AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Oh," Zyzzak says. "I got just a peek at the magical algorithm's that govern the Sanctuary. Very interesting! Very complex! I think I might be able to recommend some improvements based on 5th dimensional tetra-hexatronic algorythms I've been developing." he looks between Seven and Sallah.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 1
XP: 3 pp
Cnd: Normal
"If there is nothing, we will send you back home."
""Thank you for the gift." Elizabeth nods and smiles. "I shall put it to good use. "There is just one more thing before we leave. If I or my team wished to contact you for any reason, how might we do that? You never know when you might need a little help these days."
OOC: How much for the Amulet? I can't remember if we specifically stated how many pps it would cost.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3
Cnd: Fatigued

Bulwark stands back while more personal exchanges are had with the two mystics. While this is going on she taps at her earbud comlink, testing the channels. Checking to see if she is able to get through to the AEGIS people in Freedom City. They were supposed to be in Freedom City now, right? When it is mentioned that the mystics would be sending them home once they were ready, Evelyn stops working at her comlink and speaks up.

"There was some trouble in Freedoms City. We need to get confirmation from the local AEGIS team that our work here at the Nexus has gone towards resolving that before we return to base. Otherwise, yes, we'll be good to go."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[14] - Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
[06] - Flight 7 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Bruised

Having nothing to contribute verbally, Harper let's the others talk while she quietly goes around to each of her teammates in turn inquiring if they had any injured they needed tended to. If anyone does she will use her chi manipulation to heal them.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:51 am "Oh," Zyzzak says. "I got just a peek at the magical algorithm's that govern the Sanctuary. Very interesting! Very complex! I think I might be able to recommend some improvements based on 5th dimensional tetra-hexatronic algorythms I've been developing." he looks between Seven and Sallah.
Seven and Sallah stare at Zyzzak like he is speaking another language.
Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:56 pm ""Thank you for the gift." Elizabeth nods and smiles. "I shall put it to good use. "There is just one more thing before we leave. If I or my team wished to contact you for any reason, how might we do that? You never know when you might need a little help these days."
"You can't," Seven says abruptly. "I can't communicate to your plane directly from where I am now, and Sallah has earned a vacation until the next Master Mage is chosen."
Sakuro wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:14 am "There was some trouble in Freedoms City. We need to get confirmation from the local AEGIS team that our work here at the Nexus has gone towards resolving that before we return to base. Otherwise, yes, we'll be good to go."
"Enough," Seven says. "Send them home."

Sallah looks like is about to protest when you all have the familiar experience of being picked up and spun around the room. Then you are all shot toward the door which opens just before you collide with it.

AEGIS Squad 2 HQ

Inside the entertainment room, Director Parrish watches a few technicians examine the door in the middle of the room. As one technician writes notes off to the side, another is attempting to penetrate the door with a high-tech drill. After ruining yet another drill bit, he shakes his head and walks away while Director Parrish grumbles under his breath.

He turns toward the couch and grumbles again. On the couch sits a man in a black tuxedo reading a magazine and sipping a cup of tea.

"Well?"

The man looks up from his magazine and gives Director Parrish a long, neutral look. He waves him off with a "Grrrr" and then moves close to the door and begins examining it closely. After several long moments, the tuxedo man calmly closes his magazine and sets it on the end table. He lifts his teacup and saucer and walks around the couch and stands next to the door.

Director Parrish stops his examination and looks at the man. "Well!?!"

The man in the tuxedo takes a long sip from his teacup which should have been empty long ago. Director Parrish begins shooting daggers from his eyes while the man simply sips his tea.

Finally, he places the teacup on the saucer in his other hand. In a flash, his free hand grab Director Parrish by the collar and pulls him out of the way moments before the door flies open, slamming hard against the couch. They watch as the members of AEGIS Squad, Region 2 come flying out.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

The AEGIS Captain's brow furrowed when Seven, a teenage girl, more or less dismissed her. She certainly didn't like that. Before any response could be mounted Evelyn was flying through the talking door. The Nexus was left behind as she was launched into the team's HQ. Without her usual metal platform under her to guide her path Evelyn's course and speed were out of her control. The metal clad would wound up slamming into a far wall. Fortunately, her protective armoring took the brunt of the impact.

Sensing the metal accessories that her teammates carried on their person come rocketing after her Evelyn took hold of them with her power and, manipulating those objects, endeavored to slow the flight of her companions so that they would avoid the harsh landing she had endured. Evelyn rose to her feet, even as she was setting her teammates down on the ground. Initially she looked to Madame Macabre.

"Our next security project is going to be the magical wards you proposed."

Then, looking around the common room she took in the people and equipment present. Her metal coated eyes settled on Director Parrish. With no obvious threats present she allowed the metal the flows down her head, and recede below her neckline.

"Director, has the situation in Freedom City been resolved? We were transported there, to Adrian Eldrich's holdings. The Nexus. The team dealt with some hostiles on site."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[14] - Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All
Sakuro wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:05 pm "Our next security project is going to be the magical wards you proposed."
The man in the tuxedo looks around the place. "She's done quite a good job, actually. Descent wards, definitely enough to keep the riffraff out. But this was the equivalent of a magical nuke," he says pointing to the door. "So, much wasn't going to stop this.

He turns to look at the door. "Okay, you're done now. Go home."

The door knocker shifts into a face. "HEY! I was looking for you. Where have you been?," it inquires, the accent restored to one from Freedom City.

"I was doing a show in a children's hospital," the man says plainly.

"Well that explains the get up."

"Yeah, the kids like it when I dress up. But you're done here, and you're messing with their wards. So take off."

"Yeah fine. You know they're not going to leave you alone now."

The man turns and looks at Elizabeth. "I think they have somebody else to play with now."

The door grumbles a bit and then vanishes.
Sakuro wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:05 pm"Director, has the situation in Freedom City been resolved? We were transported there, to Adrian Eldrich's holdings. The Nexus. The team dealt with some hostiles on site."
Director Parrish ignores the conversation between the man and the door.

"Yes, Squad 1 was able to deal with the villains who were still outside. They had everything wrapped up a little before all the villains inside popped out. I assume that was you?"

Some vocal buzzing comes from the commlink in his ear.

"What? The whole building?"

He nods a few more times.

"Looks like the whole Nexus thing just vanished. Empty lot, like nothing was ever there."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

"Thats how magical places work right? There one day, gone the next. Just ask that man in the tuxedo. He seems well acquainted with magical building things.", pipes up Luke. By this point, he was itching to get back to non magical things. While the others stood around, Diego went to make himself comfortable on the closest couch and put his feet up.

Looking at the director, Luke adds a bit more. "In that Nexus thing, they said they were going to make the Nexus go away until a new master mage or something was found. Maybe it was to make it more secure. The place was hospitable enough offering us books and food, but when it can send us back to WWII to fight world ending extra dimensional summoning bad guys I can see why they did what they did.", adds Luke.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Elizabeth picks herself up off the floor after being jettisoned through the door from the Nexus. "Well, that was certainly a more turbulent flight than I expected."

Looking around to make sure her whole team had arrived, she couldn't help but notice that the dimensional door had penetrated the wards. Powerful magic...I'll have to brush up on warding in the future. I can't imagine that Bulwark and Director Parrish will be happy with the thought of mystic portals popping up inside HQ.
"...They had everything wrapped up a little before all the villains inside popped out. I assume that was you?"
Elizabeth, curious to know if everyone had been apprehended, glances as Director Parrish. " Yes we defeated the crew's nefarious plot. But who exactly was apprehended? I'm afraid that the Sorceress Medea got away. She was one of the primary instigators of the crisis in the Nexus. Fortunately she did not manage to hang on to the Alternity Atlas."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"I don't know what that is," Director Parrish says in reference to the Alternity Atlas. The man in the tuxedo waves off any attempt to explain it.

"They were able to stop Abracadaver and his zombie horde. We were also able to take Sandstone, Devil Ray, and two of the bikers that think they are the Four Horseman. We also found Tom Cypress inert, but he woke up and just walked away. Nullifer cuffs don't work on him, and he was more than a match for the agents watching him."

"Medea will no doubt head back to her little villain support group. That is a problem for another day," the man in the tuxedo says. "Right now, you and I should have a talk." He motions for Elizabeth to follow him out the backyard.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Elizabeth looks around at her teammates. She has this "Uh oh, What did I do?" expression on her face. Taking leave of her peers, she follows the man in the tuxedo out into the backyard area.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn offered a nod of acknowledgement when Director Parrish told them of the hostiles that were captured. Not all of them but most. When Madame Macabre mentioned to Atlas, Bulwark's eyes shifted over to her.

"It's a magic artifact dealing with dimensions ... as I understand. Other than Medea, Dracula was able to elude capture. We were also caught up in a temporal anomaly. Time travel was involved. It'll be in my report."

She draws in a breath at the mention of time travel. Rather than let it out in a sigh he held it for a moment, then released the breath at a natural pace.

"If there isn't anything pressing, the team could use some rest before our next operation."

After making that remark her eyes follow the necromancer as she exits the room with the as yet unnamed mystic in a tuxedo.

OOC wrote:
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre
Supernaturalist wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:37 pm Elizabeth looks around at her teammates. She has this "Uh oh, What did I do?" expression on her face. Taking leave of her peers, she follows the man in the tuxedo out into the backyard area.
"So, that was quite a thing you did back then," he begins. "A lot of people have tried to figure out who the mystery person was who stopped Khan's ritual. Makes sense that no one could figure out. Time magic works that way. But now that you have done it, people are going to start figuring it out. You are about to get very, very popular."

"How much do you know about what has been going on in the mystical community?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

"Actually," Director Parrish says, "You and I need to have a discussion. I need you to be brought up to speed on something."

He steps aside so you can lead the way to a secure location.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

A nod is given to the Director in acknowledgement of his call for a private discussion. Before heading out he look to Silver Phoenix and the lounging Luke.

"Get some rest, but don't get too comfortable just yet."

... then she moves ahead of Parrish and leads the way to her office. Crossing the room she navigates her way to the chair behind her desk. Before taking a seat she gestures to a chair across from her. Then, after settling down, she opens up a drawer. Pulling out a small cube she set it on her desk and pressed a button it. White noise begins radiating from it. Once this was done she finally speaks.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

OOC wrote: