AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by Sakuro »

I'm holding off on interjecting to give Cody and Kodiac time to have their talk about the Horde.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Horde Rundown

Czarina - In WW2, Czarina was a spy and infiltrator. She was also Khan's lover. Her body died from their bad suspended animation process, and it's likely she is in a cloned body, which has superpowers.

Dr Jeste - mad scientist type responsible for all of the Horde's tech in the past. He built the Juggernauts and Einherjar, but he is mostly interested in cloning. Like Czarina, his body died and is likely living in a cloned body. His body is enhanced but not as much as Czarina's.

Shapeshifter - There isn't much on him. You only encountered him in the bank and he escaped.

Iron Skull - modern day industrialist, Hannibal Brand, wearing a suit of powered armor. It is unclear how he is connected to the Horde.

Blood Skull - unpowered soldier of fortune, Roger Black. He has been hired by Brand in the past for more seedy work.

Hash - online hacker and technopath who has penetrated some of the top government systems to sell secrets to anyone who would pay. Also employed by Brand regularly.

Einherjar - cyborg-looking beings, though there is nothing alive in them.

Juggernauts - robots that survived through the decades that the Horde members were asleep. They have electrified shell and can fire cold, fire, and shoot lasers out of their eyes. The tech isn't cutting edge anymore.

In the past, you also encountered:

Khan - crazy nihilistic sorcerer. Deals with the nastiest types of magic and was sucked into another dimension at the end of your encounter in the past.

Shogun - samurai type, wearing silver armor. He was Khan's personal bodyguard, though it's unclear how that came to be.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Additionally, all of the Horde members you captured after raiding their bunker were freed by Hash and the Shapeshifter shortly after their capture.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Wait until Kodiak sees the Uncle Roger videos about Jamie Oliver.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I will have to look them up :)
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Gilliam wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:43 pmI will have to look them up :)
Let me help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... He35vbI4SS
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

They were hilarious "no not chilly jam..."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All of his other videos include at least one insult against Jamie Oliver.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I am getting the vibe Uncle Roger is not a fan.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Psychometry isn't something in a necromacer's wheelhouse but is a fairly common bit of magic.

It's not important enough item to cost the PCs anything. The letter was written by Jake, Luke's brother. The in-game clue was the same fuzzy area in the security footage while the letter was delivered as during the cyborg fight, with Jake not appearing in any of the footage of the fight.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The original plan was for Jake to tell Luke. Jake was considering the job, but the mystery employer plus the multiple teams turned him off. So he would give the details of the job to Luke to make up for the mess he made. Without Luke being present, he left it for Bulwark.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

New question, or rather a reminder: Supernaturalist asked about using Macabre's magic (power stunt) to get a postcognitive read on the hand written letter.
Yep...I had not forgotten. At first, Bulwark seemed worried that it might take too much time (especially if Elizabeth was getting involved with contacting the police and analyzing museum video footage). But if some sort of Divination ritual is possible, Elizabeth would certainly be interested in exploring that route.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:06 pm Yep...I had not forgotten. At first, Bulwark seemed worried that it might take too much time (especially if Elizabeth was getting involved with contacting the police and analyzing museum video footage). But if some sort of Divination ritual is possible, Elizabeth would certainly be interested in exploring that route.
Well it's not necessary as I have already provided the info. But if you want to explore it in an interlude, remind me later.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Well it's not necessary as I have already provided the info.
Ah...you did!...sorry.

Elizabeth would like to use any resources magical and non to dredge up any info on the targeted artifacts. Does Elizabeth have her own section of the base where books of arcane importance are stored or does she just have to keep a collection in her room?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

You didn't add a Library to the base yet, so there is nothing on hand for her to research with. She can try to reach out to others, or go and examine the artifacts herself. Someone would need to make serious Diplomacy check to allow her to handle them.

But from her earlier arcane check, she knows they aren't anything special or notable. If they are magical, they are minor items at best.