For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine
HP: 1

Czarina laughs. "Killing you is too easy. For you. You took everything from me, so I am going to take everything from you."
"You might discover that goal is easier said than done." Despite the self assured tone to her voice, in her mind Harper immediately thinks about her grandfather and how she needs to check in with him soon.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 3 pp
Cnd: Normal

Elizabeth sips her tea quietly as the magician finishes is update on all the magical "current events" going on in the multiverse. When he does finish, the pale young necromancer cannot hide her confusion. "I'm...not the brightest bulb in the fixture. And when it comes to larger-than-life figures in the magical community, I'm remarkably ignorant. But you're saying that Seven is now the official "Queen of the Underworld"? Couldn't she just leave that cesspool on it's own? I'm sure someone else would step up to assume authority."

Elizabeth almost pauses to allow the wizard across from her to respond, but her irritation gets the best of her. "And you still haven't told me your name. You know good and well who I am. Would you not extend me the same courtesy?" She sets her tea-cup and down and struggles to hide an angry stare.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

"Woah, woah... that's just totally... fair. But I would absolutely never, ever jeopardize your thing here."

"Nah, man, I don't want to go out, Let's just hang out for the night, watch some flick, and drink some brews."

He jingles the almost six pack in front of you.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Silver Phoenix

"Well, this is just the warm-up. Have a little fun beating these two robots up. You'll find them quite a bit more fire resistant than the previous ones you fought."
Initiative:
Silver Phoenix
Horde Juggernauts
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

Jake was being...unusual. Something was up when he didn't want to go and party. If it wasn't a planning for a robbery trip, it had to be something else. "I am all for hanging out, not like I have much of anything else to do around this place, but since when do you turn down hitting the town? Don't say you got older and more settles. We both know you'll never settle. If you aren't here to rob the place and don't want to hit the town, at least tell me why you are really here.", prods Luke. He was starting to grow a bit suspicious now.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3
Cnd: Fatigued

"I'll talk to Kodiac and update you afterward."

At that point, unless Direct Parrish has more to say, Evelyn let Zyzzak in and has her final words with the extraterrestrial. Goodbyes are said, then she is back to business. After that she caught up to Harry and Kodiac she asked the Shield to excuse them. Once they were alone she addressed the Man-Bear in a direct fashion.

"You up for a trip to Maryland? An Ex-AEGIS Agent kidnapped his ex-wife and child. I'd like you to come with me on the rescue operation."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[14] - Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
[06] - Flight 7 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Kodiac hadn't realised how much he missed chatting with Harry as they caught up with "old" times and the booming laughter meant it was very easy for Evelyn to find them.

After making Harry promise that he would make some tourtière, Kodiac listened carefully to Evelyn's request, a small growl escaped his lips when he heard that a former agent had kidnapped his ex-wife and child.

"Count me in Captain, but won't the two of us be overkill for just one guy?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

Jake sighs and hands you a beer. "You might need this."

"So, you remember the Toney Brothers. We used to call them the Tooney Brothers?" He chuckles a bit.

"Well this guy hired me to steal something out of their safe. Some tech gizmo, don't know details. He's some short guy," Jakes holds his hand down below his waist who fancies himself a Moriarty. Calls himself 'The Falcon.' Whatever, right? Job's a job, and this paid a lot."

He finishes his beer and pulls out another. "Well, the job went off like clockwork. I score an invite to their monthly poker game, drop a couple grand even. Pretend to get sick, crack the safe, take the gizmo, and I'm out of there clean as a whistle. Deliver to the buyer, get paid, and stash the cash."

"Only, turns out this gizmo was a HUGE deal. The Brothers were hired by some Asian group and they were pre-paid. I mean who does that, right? So it turns out they spent nearly half the money just stealing the thing. So even if giving the money back would solve this, they can't."

"The buyer has given them three days to get the gizmo back. Apparently, this is life or death for them. So they hired some super mercs to get me to tell them about this Falcon. Except, I don't know anything. Everything was black bag drops. I never saw the guy in person. It was all Mission Impossible style with phones being left for me to call him and then self-destructing when he hung up."

"I just need to lose these mercs and then lie low until the Tooney's time runs out, then problem solved. So I figure, my brother has his own super-team. Nobody would dare try to get me here."

At this moment, there is a buzz at the front gate.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:40 pm Elizabeth sips her tea quietly as the magician finishes is update on all the magical "current events" going on in the multiverse. When he does finish, the pale young necromancer cannot hide her confusion. "I'm...not the brightest bulb in the fixture. And when it comes to larger-than-life figures in the magical community, I'm remarkably ignorant. But you're saying that Seven is now the official "Queen of the Underworld"? Couldn't she just leave that cesspool on it's own? I'm sure someone else would step up to assume authority."
"Not a place where the dead go, but yeah a dark Universe that turns out a lot of bad things. As for finding someone else, she could. But then we would end up with something worse. For all her faults, Una was an honorable person. She kept her word, and for many decades, we had no invasions from her world. All because she made an oath with Eldrich about not invading or setting foot into our Universe."

"None of her predecessors would keep their word like that. So we shouldn't expect anyone new to do so either."
Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:40 pmElizabeth almost pauses to allow the wizard across from her to respond, but her irritation gets the best of her. "And you still haven't told me your name. You know good and well who I am. Would you not extend me the same courtesy?" She sets her tea-cup and down and struggles to hide an angry stare.
"Eric," he replies as he stands up with his tea and lemon bar seconds before a motorcycle comes crashing through the windows and lands squarely on your table. On it is a man in black leather clothes with bones painted on them, like a poor skeleton costume. He is wearing helmet that looks like a skull.

"You will pay for your injustice against the Devil's Advocates."

Behind him, another motorcycle rider with a twisted face and thinning hair cackles just outside the broken window.
Cueball and Born Loser - who you fought in the Nexus - are both members of the Devil's Advocates.
Make a DC19 Insight check to avoid being Demoralized (Impaired) for one round.

Initiative:
Madame Macabre
Angel
Buddy
Eric

Madame Macabre is up
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3
Cnd: Fatigued

"He has two buddies and all three of them have low level augmentations. The Director also wants this kept quiet, so we are minimizing our manpower footprint. I'll give you details on the kidnappers enroute."

With a motion of her left hand he beckons Kodiac to follow her as she sets out for the HQ's garage, where she selected a vehicle that would accommodate Kodiac's size and weight. On the way she brought him up to speed on the various aspects of the kidnapper's powers. Though she left out the details about where the powers were acquired. It wasn't applicable to the mission.

OOC wrote:I'm alright with a time jump.
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[14] - Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
[06] - Flight 7 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 3 pp
Cnd: Impaired
OOC: Ok, here is Elizabeth’s Insight Check to avoid the Demoralize (DC19): Insight Check to avoid Demoralize: 1d20+8 15. At total of 15, so Elizabeth is Impaired this round. A question: Is it for one round? If the Impaired condition lasts longer than one round, does Elizabeth further “saves”?
Caught completely off guard by the sudden attack, Elizabeth barely manages to activate her Entropy Shield. Taking a moment to assess her environment, she initially just looks to protect herself and those around her.
OOC: Elizabeth will take a Ready action. She is specifically waiting to see if any of the villians target a civilian for an attack of any kind. If they do, she will attack them with her Necrotic Blast.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark and Kodiak

You are about a mile away from the cabin out in the wilderness. Scouting reports say there are booby traps setup. None of them are of any threat to either of you but tripping them could alert them that you are coming. Flying up over the brush would make you a lot more visible.

You can see the cabin through binoculars. There is smoke coming out of the chimney and one big burly, hairy guy outside smoking.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

As Elizabeth prepares to stop any attacker, Angel reaches down and places his hand on her forehead. His hand surges with power as the skull helmeted man screams "DIE!" The power releases and Elizabeth feels...

Nothing.

"Hahahahahaha," Eric laughs. "You're using death powers on a necromancer? Hilarious!"

The two villains stare at each other confused as Eric raises his hand with the lemon bar in it and says "Amotio."

All of the customers and staff vanish from the coffee shop.
Madame Macabre is up again
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

It all made sense now. Jake was looking to be bailed out again. "Most of the team is out and think probably too much of themselves and the letter of the law. So, probably good you didn't spill your story to them. How bad could these mercs be? Between you and I, we've been through worse. Remember that job in Egypt and that guy with the swarm of scarabs who wasn't keen on us delivering some box we never opened? How much worse could this be?", says Luke.

When the front gate buzzes, Luke knew he'd have his answer. "No better time than now to have a chat with whoever is out there. Lay low here while I go say hi to whoever is out there. They were kind enough to buzz in, so least I can do is have a friendly chat before we burn and freeze them.", says Luke. He was already primed to go out, so this was as good a reason as any.

While Jake made himself out of the way, Luke stepped over the security system to get a look at what they were up against. If a fight was going to break out, at least it would be on his turf. As he looked them over, he pressed the button to speak to them. "Just got out of the shower. Give me a minute unless you want to be amazed at me only in a towel.", says Luke.
Insight 24 to get a read if they are hostile, seem reasonable, etc.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Taking an opportunity to stretch and to work on that kink in his neck, Kodiac then looked over in the direction of the house where the kidnapper and his 'friends' were holed up.

"What do you think Captain? Go for the direct approach and let them know we are coming or go through the forest. I should be able to spot any of their boobytraps and they wouldn't know we are there until we are knocking on the door."

Kodiac wasn't sure just what type of powers Evelyn has and she may have a means of getting them directly.
OOC wrote: I can't recall if we were assuming that Kodiac received a rundown of the teams abilities beforehand or not so can edit if needbe.