AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

At the professor's office Evelyn looked to Cody. Her hand moved to the door knob, and like a breaching team prepared to bust down a door, she waited for a signal that he was ready. Then she twisted the knob and pushed her way inside. Though she entered ahead of him Evelyn soon stepped off the side, clearing the way for her teammate. Though she sized up the professor, she let Cody take the lead in talking. Just as she had earlier.
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody and Bulwark

The door is locked.
It's a cheap office door lock, so you can easily push your way in, but it will require breaking it.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 2
XP: 0
Cnd: Normal

"Hmmm...the place looks abandoned." Elizabeth lifts her sunglasses for a brief moment to get a clearer look around. "What's so special about this place?"
OOC: Here's her Perception roll: Perception roll at Warehouse: 1d20+10 22. So, a total of 22.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody and Madame Macabre

The place looks like it hasn't been maintained at all. Dirty windows, trash around the place, and even a broken window.

But the chain and lock look brand new.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Normal

"That's strange. I wonder what's inside." Looking over to Kodiak, Elizabeth holds out her pale, gaunt hand as if offering Kodiak the opportunity to touch it. "Wanna take a look? I can 'port the both of us to the other side of the fence."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Apart from the chain the place looked abandoned.
Supernaturalist wrote: "That's strange. I wonder what's inside." Looking over to Kodiak, Elizabeth holds out her pale, gaunt hand as if offering Kodiak the opportunity to touch it. "Wanna take a look? I can 'port the both of us to the other side of the fence."
"You read my mind" Kodiac smiled as he placed his overlarge hand/paw on top of Elizabeth's hand "Or I can just rip the chain off."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

When the gruff voice on the other side of door came through, Cody knew he was in for a rough time. "We are from Aegis. Got wind of a potential heist happening soon and would like to speak with you on some of the artifacts we heard are being targeted. Also, might be able to get you some more insight into the artifacts as well.", says Cody. "Based on the price put on the artifacts, they might be more interesting than you think historically speaking.", adds Cody in hopes to appeal to the more history oriented side of the person.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody and Bulwark

"You're what?" the grouchy voice calls back from behind the door.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Fatigued

Elizabeth's eyes catch sight of the broken window of the office building. She looks back at the stout bear-man beside her. "Ok, this is gonna be a little tough, but I can get us inside the warehouse." With Kodiak's hand (paw?) in hers, Elizabeth raises her off-hand while chanting some guttural-sounding words that sound vaguely like Latin. In the blink of an eye both appear at a new location.
OOC: I have changed Elizabeth's condition to Fatigued. Her teleportation-target is inside the office building through the broken window.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kodiak and Madame Macabre

You teleport into the empty office. From behind a cracked door to an adjoining office, Elizabeth hears a familiar sounding voice.

"Took you long enough. I'd offer you some tea, but it's gone cold."
To be clear, this is not Eric's voice.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

For a first time being teleported the sensation wasn't too bad and even better no need to try and force his way through the broken window until his stomach decided to do a loop de loop.

Fortunately the strange voice gave him something to focus on instead of an upset stomach.

"What ... who's there?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

When the knob resisted being turned in her hand, Evelyn gave it a little firmer twist, just in case it was stuck rather than locked. It didn't want to budge, so she drew her hand back. Then Cody shouted back that they were from AEGIS. Evelyn's lips pursed together. She didn't see happy about that loud declaration, judging by the expression on her face. She didn't comment though. Instead she raised her voice and called back to the man on the other side of the door.

"Professor Gert, would you open the door so that we do not have to shout at each other?"
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cody & Bulwark

"Ugghh! Hold on." What follows is the sound of things moving around - papers, folders, and possibly a few larger objects. This goes on for about a minute, then finally the door handle rattles a few times. The door opens up part way and he sticks his body in the path, obscuring the office.

Professor Gert is a man in his fifties, wearing grey slacks and a white shirt. Both have random bits of dust on it, like he has been carrying dusty objects. He is wearing wire frame glasses and he is mostly bald, with some grey hair around the edges.

"WHAT!?!" he yells. Nobody in the hallway even reacts to this.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Fatigued

The black-clad necromancer takes a deep breath, winded from the strain of teleporting so much. When she hears the familiar voice, she turns quickly, searching for the origin of the familiar voice.
OOC: Is it a free action to spend a HP to remove the Fatigue Condition? I'm not saying that Elizabeth is going to do that...yet. I just want to make sure that's how it works.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

Apparently, he shouldn't had mentioned Aegis, but after they talked with security word was bound to spread. So, he wasn't terribly worried about keeping it secret. When Evelyn got the door open at least, Cody figured he walk through it figuratively. "We just had some information on some artifacts we'd like to discuss with you. I'm history, being suspended for the better part of 60 or 70 years, but were told you were the guy to talk to about verifying some possible significance of some artifacts you have here. Ancient symbols, magic world, and all that goes above my head. We were hoping to pick your brain on the artifacts to confirm or deny some hunches from people in our team. Preferably in your office and not in the hallway.", replies Cody. Flattery will get you everywhere or so he was told.
Cody has a +16 Persuasion, but can't roll since my work laptop. The idea is to make the more accommodating and friendly to the two.