AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark, Kodiak, Madame Macabre

Dr Jeste sighs. "Unfortunately, they have already recognized that benefit."

"Perhaps you alien friend can look into the escrow account and prove it is 'smoke and mirrors.' If proof is dropped in the right channels, it would at least get the more serious thieves out of the mix."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"I guess the police releasing a statement saying they are aware of the potential thefts, that the objects are worthless and also asked us to provide security could put them off or send a message that they may have some value?" Kodiac mused out loud, it seemed they were going to have to deal with a non-event while the real threat continued undetected.

"Is there anything you can tell us about this Priestess, name what she looks like, where she came from, anything could be of use."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
HP: 2
CND: Smooth

"Seems like no one thinks these items are worth much of anything. Still, I'd suggest security stay on alert and we'll do the super cop thing as the Professor called up. If you need anything feel free to give a ring.", says Cody giving the man his business card. It wasn't standard issue one given to all Aegis. he connived his way into getting professional business man looking ones.

He headed back out to the car to join up with the others.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

Evelyn waits for Dr. Jeste to provide the information on the accounts, and if need be provided a verbal nudge for him to do so. Her lips formed into a thin line and her and her eyelids tightened a little when no useful information was provided, but she didn't comment. Then while Kodiac keeps him talking Evelyn finally responds to Cody. She lowers her voice to prevent it from clashing with the ongoing conversation.

"Continue to the other museums and alert their security. Do it in person and inform [insert museum name]'s people that we spotted people tampering with electrical systems. Don't bother with subtly anymore. Ask the police to have officers stake out each of the museums."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Dr Jeste shakes his head. "Hash is handling the whole job thing. He seems to be quite entertained by the whole thing. Says there is even a surprise for anyone who tries to claim the money."

"The woman was olive complexion and dark hair. Someone said her name was Rebecca, and from our few interactions, I detected a Greek accent. Other than that, I don't know."

"As for the police, saying their worthless would be meaningless. There is an offer of $1 million for each one."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody Jones

"Again, I ask, what's the plan?" Meadows says following after Cody.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine

When Cody gets to the car Silver Phoenix is there waiting for him.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

"The plan is stay on alert. If anything happens or looks suspcious in the security cams, let us know. My advise if these things aren't valuable, let them be stolen and call us when it starts. Not worth getting into a fight against well trained fighters for you guys.", simply responds Cody.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

Elizabeth is quiet while the conversation goes on between Kodiak, Bulwark, and Jeste. Who could be powerful enough to perform this rite? This is magic well beyond even seasoned conjurers.
OOC: Given the scant information offered by Dr. Jeste regarding the identity of the priestess, could Elizabeth narrow down a few possible figures who have high renown within the "mystic community"?
Finally after a few moments in thought, Elizabeth finally speaks. "You have informed us of this ominous plot, which is admirable. For the sake of of this whole plane of existence, would you be able to find out this priestess' location, perhaps even leading us to her?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

She gave Jeste a dubious look when he told them that the priestess was Greek and her name might be Rebecca. Right after telling them about an escrow account, but was then unable to give them the actual account. There could be millions of Greek women named Rebecca.

"A Greek woman named Rebecca. An escrow account in a sea of possibilities. Neither of those insights are actionable."

There was the unspoken accusation that Jeste was giving them things to waste time and divide their attention on without actually saying the words. When Madame Macabre asked for help locating the priestess Evelyn offered a follow up question to support her teammate's inquery.

"Do you even have a picture of her?"

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

"Picture, no. I have only seen her clearly once and didn't know who she was at the time. Now she is actively avoiding me."

He pours himself some more tea. "Czarina sees me as a rival for leadership, and she doesn't want me taking any credit for this." He rolls his eyes at the thought. "So she is keeping me as far away from the details as she can. Officially, I am supposed to be keeping you busy with the museum thefts. I may be able to tell more as we get closer to the event, since they will be moving resources and security. I don't know if they plan to use any of my new Juggernauts. The woman abhors science and technology, but personnel is limited so they may have no choice but to use them for security."

"If they do, they will need me to prep them, and I can track them anywhere. But it will likely be last minute, so I don't know how much notice I will be able to give you."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody and Silver Phoenix

The two make their way to the third museum.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

She listened to what Dr. Jeste had to say. Intent on listening rather than acting. Evelyn didn't appear satisfied with what she was hearing. The woman didn't try to press for what wasn't there though.

"We will need a means of getting in contact when you do have more information. Something quicker than a clue hunt."

Evelyn seemed to be ready to wrap the introductory meeting up. Rather than do so abruptly, she looked to Madame Macabre, then Kodiac. Checking to see if they had anything further to contribute before they left the villain to act as their temporary mole in the Horde.

OOC wrote:
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine

After she parked the car, Harper pauses. "Let's see how the others are doing before we head in." She says to Cody.

Harper activates her commlink and tries to get in touch with the team leader. "Bulwark? Cody and I are at the third museum, should we go on with checking it out or do you want us doing something else?"

Harper felt a bit bad bothering the other woman, but Bulwark tended to be a hands on kind of leader and between the fact there'd been nothing suspicious at the last museum, Cody's information that the items in question being perhaps a decoy of some kind, the meeting that required Bulwark's presence and they'd not heard from her, or the rest of the team, yet made her feel like it was a good idea to check in.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

Just like Bulwark, Elizabeth feels unsatisfied too. The pale young woman scrutinizes Jeste as she addresses him with her typical Louisiana accent, "This is a dangerous thing you've done, Doctor, contacting us like this. What would your partners-in-crime think? Unless, of course, an ambush or some such treachery is your ultimate goal. What kind of insurance do we have that you will not betray us?"