AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 0 Condition: Fatigued

With a strained grunt Harry pried his shield from the shattered armor of the tank. The sound of metal on metal heralded the release of his shield, not a scratch on it or the symbol painted on the front.

With a nod to Silver Phoenix he moved to meet up with Zyzzak before leading the way, shield raised before him.
mrdent12

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

"So gents, they gents back at this time period right? Anyway, So gents, once more into the fray. Something tells me a world of magical pain waits for us is in that tower right now.", says Luke. He steeled himself with his ice armour and readied for another fight. With all the noise they made, there was bound to be some sort of "ambush" waiting for them.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Normal

With the defeat of enemies last armored vehicles, Elizabeth turns to face the entrance to the ritual chamber. While Bulwark gives orders and some of her teammates take up their tactical positions, the pale young woman raises her hands slightly in front of herself and closes her eyes in concentration.
OOC: Since we know that the ritual is housed in the structure were about to enter, Elizabeth is just curious if there are any sacrifices or ritualistic killings that have taken place inside. She will use her "Sense the Departed" power to discern if any corpses are inside the ritual area.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine

Silver Phoenix moved to take her place at the front with her two teammates, returning the Shield's nod as she took her place off hid left side, several feet behind him.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

As you enter the castle, you first thought is you are too late.

As expected, the first floor is a great hall. Only all of the tables have been tossed to the side, and instead magical symbols have been drawn in red ink... nope, that is definitely the smell of blood. The symbols form a circle filling up most of the hall. Around the edges of the circle are several recognizable figures. Czarina, Dr Jeste, and three Horde Juggernauts. There is also an Asian man dressed in metal samurai armor.

Near the center of the circle stands Khan. Harry recognizes him clearly, as does anyone who researched the Horde. Well, as much as anyone can recognize a man with a hood. He is wearing black robes and a red cape, which is adorned with symbols similar to the ones on the ground. Khan is shouting something that do not even register as a language on Zyzzak's universal translator.

In front of Khan, is a huge shimmering black disk. No, not a disk, a hole. And through the hole a large figure approaches the portal from the other side. While not in full view, each of you feels dread even looking in its general direction.

For Madame Macabre, all of this is oddly familiar. She is reminded of a strange time in her training where she was unexpectedly given lessons in something very not necromantic. Elizabeth knows that the portal is fully open, and it will take a very specific ritual to close it. And it must be closed before that beast can be allowed on to this plane. But it is nearly here, and she doesn't have the time.

Until, Medea suddenly appears in the circle with the Alternity Atlas hanging from her belt.

"No!" she screams. "The Dark One will be mine!"

At that moment, the two mages enter a psychic duel for control of the beast. As they do, the beast stops its advance, frozen by the dueling mages on the other side of the portal.

"Destroy her," Khan screams to his forces. Elizabeth knows that regardless of who wins this duel, neither mage can control the Beast and the whole world will be lost.
Climactic final battle time. You need to close the portal before the Beast makes it through. Hurting Khan does not close the portal. Elizabeth can cast a ritual to close it, but it will take 5 rounds of full concentration, i.e. she will be vulnerable, and if she fails any save, she will need to start again. Her actions will be obvious and will draw fire.

The Beast will remain on the other side as long as Medea and Khan and psychically dueling. If either or both stop, the Beast will advance and pass thru the portal. Both of them are also in full concentration (vulnerable and failing a save will end the duel). They also need line of sight on each other and the portal, so you can't just surround them in a globe of ice or metal.

And as an indicator of how nasty the Beast is, you need to make a DC20 Will save every round just to look at it.

You essentially have 1 round to explain the situation and develop a plan. If anyone takes action against any Horde member, combat immediately begins. You will go first, but you don't have a surprise round.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Normal

When Elizabeth first steps into the ritual-room, a sickening feeling comes over her. She's been here before...in a dream...a nightmare actually. As a child she dreamed this exact event, and it ended in horror. She knows what she needs to do. But will I have the opportunity to do it this time? In my old dream, I perished with the world around me as my magic was thwarted.

"The Abomination must not be allowed through the portal. Our world is doomed no matter which mage wins the battle to summon it. Defend me while I attempt to undo the Dark Rite of the Old One. I cannot protect myself and disrupt the ceremony at the same time."

Without waiting for any further instructions, she spreads her arms with head bowed. Chanting loudly in a language that fuses Latin with strange, blasphemous words (similar to Khan's incantations). She ignores all else around herself.
OOC: Elizabeth has her Entropy Field up, but other that is her only protection. She will obviously be unable to focus on defense while absorbed in her counter-spell ritual.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

Time travel is weird. "Dark Rite of the Old One? Sounds ominous. I might need to use that line sometime when picking up some birds. They eat that up.", quips Luke. Humour was always his defense mechanism and he needed it now more than ever. Eyeing the Horde, it all connects in his head. He didn't like the connections.

"You don't know this yet, but you and I or someone who looks like you are well acquainted. I think you may have been in a life pod or something. Not sure on that science stuff really. Just heard the life pod wasn't working so well for you. Clearly, you are doing better out of it. Summoning beasts to eat our world even. If it wasn't for the whole world maybe ending thing, I think you and I could make a go of it. Me, not even a tinkle in my mums eye if we go by timeline and you a working with Nazi lady. Match made in heaven right?", remarks Luke to Czarina once Macabre starts her chant.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3
Cnd: Healthy

After the initial glance at the creature from beyond Evelyn's eyes turned away. Instead she took in the rest of the tactical situation. Sizing up the Horde forces and their position relative to her teammates and the dueling mystics. She listened to Elizabeth, but Evelyn's eyes were forward. Moving and taking things in quickly.

"The Entity stopped when Medea started fighting the other mystic. Seems like they're wrestling for control of it. We need those two on even footing. Protect Madame Macabre and don't let the hostile mystics get hurt. Make sure line of sight isn't obscured to the portal isn't blocked either. They might need to see it in order to work their magic."

After layout the encounter's strategy she turned her head and looked to the Canadian Shield. As she did the metal clad woman stepped off the platform that had been carrying her. It soon pulled away to join the swarm of metal debris orbiting her.

"I'll cover Macabre. You cover Medea."

Evelyn looked ahead. The debris orbiting her abruptly fell to the ground, clanging and tinking against the stone floor.

OOC wrote:Shifting Dynamic Array back to Create 10.

During the free preparation and planning round Evelyn will Ready an Action to form a barrier big enough to block the next attack directed at either Medea or Madame Macabre.

Evelyn will also be ready to Interpose on Madame Macabre's behalf. Here is a preemptive Toughness check, to save time, in the event it is needed: preemptive Interpose Toughness: 1D20+12 = [20]+12 = 32

Her is an Initiative roll: Initiative: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[20] - Create 10 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal to be Present" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Continuous Duration (+1/r), Precise (+1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak would try to figure out the forces arrayed against them.
Well informed on the Asian man in metal armor.
investigation: 1d20+16 26
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

That is Shogun, Khan's personal bodyguard. His sword can reportedly cut thru anything.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

When Elizabeth begins chanting her spell, it attracts Czarina's attention.

"Stop them," she screams!
Initiative
Zyzzak
Silver Phoenix
Cool Luke
Bulwark
The Shield
Madame Macabre
Czarina
Doctor Jeste
Horde Juggernauts x3
Shogun
Khan
Medea

Zyzzak is up
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak took to the air. "Going to try incapacitating the bots but beware of Shogun, the man in samurai armor. His sword is said to be as adamantium.".
Zyzzak takes to the air and tries to tractor grapple on of the robots.
attack: 1d20+8 23 if that hits
grapple: 1d20+8 24
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

Your tractor beam captures the robot, holding it in place, but the tractor beam emitters are having to push near the redline to hold it.
Grapple is not an opposed check. It is a straight DC10+PR or STR.
Horde Juggernaut STR check: 1d20+9 11
That is 2 degrees, so Bound

Silver Phoenix is up
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine

As Czarina yells at her fellow Horde members, Silver Phoenix moves to confront her. It seemed that she might be the tactical mind of the group, therefore keeping her occupied may leave the Horde less organized and perhaps somewhat easier to defeat. "I would offer you a chance to surrender, but we both know that you won't." Silver Phoenix says before unleashing a flurry of silver flame covered kicks and punches at Czarina.

OOC wrote:Using Phoenix’s Flowing Flame Claw [Mystical Fire Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack)]

Attack Check: _: 1D20+12 = [13]+12 = 25.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Silver Phoenix

Czarina turns to face you. "You are right, pig."

Your flurry of blows catches her by surprise, leaving her reeling from the attack.
Multi-attack bonus is +2
Czarina TOU save: 1d20+8 17
Bruised x1, Dazed

Cool Luke is up