AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by kenseido »

Kodiak and Madame Macabre

Jeste smiles. "Well that is a deeply complex philosophical question, isn't it? But truly, who really knows themselves?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"I have to agree, who does know themselves? Not me and I guess you are saying not you and now to be honest my head is starting to hurt." Kodiac replies with a slight smile.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kodiak

Jeste chuckles at Kodiak without commenting further.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy

Evelyn was about to step into the office along with Cody and the Professor, then Elizabeth's voice came over the coms sharing news of her and Kodiak's encounter with Jeste.

"You have this handled."

Judging by the Captain's tone, it was a statement. Cody could handle Gert.

"I need to take a call."

... she offered as an explanation in the even Gert had any interest or care as to why she was stepping away so suddenly. Then she did step away, literally, and began walking briskly down the hall. She headed out of the building. Once outside, and clear of building surveillance, she began talking.

"Nathan, monitor the coms network for anything out of the ordinary. "

"Kodiak. Smell anything off? Chemicals, ozone ... Just a 'yes' or 'no'."

"Macabre. The Horde uses a teleportation system. Do you have a spell that could act as a signal jammer? Don't act yet. 'Yes' or 'no' only."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

After hearing the Captain's voice, Kodiac started to shake his head before just saying "No" over the commlink.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 2
XP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued
"Macabre. The Horde uses a teleportation system. Do you have a spell that could act as a signal jammer? Don't act yet. 'Yes' or 'no' only."
Elizabeth places her hand on the commlink, pressing it a little more firmly against her ear.

"No.", she says calmly as her eyes remain on Dr. Jeste.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

There was a brief pause as she looked down an alleyway across the street. Her eyes narrowed in a thoughtful fashion..

"Do not give him your comlink. If he wants to talk to me right now, he will have to do it through you. Otherwise he can wait for me to arrive on scene. What does he want?"

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

As Elizabeth talks to Bulwark, Professor Jeste chimes in.

"Be sure to tell her that I am trying to help you prevent the end of the world... part 2."
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Still pressing the commlink gently against her ear, Elizabeth continues to act as the intermediary between Dr. Jeste and Bulwark. "Well...he claims there's another apocalyptic event on the horizon. He also says he's interested in helping us prevent it."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

After waiting for traffic to ebb Evelyn jogs over to the car she had driven to the museum in. Rather than climb into the vehicle he goes to the truck and opens it up.

"What has inspired him to go against the rest of the Horde?"

... she inquired while digging through the trunk's contents. Finding what she was looking for, a cross shaped tire iron, Evelyn begins making her way to an alley. Ther she shapes the tire iron into a circular sheet of metal, when she steps onto, before taking to the air and speeding off towards the office building that Madame Macabre and Kodiac found Dr. Jeste.
OOC wrote:
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Elizabeth nods as if just told something through the commlink.

"So why the sudden change of heart? Are you and the Horde not friends anymore?" She says, still looking at Dr. Jeste.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

"I am not interested in having this conversation over a game of telephone. We can wait for Captain Gracen."

During the wait, he sets out four of the paper cups and pours some tea from his thermos in ieach. To Kodiak, it smells like high quality English Breakfast Tea. He picks up a cup and takes a sip.

His face grimaces. "Definitely would be better hot." He leans back in the chair again and motions for you to take one of the cups.
He won't talk about anything until Bulwark arrives. If you want to try and force him, you will need to make a roll of some kind.
If you want to do something else, that is fine also.

If you want to try some tea, it is exactly as described; cold, high quality tea. There is nothing wrong with it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
CND: Smooth

Looking annoyed, he turns and walks back into the office, leaving the door open. "You dropped a lot of scary words hoping I would buckle under the pressure and give you everything you want. Not going to happen. If this is as bad as you say, shouldn't you be discussing this with our men in security?"
Cody nodded at Bulwark and just shrugged at the man. "You seem to have a bit of a reputation as being hard to work with and overly stubborn. I see what they mean now. All we want is a bit of info and a chance to examine the artifacts. Might end up being magical or have some great historical significance. That or be a complete mis direct of the violent kind. Now, I'm sure you are brilliant, but if the artifacts end up having some magical significance wouldn't you want to know? Think the budget you could get.", presses Cody while assessing if the man was just being stubborn on purpose or hiding something.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

"English Breakfast?" Kodiac says reaching for one of the papercups and picking it up very carefully in one paw.

After taking a sip Kodiac looks down at the Doctor "I agree it does need to be warmer but it is a lovely flavour, where did you get it from?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

"No idea," he says shaking his head. "I sent someone for provisions when we first settled in the US and gave my approval after tasting it. Now I always have them on hand."