AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy

After Kodiac has settled in Evelyn continues to talk. Also allowing the others to get some food before her as she does so. She briefly nods in Cody's direction when he makes a point about the difficulties of using an OS that used a foreign language.

"Nathan wants to clear out Zyzzak's work and reset the base back to AGEIS standard cyber security. Are there any objection? We will loose the improvements Zyzzak put in place, but at least we will be able to use the system without having to learn and alien language and Nathan will be able to make his own improvements in the future. "

Once everyone who was going to eat had dished out something for themselves Evelyn set some salad on her plate alongside some of the beef dish.

"Thank you for cooking Kodiac."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"You're welcome Captain, I am enjoying the chance to mix things up and a lot has changed since my snooze." Kodiac said between mouthfuls " .. and I know very little about cyber systems but if we don't know what it is doing or how to fix it then it sounds better to me to start again."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 2
XP: 0
Cnd: Normal

"Thank you for cooking Kodiac."

Elizabeth looks from Bulwark over to Kodiac. "Yeah, thanks for whipping up this grub. It's good stuff."

Pausing for a moment to wipe her mouth, the pale necromancer reaches for her wine glass as she continues to speak to her new teammate. "Ya know...I hate to see Luke leave all of a sudden, but I'm glad you're aboard. So what's the skinny on how you got into AEGIS?"
OOC: Here is the Expertise: Occult roll requested by Kenseido: Occult Roll: 1d20+11 26. So, a total of 26.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

"Delicious food. Its always good to have a good chef around. A superhero team is only as good as its meals.", remarks Cody as he tastes the food. He generally enjoyed good food and meal times were good for building up a team feeling. "We'll need to get a barbecue pit or pizza oven out back for to make some good pizza or barbecue one of these days.", adds Cody.
Pausing for a moment to wipe her mouth, the pale necromancer reaches for her wine glass as she continues to speak to her new teammate. "Ya know...I hate to see Luke leave all of a sudden, but I'm glad you're aboard. So what's the skinny on how you got into AEGIS?"
"Its the classic story really. Tell as old as time. Gifted school, turns out to be evil, freezes boy, and after having too much of the good life joining up with the good guys. Jet hopping and parties with rockstars and Sheikhs were fun, but it gets old eventually. So, I joined up with you lot. So far, getting a good meal so its turning up aces so far." You could do with a proper mail box though. People leaving packages taped to the door isn't optimal., says Cody.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

When no one speaks out against Nathan's plan Evelyn turns her head to look at the techie.

"Since there is no argument against it, go ahead with the reset when you are ready. Let the rest of us know about any time period there may be a gap in our security."

She quietly ate while Elizabeth coaxed Cody's story out of the man. At the tail end of his commentary, he gave her a nice transition point for her, so she made use of it.

"Speaking of said package ... someone wanted to tip us off to a heist planned to happen in three days."

At that point Evelyn set her fork down on her place and opened up the envelope Parrish and Cody had found at the door. Extracting it's contents she laid out the note, map, and photos on the dining table.

"Do any of the artifacts being targeted stand out?"
Mr. X wrote:Inside the envelope is a map of Atlanta with three Xs on it. There are pictures of four different artifacts in museum displays. There are notes about security systems for several museums, all of which line up with the Xs on the map.

There is a handwritten note with some scribbling.

"Mr X
$1 million each
5 teams planning on hitting"

The note actually looks like a note of someone taking down details of a job. There is also a date, three days from today. The handwriting is unfamiliar.
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"It should take about an hour to restore the OS. Safer to do it while you are all here, just in case. I can start now if you all have plans after dinner."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

Cody looks over the note as his mind works at a near impossible speed as he looked over the note. Going around the area, he heard a few things, so tried to connect the dots.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The four objects are 2 amulets, a chalice, and a ceremonial knife. Madame Macabre recognizes them as being in stories of old rituals. Though she has no knowledge of them being actually magical.

Both Elizabeth and Cody recognize the symbols on one of the amulets. Elizabeth recognizes them as symbols those used in the magic Khan used, and Cody recognizes the symbols from school.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

"Do any of the artifacts being targeted stand out?"
Elizabeth slides the pictures closer in order to get a better look. She squints her eyes as she looks at a picture of one of the amulets. "I know that these items are purposed for ritual magic. This amulet here...", Elizabeth slides the picture back to Bulwark as she continues to speak, "...has a symbol that matches one on Khan's summoning-circle."

The pale woman pauses for a moment in thought, then shakes her head. "Off the top of my head, I'm uncertain as to their nature. If they are necessary components for a powerful ritual, it's reasonable to assume that they have an arcane dimension despite how little I know of them. If you wish, I could do some more research, some traditional some...well...not so traditional in an attempt to divine more information."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

"Looks like the Horde's finger prints all over this heist. Whatever they are planning, it can't be good. Some of them escaped, so maybe they think they can get some old glory back by getting there artifacts? Regardless, we gotta stop them., sats Cody.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

While Cody and Elizabeth talked, Evelyn took the opportunity to eat some of the meal that Kodiac had prepared. Chewing and drinking at a steady pace. Neither leisurely nor rushed. After the observations about a connection to the Horde were made she cleared her mouth of food and responded.

"It is possible this is a distraction, or that a distraction will be enacted to draw our attention away from the heist later. The Horde likes to use bait and feint tactics. We need to be prepared for that."

She paused. Her eyes turned to focus on Madame Macabre when she proposed doing some research into potential mystical connections the objects had.

"Having more information on Khan's style of magic, or what these objects could be used for, would be good. But that can't take up all your time. You and Cody are going to need to take point on any investigation."

Evelyn looked between Cody and Elizabeth as she talked about the kind of role they wuld be expected to take. Then she panned her eyes over the team.

"We should also inform the APD and coordinate with them. Ideally we get enough information about who is involved and how they plan to steal the artifacts that we can let the police handle their capture while we stand by for serious threats that may arise."

OOC wrote:
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

"We should also inform the APD and coordinate with them. Ideally we get enough information about who is involved and how they plan to steal the artifacts that we can let the police handle their capture while we stand by for serious threats that may arise."
Elizabeth nods her head to the affirmative when Bulwark mentions involving the Atlanta Police Department in the investigation. “We could ask the police to review security footage of who has entered these museums over the past couple of weeks. It’s possible that the same person or persons “cased out” these museums recently. It’s somewhat of a longshot, but who knows? That course of action could provide further leads.

The pale young woman looks away from her leader as if in thought. “Perhaps there is another way to garner some insight into who sent us these items….a way that is not quite…natural.
OOC: Would it be possible for Elizabeth to perform some sort of ritual magic (power stunt?) based off her postcognition ability, but instead of it being focused on a dead body, the ritual would be focused on the hand-written letter that we received? She would be looking for clues about the person who wrote it. Male? Female? Old? Young? Just whatever details she could glean.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

"Not to be that new guy, but a million for each artifact isn't going to draw your garden variety crooks. The cops would probably just become distractions if they'd try and stop some the people who come out of the wood works for this kind of dough.", remarks Cody. He was still nonchalantly enjoying the food. "I know I was an icicle for a long time, but even back in my day we knew crooks salivated at this kind of money. So, bringing in the cops probably isn't the best idea. you are team leader though.", adds Cody.

"If we can get the footage, I can probably look it over pretty fast. Probably can get through the last week or two in under a few hours to see if I spot any trends. Maybe even reach out to some of my contacts. I'm more than just a fast talking pretty face after all.", says Cody with a smile. "Only catch is we gotta be subtle about it all. If the mooks get a whiff of us poking around might get pretty hairy."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

The Horde, the Khan these were names that Kodiac was unfamiliar with but as he enjoyed the mango salad he started to feel that spark that meant there was going to be some action soon.

"So if I understand correctly someone has given us a heads-up on a robbery of some magic stuff at different museums and it sounds like we will be dealing with supers of some type? So is this someone a good samaritan or a competitor to this Mr X and wants us to muck up their plans. Anyway I think we should check what groups of supers would be interested in this heist and also with the authorities if it is okay for us to hide in the museum to stop them."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

A single nod of acknowledgement is given when Cody points out that the 'teams' were likely to be meta-human level threats.

"Noted. Still, we are going to loop the APD in, unless there is reason to believe they have a leak. They aren't going to be frontline fighters. The police can help with the investigation and potentially manage civilians in the area when conflict arises. At the very least they deserve the courtesy of knowing what is going on in their city."

When Kodiac speaks up her eyes move to the man-bear. Noticing the look on his face when the Horde and Khan were mentioned, she interjects.

"You aren't up to speed on who the Horde are, are you? When we're done eating, I suggest you review our previous mission reports involving them. Cody also has some insights into the group. He may be able to answer some questions."

A glance is given to Cody, gauging his reaction, then she looked between Kodiac and Madame Macabre.

"I'd prefer to stop these people before they reach museums in the first place, but laying an ambush isn't a bad idea. Reviewing security footage, as Macabre suggested, would be a good first step. Identify the thieves."
OOC wrote: