AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry, while as surprised as anybody else in the room, lands in the room without any indication of that fact. A quick sweep of the room took in the situation, and he was reminded again that he'd let his first aid lapse. That was inexcusable. He'd need to work on that.

He paused to offer Madame Macabre a hand up to her feet.

"We were transported to an unknown location via a magic door which came looking for a mage. We don't know. No. And I think you're too much of a professional for that," Harry answers her question with a bemused smile, then with a more concerned look he lowers his voice and whispers, "Are you okay?"

He waits for an affirmative answer before moving to scout the immediate area as per Bulwark's orders.
mrdent12

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

"The surprise rave with the black out drugs wasn't planned until next week. This is definitely some magic craziness going on right now.", remarked Luke to Macabre.

He had been pulled into some crazy parties. One was some strange portal party where you had to reach into a portal to pull out the beer from another room. This wasn't one of those fun parties. A bunch of passed out people in robes didn't seem like a party at all unless it was something he really wasn't into.
"That... that is why you always phone ahead before a visit, yes?"
Luke looked at the old man now knocked out as well. "You could have sent invites or a card or something. When you wake up, I'll give you the name of a good designer.", said Luke knowing the man wouldn't be answering.

He made his way about the place to get a sense of where they were. Astral plane? Time in the past? New Dehli? They could be anywhere.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 3
Cnd: Normal

Between Harry's concerned remarks and Luke's quips, Elizabeth struggles to reorient herself. At first she wonders if it is a dream albeit a more pleasant one than some of the nightmares she's had recently.

Elizabeth glances breifly at Harry before slowly moving towards Sallah. "I'm...ok. Thanks, Shield.", her mind mostly on the strange environment and the figure she recognizes across the room. She makes her way over to the man in the charcoal-suit and kneels down beside him. "I know this man...er...at least I think I know who he is. Let's make sure he's not going to die on us at the very least."
OOC: Elizabeth will try to make sure that Sallah isn't dying. If he is, then she'll use her "Spare the Dying" in order to stabilize him. Need me to make any rolls?
Elizabeth then looks around at her teammates briefly before turning her attention back to Sallah. "We may very well be in the late Adrian Eldrich's sanctum. It looks like we've taken a little trip to Freedom City. If I'm not mistaken, his sanctum is somewhere there. I believe this man's name is Sallah, an assistant to Eldrich."
OOC: I assumed that Elizabeth knew vaguely of Eldrich's sanctum location. If I assumed too much, I can edit the post.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Madame Macabre stabilizes the man, though he will be unconscious for a while.

In the middle of the room, a nine-foot hologram of a woman appears. Madame Macabre recognizes her as Seven.

"Thank you, magi for answering the call," the illusion begins. "I have great need of..."

Seven looks around, confused.

"Why are there so many of you?"
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

"Why are there so many of you?"
Elizabeth opens her mouth to answer before realizing that she doesn't really know.

Looking a around at her teammates, the pale mystic seems just as confused as Seven. "Yeah...why *are* we all here? Did you guys bring me here? I don't remember anything about a door or walking through it."
Flynnarrel

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:1 LP:1 CND:
Senses: Radio Sense, Darkvision
EM I/O: Penetrating vision.
Pattern Array: Comprehend/Speak Machines
Defensive: Phasing
Wrist Emitters: Tractor beam

Zyzzak scans around for a source for the holographic projection.

"Our translocation seemed to be triggered by our proximity to an unconscious Madam Macabre." Zyzzak answers. "Though the cause of the initial unconsciousness is yet unknown. What task do you require assistance with?" he asks, unable to commit without checking up the chain of command.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"I don't understand. You didn't come here at my request?"

Everyone hears a nonchalant whistling coming from the direction of the front door. Seven glares in that direction and the whistling stops. Then she turns back to the heroes.

"I see. In any case, I need your help. Someone has breached the wards of the Nerian Nexus. There are too many magical treasures here that Adrian was guarding. I need you to find the intruders and kick them out so the wards can be restored."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

"We just sort of tagged along with the necromancer. Thats how we roll. Crashing parties for fun and all that.", remarks Luke. He listened for a bit when the holographic image spoke. They did end up in Freedom City after all.

When Seven made the request, Luke nodded along. "So no good food and drink than. Got it. If its removing intruders, shouldn't be too hard. Some burglars in a mystical house, sounds like a fun night on the town for the heroic sort.", adds Luke looking to the others. He figured someone would have some search plan aside from his just walk about the place.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

After securing them robed people Evelyn looks over to the rousing Elizabeth. Without interjecting into the conversation that springs up with the other woman's waking, she monitors the necromancer quietly until Seven's image appears in the room. A quick visual inspection is given to the mystic's projections before she responds.

"We are AEGIS' Gulf Coast team, and I am Captain Gracen. I was informed that there is a significant hostile situation in Freedom City. Your door saved us some travel time."

Having heard Seven's explanation for the summons Bulwark glanced briefly to the unconscious intruders, then to her teammates. Finally her dark eyes returned to the projection.

"We'll help. Even if this isn't connected to the issue we were previously told about, we can't let these people run off with a magical nuke. What can you tell us about them and their objective? "

She gave Seven time to mount a response while drawing out a phone. With one hand he dialed in the number for the local AGEIS Squad.

"Do you have a secure location we can hold the intruders until backup arrives to take them into custody?"

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[11] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1 (+1 pp)]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Seven appears to look slightly upset by Evelyn's words. Her face reflects a mental debate going on inside her. Finally, she seems to surrender to her internal objections and respond to Bullwark.

"I'm not sure. My connection to the Nexus isn't as strong as it once was. I asked Sallah to look into it, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet."

There is a pause.

"I can sense an ancient vampire, and someone trapped with-in a powerful curse, and something… something strange and powerful. But I know exactly who broke the wards: Medea! She’s after something powerful… If she’s smart — and let’s be honest, she’s as tricky as they come — she’s after the Alternity Atlas.”

Madame Macabre is familiar with Medea. She is an ancient sorceress who the Greek myths of Medea are based on. She isn't "Master Mage" level powerful, but she is very dangerous and a trickster. Her hatred of men knows no equal.

The necromancer is also familiar with the Alternity Atlas. It is a magical map to every secret door between worlds and hidden treasure spread throughout the cracks of creation. Any mage who masters the Atlas could use it to find untold treasures and possibly even claim the title of Master Mage.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

Elizabeth nods as she speaks out loud to no one in particular. “I know of Medea, though I have never met her. She is a sorceress of dreadful power.” Looking around at her teammates she continues to speak, “It is good that we are all here together to face her. As for the Alternity Atlas, it is a mystical artifact of unbelievable power. I never knew it was under safe-keeping in Eldrich’s Nexus Sanctum the whole time. She must not be allowed to retrieve it.

Glancing first to Bulwark and then back to Seven, Elizabeth’s tone turns to one of urgency. “What part of the sanctum is she in and how do we get there? She and her allies must be stopped!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"The Nerian Nexus is a space outside space, built across the intersections of reality. It’s… it’s so much larger than it looks, and the rooms drift a bit if you don’t know where you’re going. But if you can keep focused on where you need to be, or what you need to find, it should give you the path to get there. Of course, it’s been deteriorating a little without a Master Mage to control it, so things might get… weird?"

She pauses for a moment.

“Don’t go looking for trouble, or the house will provide it. And be wary. There might still be things trapped inside beyond the trespassers. And if you use up the toilet paper, replace it."
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

A magical thing which might very well be intelligent, would guide you, and was best treated with respect.

Harry unconsciously patted his shield as he listened.

"Is there anybody else in the, uh, house that may need rescuing?" Harry asks.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Else?"

At this moment, everyone realizes she hasn't noticed Sallah on the ground.

"I don't know of anyone else. But there may be other dangerous things held here that may be loose now."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

Evelyn quietly regarded the image of Seven, taking in her the way she responded to the Canadian Shield's question. Turning her head she looked over to Madame Macabre and Silver Phoenix, who were tending to the man. Dark brown eyes lingered the that scene for a few seconds as she raised an eyebrow in their direction. Then she looked back to the image of Seven.

"You asked Sallah to look into the situation in the Nexus. Do you have a means of contacting them, or tracking them down? You seem to be able to sense people within the Nexus to a degree."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[11] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1 (+1 pp)]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created