AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy

OOC wrote:Earlier Evelyn had the military book put away as part of Harry's idea that they needed to put the books away in order to move on. She grabbed a random book on the shelf to read for Luke's plan. I went to a random book generator site and the result was: "Brideshead Revisited: The Sacred and Profane Memories of Captain Charles".

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[10] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 0 Condition: Normal

Harry reads the history book from earlier.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine
HP: 0

Harper walked a short distance down an aisle of books when a title caught her attention - The Honorable Musings of Chun the Great.

The young woman remembered that Chun the Great had been a master at the Temple, as he had managed to master three of the seven styles (a feat never repeated since) who then created a new martial style then left the Temple to find students for his new style. Intrigued, Harper pulled the book from the shelf and opened the book at a random spot. What she found surprised her - Chun had been a competitor in a previous Gathering and had written down his experiences. The martial artist quickly discovered that there was much more to that tournament than had been told to her originally.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

After about 30 minutes of reading, Bulwark notices the door has reappeared in its original location.

After reading the book about the Nexus, Zyzzak is able to ascertain that controlling it isn't about will, so much about the strength of one's personality and self-worth.
Zyzzak can make minor changes to the Nexus with a DC20 PRE check. Things like doors, shifting walls, or create a small area of "favored environment."

For reference, Drac and Devil Ray had been in here for a lot longer, that's why they had greater control.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND:
Senses: Radio Sense, Darkvision
EM I/O: X-Ray vision
Pattern Array: Comprehend languages.
Defensive: Deflective field
Wrist Emitters: Rocket thrusters

"Fellows," Zyzzak says over comms, "I've been studying a manual on the operation of this facility. It's a fascinating read. The crux seems to boil down to a strength of personality to modify the environs and even architecture. Though... I'm not sure I have the means to affect changes. If my people were particularly strong-minded in that area we probably wouldn't have been subjugated and conscripted by an intergalactic conqueror." he reports, a little morosely. "I recommend the book to any who wish to study it." he offers, holding up the indicated book.
Cool. All I'd have to do is roll 21 on a d20.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn, noting the door's appearance, closed the book in her hand and set it down on the table near here. She was poised to speak when Zyzzak spoke first. The woman remained silent, her head turning to look at the alien scientist as she shared his discovery. After he had finished Evelyn shook her head and rose to her feet. With one hand she gestured to the door that had apeared in the library.

"We have spent enough time here. There's the exit. Let's move."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[10] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

You go through the door and down a short hallway that ends into a kitchen and dining room area. As son as you enter, all the appliances start hopping on the counter in excitement.

And the door is gone.
No surprises here what is required. The kitchen will prepare most any meal for you. Please RP your request and eating the meal.

The food heals any damage and restores any Fatigue.

Sakura, since you regularly use HP to benefit others, you get an HP from eating here.

As noted, any books you attempt to remove from the library magically remain in the library.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Normal

Elizabeth can hardly hide her own excitement when she sees the appliances bounding up and down with energy. "Well hello there, dears.", she says with a smile. "Are you here to take my order?"

The pale necromancer looks over the extensive kitchen area and nods in approval. "I'm missing New Orleans. Do you guys, do Cajun?" After waiting for some sign to the affirmative from the utensils and appliances, Elizabeth doesn't hesitate to make a request. "I'd like to start with a bowl of Gumbo...moderate on the spices though. My tummy isn't tough enough to handle the hardcore stuff. And if you don't mind I'd like to have a nice plate of Jambalaya. I just can't seem to find any in Atlanta that tastes as good as home."

After ordering her food, she glances over at Bulwark. A sheepish grin comes across Elizabeth's face before questioning her team leader. "So...does my contract forbid cocktails while I'm officially 'on the clock''? I sure could go for a martini before dinner."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Appliances, bowls, pots, and pans begin rushing around chopping, cutting, and cooking food while a broom begins mixing a martini.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 0
CND: Ice Cold

"So, we doing this copy the path of hospitality that Medea took? Not the fastest way to get to someone who wants to become super powerful, but who I am to complain? Not like I can think of anything better.", remarks Luke. He was hungry and magic was completely outside of his area. So, unless someone spoke up otherwise, Luke would play along.

Thinking for a moment, he took a shoot. "A shrimp po' boy and a glass of Macallan Lallique 50 year old single malt would be nice.", asks Luke.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

More appliances start hopping around and cooking shrimp, and one brings out a drink that while is nice, is definitely not 50-year-old single malt.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3

They step out of a library and into a kitchen with appliances primed to prepare a meal. Evelyn's cheeks muscle flex a few times. Then hearing Elizabeth and Luke requesting intoxicants she turns her head to look at them. Her voice firm when she responds.

"No alcohol. We're still on mission."

Her steely gaze lingers on the pair a couple seconds before looking forward once more. As her head turns metal recedes from her hair, crawls down her face, and slithers down below the collar of his AEGIS uniform. Likewise the metal coating her hands climbs up to her wrists, disappearing under her uniform's sleeves.

"A salad please."

... the words weren't spoken as easily as Luke and Madame Macabre's request. There was a forced element to her tone. After making her request the AEGIS officer made her way to the diving room and took a seat at the table there.

OOC wrote:
Last edited by Sakuro on Sat May 28, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The broom that delivered the drinks salute at Bulwark's "No alcohol" order and promptly retrieves the drinks. Another broom comes around quickly with iced tea for everyone.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine

Following the example of the others, Harper takes a seat at the table and when it was clear it was her turn she gives her order. "Grilled hamburger, stuffed with mozzarella cheese, topped with American and Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato slices, and pickles, please." A small smile crosses her lips for a moment as she recalls memories of her dad cooking the same kind of food for many a Sunday night family dinner, it was one of few memories Harper had of her parents.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 0 Condition: Normal

Harry frowned.

In any ordinary situation he'd have been intrigued but this kitchen. It would have been interesting to see how they'd make recipes he knew to see how they made them differently, or perhaps even task them with a meal he remembered from back when he was a kid.

But they were on a mission. He didn't like heavy meals before a fight, and they were on a timeline. He needed something light and fast.

"Coffee, black, and a slice of toast with peanut butter, please," Harry says.