Shaking his head, "Which items?"
Supernaturalist

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 2
XP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

Addressing Bulwark, Elizabeth relaxes a bit. "I think he wants to speak directly with you, Bulwark. Kodiak and I will just hand until you get here."
OOC: I just realized something. Does Bulwark know our exact coordinates/location? We never actually looked at any street signs when we stopped. Elizabeth has her phone. Could she just look up her current position and give it to Bulwark?
Elizabeth reaches for a cup of the tea and takes a sip. "Not bad...got any more sugar?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kodiak and Bulwark

He looks at Elizabeth for a moment before answering. "No. I don't take my tea with milk or sugar."

Shortly, Bulwark arrives.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

Evelyn let's Elizabeth and Kodiac know when she has the building in sight. A moment later she flies throught he broken window that her teammates had teleported through earlier. As she sets down on the ground metal recedes from her hair and head, crawling down under her clothes. The metal disk she had been using as a platform takes on a liquid-like state and slithers up her pant legs as she walks the rest of the was to the gathering.

She looks from her teammates, who are drinking tea with a super-villain, a briefly gauging their dispositions. Then she turns her hazel eyes to the villainous scientist.

"Dr. Jeste. There are simpler ways to arrange a meeting."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark, Kodiak, Madame Macabre

Dr Jeste waves his hand to the remaining cup of tea on the tray.

"Well, this wasn't my plan. I had to pivot."

He patiently takes a sip of tea.

"You see, those idiots are trying to resurrect that nutjob Khan."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

Moving into the office now, Cody shrugs. "Schools secretly run by cult like organizations back in the 30's is my my thing. Our teams resident mage seems to think some of the items in your gallery, that have a million dollar contract out to be stolen, are somehow related to the Horde. From what I know of them, it could be a crazy scheme or actual magical artifacts.", says Cody. he provides the artifacts for reference to see if he gets a response.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody

Professor Gert holds up his hand. "Let me just stop you there. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinks everything in the museum is magical. Museums aren't full of magic items. There are maybe five actual magic items in all the museums on the planet. Actual magic items weren't stored in temples or tombs."

"I can't think of anything in the museum that could sell for $1 million on the open market." He takes the picture. "Somebody is pulling your leg. This is case filler." He dismissively tosses the picture back to Cody.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn didn't seem surprised by what Jeste revealed. She seemed to think on it for a couple of seconds. Then nodded, as though agreeing or at least acknowledging what was said.

"The Horde bringing Khan back into action was something we were considering."

The tea went ignored. Her attention on Dr. Jeste rather than the offered beverage. The AEGIS Officer remaining focused even if her demeanor was not dogged.

"How do you propose to help us stop that from happening?"

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark, Kodiak, and Madame Macabre

Dr Jeste strokes his chin. "When the plan to resurrect him was presented by Czarina, I knew I had to be careful. Nobody else knew that Khan wasn't trying to take over the world, but actually sacrifice the world to that abomination. I read through all of his journals while we were in suspended animation and came to realize how mad he truly was. But since they were among the items Hash destroyed upon our escape, I had no proof for the others."

He pauses and takes a sip of tea.

"I think Czarina knows anyway."

He shakes his head briefly at the thought.

"So I tried to convince them that I could do the ritual based on reading Khan's journals. And it seemed to be working. I setup these robberies and made sure Luke's brother would get the job details. He would tell you, you would stop the robberies, and 'Oh no! Now we can do the ritual.'" He raises his hands in mock outrage.

"I don't know if Czarina never believed I could do it or just got impatient, but she brought in a descendent of one of Khan's followers from back then. And she seems just as crazy as Khan."

"Fortunately, they see my 'mistakes' as arrogance and not betrayal, so I arranged for people for the past few days to 'case the museums' so you could follow them and meet with me."

"Just to be clear, I am not betraying the Horde, or it's ideals. I am saving it from a mad man who wants to destroy everything. As one of your philosophers said, 'I like the world. It's where I keep all my stuff.'"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Kodiac was already on his third cup of tea by the time the Captain arrived, even though it was cold it wasn't a bad blend.

Unsure how to interpret her look Kodiac placed the cup to one side as Jeste started to reveal what he wanted to tell them. At the mention of Khan Kodiac was glad that he had taken the time to read those mission reports and dossiers.

"Wait a minute did you say thay want to bring back the Khan, I thought he was taken into some sort of hell place?"
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

Elizabeth has been silent for the past several minutes, taking in all that Dr. Jeste has said.

"Dr. Jeste, you are speaking of a "resurrection" of Khan. I assume that he is dead, but I also assume that his body was destroyed either by the Unfathomable One whom he tried to conjure or by simply being exposed to the environment from which the Nameless One came. Are you saying that this is not the case? That Czarina has somehow acquired the body of Khan or at least confirmed that it still exists?"
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark, Kodiak, and Madame Macabre

"I don't know how any of this works. Czarina starts talking about Khan being alive in her dreams and gets the others excited about his glorious return. I now know what a complete nutjob he was so any type of return is unacceptable. I wouldn't even risk cloning him."

"My goal was to pretend to go through with it, and then have it fail so everyone moves on. But Czarina has found an actual 'expert' in this stuff, so they have moved away from my plan. The high priestess Czarina brought in thinks my science is a taint and won't even speak with me, much less tell me what the new plan is. So, I am meeting with you."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

"Well then. See how hard that was? Could have just told us that when we first knocked instead of scaring all your staff. Either way, probably going to have some sort of robbery later as people think this stuff has value. Feel free to give us a call when you need us.", remarks Cody stepping out of the office.

When clear, he taps his comm link. Nothing from the curator. Seems like all these items are either magical without anyone knowing or just another ruse., says Cody over the link.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody

Douglas Meadows is standing outside when Cody comes out. He waits patiently for Cody to finish his conversation.

"Well, that was quieter than I expected. So what's the plan?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

The AEGIS Captain maintained a neutral demeanor while Dr. Jeste explained the situation on his side of the fence and responded to inquiries from Kodiac and Macabre. After the mention of how the high priestess was shutting him out, Evelyn made a testing statement.

"Sounds like Czarina's plan requires a person that you wouldn't mind having out of the picture."

It was about then that she heard Cody's voice over the coms, indicating he hadn't made any ground in his meeting with Professor Gert. Her cheek muscle tensed, flexing for a second, then relaxed. She went back to talking to the villainous scientist taking tea with two of her teammates.

"It would be helpful if we did not have the distraction of the museum thefts. As I understand it they were part of your charade, which the rest of the Horde has moved on from. Are you able to call the heists off?"

OOC wrote: