For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 1
Cnd: Normal
"Want to give it a try?"
Elizabeth continues to walk slowly down the hallway, occasionally glancing between Zyzzak and Bulwark. "It seems plausible that The Nexus has some kind of recording capabilities for security purposes. Whether those are purely magical in nature of have some technological component, I have no idea. How do you propose we locate or access this 'security feed' ?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"As we went over, try 'asking' it, but with conviction." Zyzzak says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

HP: 0

Elizabeth considers Zyzzak's suggestion. She does not feel confident, however. The Nexus is the abode of Adrian Eldrich; and the young mystic has doubts that this magical place will regard her with the same authority. Still, she is willing to try.

As she continues to walk down the hallway, she peers into and through each "window" hoping to see something of note. "I wonder if the Nexus has any memories of the Sorceress Medea?", she says aloud for all to clearly hear. "Wouldn't it be interesting to be a fly on the wall during one of her visits? I should dearly love to see that."
OOC: Elizabeth's "asking" will take the form of an expressed desire (or wish). If this doesn't work then she may try something different after some time has passed. Here is her PRE roll: PRE Roll to Influence the Nexus: 1d20+5 17. So, a 17. That did not work, so she will try again by spending her HP: Re-roll of PRE check: 1d20+5 10. Ok, I rolled a 5, plus my bonus of 5, then the +10 bonus for the HP. That would bring it to exactly 20. Whew! I have deducted the HP.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

As Madame Macabre focuses, the mirror near her begins to get cloudy. Then the clouds fade, and the image shows Medea entering with Dracula, Devil Ray, Sandstone, and Tom Cypress, a green Frankenstein's monster type.

The scene shifts to the library. Devil Ray, Dracula, and Medea are all reviewing books while Sandstone and Tom Cyprus stand around mindlessly. Zyzzak recognizes the books are all from the same area he found the book about the Nexus. In fact, Medea is reading the very same book he did.

The scene shifts again, and they are in a hallway. Medea directs Devil Ray and Dracula to a door. They open it and you see the museum room you encountered them in. Medea and Tom move on while the others enter the room.

Another scene shift, and Medea and Tom appear to be in an observatory. Medea is perusing a book made of copper which matches the description of the Alternity Altas.

The next shift finds Medea and Tom in the same hallway of mirrors the heroes are in now. While Medea is looking through the Alternity Atlas, a black storm cloud pours out of one of the mirrors. It starts moving toward her.

Medea screams and runs down the hall while Tom stays in the path of the cloud. Medea jumps into a mirror. The cloud dissipates and Tom Cypress is gone.

The image pans to look at the mirror Medea jumped through. In it, you see yourselves standing in a field staring back at you in the mirror.

And then you are in the field, and the mirror is gone.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

"This Nexus works in strange ways. Its almost like a bad carnival with good food. Of course, going from a fun house of mirrors to an open field is pretty out there, even for a carnival. You couldn't have asked for teleporting us to the bar or something? Preferably not one staffed by a Lloyd.", quips Luke. He was way out of his depth here. Best to let the magic people or really smart ones deal with this, he figured.

He took in his surroundings for any sign of Medea or Frankenstein. Plus, any way to gauge where they were.
Perception 14, Luke is getting horrible rolls this adventure.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3
Cnd: Healthy

While Elizabeth focus on her task Evelyn looks down the hallway, to the mirrors, then back to the mystic. Her eye rotating between the three zones as she monitors each of them while Madame Macabre makes her attempt to gain the compliance of the Nexus. Noticing some activity from one of the mirrors her attention focuses there. She silently watched the scene play out on the reflective surface. When the team's image reflected in it, though standing in a field, her eyes narrowed. Before she could mount a response they were no longer in the hallway.

Slowly she turned around, her eyes panning over the new setting that she found herself in.

"Are we still in the Nexus?"

After her initial survey of her surroundings Bulwark looked in the direction it seemed that Medea had been facing when she jumped through the mirror.

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[10] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

"Are we still in the Nexus?"
"No...at least I strongly believe that we are not. I do not sense the presence of the mystical entity with which I was interacting in the Nexus. Where we are at is a much more difficult question."

Elizabeth begins to rotate around slowly looking upwards and about. "Where in the cursed Shadowlands are we?"
OOC: Here is Elizabeth's Expertise: Magic/Occult roll to discern our plane of existence: Expertise Roll to Discern Location: 1d20+11 14. So, a total of 14. I don't believe that's gonna cut it.
After taking nearly a minute to look around, the pale woman just shakes her head. "I cannot tell. We are going to have to investigate further to discover where we are and if Medea is here."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3
Cnd: Healthy

"A better view of the area may help. Zyzzak, get some elevation."

Evelyn points her thumb upwards, and gives two quick jerks of her hand to signal the armored scientist. Then she proceeds to perform a coms check. If they didn't have satellite access extending their range to other AEGIS assets, that told them something. Similarly if they couldn't contact the Freedom City team.

"This is Captain Gracen requesting a call back. Do you read?"
OOC wrote:I'd have Evelyn fly up and make a Perception check, but I haven't had the opportunity to readjust her Skills yet. Her Perception is 0 until I do some post mission tweaking.

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[10] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

There is no response to Bullwarks signal. The comms still work short range, but there is no satellite connection and no GPS.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND:
Senses: Radio Sense, Darkvision
EM I/O: X-Ray vision, Extended, Radius
Pattern Array: Comprehend languages.
Defensive: Deflective field
Wrist Emitters: Rocket thrusters

"Ay." Zyzzak acknowledges before his wrist emmitters flare with propulsive force. He switches to radial, magnified, penetrative view as he ascends to map the surrounding area and look for dangers both above and below ground. He'll also look for visual signs for where Medea might've fled.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

Zyzaak spies a very old castle about a mile away. In front of it our soldiers dressed un grey uniforms and a couple of tanks.

The alien doesn't recognize the country of the uniforms.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

He relays what he sees to the others via comms.
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 0 Condition: Normal

"A castle?" Harry asks, "Unlikely we're in Canada then. Any unique features to the castle, or visible markings on the troops or tanks?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Arkite, make a History check to interpret Zyzzak's description.
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 0 Condition: Normal

Harry nods at the description.

"Interesting, I wonder," He muses as he mulls over the details.