Marcel Delorimier was a poor french guy in his late 20’s till his eruption. He was a radical nationalist and his ideals turned into superhuman supremacy after his transformation.Despite being one of the most charming and charismatic men on the planet, he is quite weak-willed, can’t take the the initiave by himself and constantly needs a leader figure in his life. Worse, he betrayed one of his ex-leaders in her moment of weakness and sold her out to enemies while she was in a cacoon-like defenseless state. He is planning to backstab his second ex-mentor too. His new leader is now Divis Mal, leader of Teragen. Marcel is a prominent member of Cult of Mal, people who see Divis Mal as the ultimate messiah.

He is a man in his late thirties but looks a decade younger. Marcel is incredibly handsome, has a soothing voice and his athletic body is like of an athlete.

His charm is incredible, making him stand out even among other inhumanly charismatic individuals. Apostle can give verbal commands to people and many will fall under his impression.Also, he can secrete pheromones into air like a halo around his body or inject them into someone with micro-needles in his hands. The most common of his secretions can make people his willing slaves, cause uncontrollable panic and even kill them outright.
Last edited by Harnos on Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Divis Mal Pl 16 (477)

Abilities:

STRENGTH 13, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 8, FIGHTING 10, DEXTERITY 8

INTELLIGENCE 10, AWARENESS 12, PRESENCE 15

Powers:

Godly Charisma: Alternate Effects of Presence [15 points array] (2pp)
  • Commanding Voice; Affliction 12, Perception Ranged, Limited to Two Degrees, Sense-Dependent (Hearing), (Resisted and Overcome by Will, Entranced\Compelled)
  • Inspiration; Enhanced Advantages 6 (Leadership, Inspire 5)
Mega-Perception: Senses 23: [Infravision 1, Ultravision 1, Extended Vision 3 Vision Penetrating Concealment 4, Microscopic Vision 4], [Detect 2 (Quantum Energy), Extended Range 3, Radius 1, Acute1, Analytic 1] (21pp)

Invulnerability: Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging), Impervious Toughness 16, Immunity 80 ( Toughness Effects, Limited to Half Effect), Regeneration 2, Persistent, Feature 1:Regrowth, Enhanced Advantage: Diehard (73)

Mega-Dexterity: Enhanced Advantages (Improved Initiative 3, Accurate Attack), Quickness 4 (8)

Hypermovement: Flight 10, Subtle, Aquatic (22)

Quantum Supremacy: [75 points array]
  • Neutralize Quantum Powers: Nullify 18, Broad (All Quantum Powers), Concentration, Simultaneous, Extended Range 2, Precise (75 pp)
  • Quantum Leech: Weaken Powers 18, Ranged, Broad (All Quantum Powers), Simultaneous, Precise, Extended Range 2
  • Shut Down M-R Node: Affliction 15, Close Ranged, Cumulative, Continous Duration (Resisted and Overcome by Will, Impaired Powers, Disabled Powers, Transformed to Powerless State)
  • Plasma Bolt; Ranged Damage 21, Extended Range 3 (Dynamic)
  • Immolation: Reaction Damage 7 (Being Touched) (Dynamic)
  • Multiple Bolts: Ranged Damage 19, Extended Range 3, Accurate 1
  • Plasma Stream: Damage 15, Cone Area 4 (500 ft)
  • Supernova: Damage 12, Burst Area 7 (1800 ft), Distracting, Tiring, Feature 1 (Divis Mal can spend a move action to increase area rank by 1)

Power Invention: Variable 4, Slow (24)

Advantages:

Attractive 2

Accurate Attack

Beginner’s Luck

Benefit 3 (Teragen Leader)

Connected

Contacts

Diehard

Eidetic Memory

Extraordinary Effort

Fascinate: Persuasion

Improved Initiative 3

Inventor

Inspire 5

Jack of All Trades

Leadership

Languages 3

Luck 4

Move-by Action

Power Attack

Well-informed

Ultimate Effort (Toughness saves)

Skills: 64 ranks

Acrobatics 0/9

Athletics 0/15

Close Combat (Unarmed) 1/11

Deception 0/15

Expertise (Quantum Powers) 14/24

Expertise (Natural Sciences) 11/21

Expertise (Adventurer) 4/14

Insight 2/14

Intimidation 6/21

Investigation 2/12

Perception 2/14

Persuasion 7/22

Ranged Combat (Quantum Powers) 3/11

Sleight of Hand

Stealth 0/8

Technology 8/18

Treatment 4/14

Vehicles

Defenses:

Dodge 10, Parry 10, Toughness 15 (Limited Immunity)

Fortitude 15, Will 17

Offense:

Initiative +20

Unarmed 11 ( 13 Damage)

Plasma Bolt 11 (21 Damage)

Quantum Supremacy 11 (Varies)

Abilities 182 + Defenses 7 + Powers 232+ Advantages 24 + Skills 32= 477 pp

Motivation (Acceptance): Divis Mal lived a century of loneliness and now desires the company of his equals.

Motivation (Loyalty): Mal sees novas as children and feels responsible for them, even the ones who oppose him.

Unearthly Beauty: His features are too perfect and his otherworldy handsomeness may provoke envy or mistrust in others.

Fame: He is the poster boy as well as leader of Teragen.

Enemy: Project Utopia, Directive, nearly all governments and any person or group who would want the most famous metahuman supremacist down.

Divis Mal is an interesting character, despite being a huge Mary Sue author's pet.The loneliness he has experienced is epic in scale. He was a gay guy in early 20th century, then became a superhuman along with a handful of people in 1922. After years of adventure, he was exiled by his fellow supermen. Worse, a the other metamen grew old, retired and died, he spent nearly half a century as the only metahuman in the world with no one like him, no one to understand him and share his burden. So it is not a surprise that he started the eruptions of other novas by generating quantum radiation via his powers alone.

He is the settings literal god. He defeated the second most powerful nova in the world effortlessly and without suffering any injury. Micheal Donighal became a full-fledged superhuman in 1922 while most other people involved in Hammersmith accident became just more talented human beings. He had nearly a century to improve his powers too. So Divis Mal is Zeus in world of demigods, the all powerful skyfather. His powers (other than superhuman ability scores) are centered on plasma control and the ability to neutralize the powers of others. Divis Mal used the latter to turn Caestus Pax (the 2nd most powerful nova) into a powerless human being for weeks.
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

One request... please, pretty please with a cherry on top, can you make stats for Jennifer Landers?
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

marcoasalazarm wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:43 pm One request... please, pretty please with a cherry on top, can you make stats for Jennifer Landers?
Of course friend, I will do it. I just need to look for the description of her murder. If I recall correctly she had low level mega-stamina in addition to teleportation, I will check for it.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Harnos wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:09 am
marcoasalazarm wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:43 pm One request... please, pretty please with a cherry on top, can you make stats for Jennifer Landers?
Of course friend, I will do it. I just need to look for the description of her murder. If I recall correctly she had low level mega-stamina in addition to teleportation, I will check for it.
Stats for an alternate universe version of Slider is presented in the current Trinity Continuum; Aberrant rulebook, I believe. That might be useful.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

She doesnt have stats but she is in there I do have her statted up for the original Abberant ill post the ones i have soon
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Jennifer "Slider" Landers PL 10

Abilities:

STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 6, FIGHTING 7, DEXTERITY 3

INTELLIGENCE 4, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 6

Powers:

Defensive Displacement: Enhanced Parry 3, Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Advantages; Evasion 2, all linked to Teleport 2, Free Action, Turnabout, Change Direction, Change Velocity (20pp)

Warp Space: [76 pp array] (83pp)
  • Teleport 14, Accurate, Extended, Easy, Increased Mass 5 (1600 lbs), Change Velocity (60 miles range-16.000 miles for extended teleport
  • Portal: Teleport 14, Accurate, Portal, Feature 1 (10 ft wide portal), (60 miles range)
  • Redirect Attacks: Deflect 10, Reflect, Redirect (Dynamic)
  • Small-range Movement: Teleport 10, Accurate, Change Velocity, Change Direction, Turnabout, Increased Mass 3 (400 lbs) (4 miles range) (Dynamic)
  • Send Away: Teleport 11, Attack Only, Accurate, Increased Mass 5 (1600 lbs), Change Velocity, Change Direction (Dynamic)

World’s Sweetheart: Enhanced Advantages; Disarming 7, Fascinate (Persuasion) (8pp)

Advantages:

Agile Feint, Attractive, Benefit 5 (Millionnaire, Team Tomorrow Member),Connected, Disarming 7, Evasion 2, Fascinate,Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative 1, Set-Up, Teamwork

Skills: 60 Ranks

Acrobatics 8/14, Athletics 6/8 , Close Combat, Deception, Expertise (Current Events) 7/11, Expertise (Quantum Powers) 5/9, Insight 8/16, Intimidation, Investigation 8/12, Perception 7/15, Persuasion 9/15, Ranged Combat, Sleight of Hand, Stealth 2/8, Technology, Treatment, Vehicles

Defenses:

Dodge 12, Parry 10, Toughness 8

Fortitude 8, Will 12

Offense:

Initiative 10
Unarmed 7 (2 Damage)
Teleport Attack 7 (Teleportation with 8 miles range, DC 21)

Abilities 88 + Defenses 4 + Powers 111 + Advantages 12 + Skills 30= 245 pp

Motivation (Truth and Justice): Jennifer unearthed the secret of Project Proteus, a conspiracy within Project Utopia which has sterilized novas for a decade and paid the price with her life.
Fame: She was a prominent member of Team Tomorrow and loved by many, nicknamed “World’s Sweetheart”.
Enemy: Project Proteus caught her attempt to reveal the truth and sent their killer Chiraben to murder her.

Jennifer "Slider" Landers was a member of Team Tomorrow since earlier days of Project Utopia. She was quite beautiful (unfortunately her drawings don't reflect that) and lovely in character, so she was dubbed "World's Sweetheart". Even a problematic bad boy like Andre Corbin loved her as a friend and respected her. Unfortunately, she stumbled upon the evidence of a dark conspiracy bent on slaving and sterilising novas, called Project Proteus. She told what she discovered to Andre. However, Proteus members learned her activities and Chiraben was sent to kill her, which he successfully did.

There is no official stats for her. She was Team Tomorrow's teleporter, so I gave her a global range, although she may not teleport anywhere on earth in one round, she is quite close to that and can push her limits with extraordinary effort. I remember a dialogue about her being tough and her murderer must have super-strength, which Whitewolf Wiki confirms, so I gave her low-level superhuman durability. I think PL 10 suits a prominent but not powerful member of Team Tomorrow. She doesn't reach her limit on offense, but her teleportation can remove enemies from the fight quickly. Agile Feint and Set-Up combo makes her a useful ally for heavy hitter allies like Caestus Pax.