AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"I don't mind looking at the videos." Kodiac offers.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 2
XP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued
"Look into the viability of teleporting people to New Orleans. Scout the museums out if you need information about the locations, or need to be familiar with them in order to teleport there.
"Yes, ma'am." Elizabeth says, sounding more like some southern school girl rather than a practitioner of dark arts. "I'm a little run down...tired. I have an idea about how we can move the team rapidly to New Orleans, but I may require some kind of ritual boost. I'm gonna return to the base for a bit to rest and to clear my mind. Then I'll need some time to prepare. My preparations will require me to briefly visit the museums to which I'll be traveling. I feel confident that I'll be ready within the next 48 hours."
OOC: Unless Bulwark or anyone else has questions/comments, Elizabeth will return to the base for a nap. She already has a Fatigued condition; another power stunt will leave her Exhausted before any "festivities" even begin.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
HP: 2->1
CND: Smooth

"Wouldn't hurt for another set of eyes on the videos. I should be able to go through them pretty fast, maybe a few hours at most. So, any other set of eyes on them would be good. After we get back to base, some coffee and maybe a snack then to the videos.", remarks Cody. Unless the bear man was a cover for a big brain, Cody figured he wouldn't be as much of help as though. Still, he wasn't going to say no either.

After downing the coffee and some left overs, nothing too special, Cody starts going over the videos.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

In between making sandwiches and a couple of pots of coffee, Kodiac tries to help watching the videos.
#008080 wrote: Kodiac Investigation Aid: 1d20+1 6

Kodiac is not much help at all here.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
HP: 2->1

Cody pours over the tape with sandwiches and coffee at the ready. He forgot his mind worked faster than most video rendering software. Still, it was faster than writing an AI, training it, and tossing it at looking for bad guys.
Streetwise 15 Oh well
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

Before the team broke up to enact their own tasks Evelyn informed the rest of the team know she was heading to New ORleans to coordinate with the police and museum security there. After making prepreations, as she was on her way to the hangar, Bulwark spots Kodiac ferrying coffee and food to the room where Cody was reviewing the security footage from the three Atlanta based museums.

"Kodiac, you are not going to be able to watch those videos as fast as Cody. It would be more productive if you staked out one of the museums like Silver Phoenix."

Unless Kodiac needed or wanted to talk more, the AEGIS Captain kept walking. Then, inside the team's jet she punch coordinates into the auto-pilot. While enroute she contacted the New Orleans police department to arrange a meeting with their commanding officer in roughly an hour.
OOC wrote:Evelyn will call ahead to let the NOPD know she is coming and wants to speak with their Captain. Bulwark plans to visit them first. She will not phone ahead to the museum.

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

The autopilot take Captain Gracen to New Orleans police station in 7th District, where the Museum of Death is located. When you call ahead, they ask you to park in a rather large, mostly unused parking lot as their building isn't rated for helicopters. They also inform you Captain Gernon will not be available until an hour after your arrival; but if it's an emergency, Lt. DeLarge can meet with you right away.

You arrive at and land in the parking lot indicated and make your way to the 7th District police station.

You are greeted by a reception desk, where an female officer with 'Morris' on her pin sits. "Welcome to New Orleans Police Department. How may I assit you today?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody

Cody's research of the video tapes is quite tedious. Going through a week's worth of security footage from three different museums is pretty rough. Fortunately 2 of them are not so big and only have 6 cameras. The last one is quite a bit bigger, so it takes more time. Fortunately, Cody's mind can correlate all of the data and see a few patterns over the ten hours of review.

There are definitely three different "groups" casing the place. Two only sent in a single individual each but the third group sent a duo. He has clean pictures to send off to AEGIS and then can ponder a bit if he remembers anything about them and who they might be connected to.
Please give me a Streetwise check. You get a +5 for involving AEGIS, but their response could take a while.

Mechanically, anything you might get from the +5 added to your roll won't come right away. I will give it to you a random amount of game time later to account for their less efficient work.

Reminder that this takes up almost all of the day, so you can't report to anyone, especially Bulwark, until they are finished with their day.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

Elizabeth scrambles for materials and digging through books to help her craft her talisman to aid with carrying more with her enhanced Arcane Travel spell.

At first, she thinks about Hermes or other Gods of travel, but settles on the symbol of Kharon, the Ferryman of the Dead. Elizabeth is familiar with him and knows, while it is rare, he doesn't only ferry the dead.
You can't fail a DC12 check in Magic, so there is no need to roll.

This takes up your whole day, so Elizabeth can't get involved with the others until the next day.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Silver Phoenix

Silver Phoenix sets up watching one of the museums. After a little bit, her phone buzzes. It's a text message.

Code: Select all

Alley behind you. Now. #
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kodiak

There isn't anywhere a large bear-man can really stakeout a place without drawing a lot of attention.

Kids and younger adults think Kodiak is cool. Small children want to hug him and play games, while teens want him to lift things.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

Receiving more attention than he expected, Kodiac threw himself into the moment lifting a group of teens all at once and handling the small children with kids gloves. If anyone asked him what he was doing here Kodiac would deadpan "I'm on stakeout, seriously .." and then put on a pair of novelty sunglasses "see I'm in disguise.." before giving another little one a hug.

While not expecting to see anything Kodiac still kept his eyes peeled for anything that looked unusual.
OOC wrote: Kodiac Perception: 1d20+10 23
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

Suited up in her AEGIS uniform Evelyn made her way into the police department. A folder grasped in one hand. On her way to the front desk she checked the watch on her left wrist. Still an hour too early to speak with the police Captain. At the reception desk she drew out her credentials and showed them to the officer stationed there.

"I would like to speak with Lt. DeLArge."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
HP: 1

While he would be useful in other places, Cody tries to put the pieces together on the possible heists.
Streetwise 32
What was the previous streetwise for?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kodiak

It's hard to tell with all the distractions, but it does seem a few people headed for the museum turn around and go when they see you.