AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll be able to get a post up tomorrow. Been a little ill lately.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The story will be wrapped up in the next post or so. Just giving everyone a chance to get a final post in.

Everyone gets 3XP for this story.

With us losing 2 players, I have asked Gilliam to join the game. Gilliam is a rock solid roleplayer who I have been in many games with.

So please, everyone give him a warm welcome.
Supernaturalist

kenseido wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:18 pm
With us losing 2 players, I have asked Gilliam to join the game. Gilliam is a rock solid roleplayer who I have been in many games with.

So please, everyone give him a warm welcome.
Sorry to see our other players go, but welcome aboard, Gilliam!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Welcome to the game Gilliam.

Kensiedo, at the beginning of this episode Bulwark was on the phone with her senior officer. The person in charge of AEGIS. They were talking about the PC coming to Freedom City to help out with some issue there. Remind me, did we get confirmation that that was handled/the villians were bested were the issue that needed handling?

MrDent, Evelyn is serious. Luke breached operational security. Then when Evelyn pointed this out to him, rather than acknowledge the validity of the serious issue she brought up, he showed a lack of concern for operational security and mouthed off to Evelyn. Luke is going to be a rogue. That's fine. But in Evelyn's mind the attitude he demonstrated recently is something that needs to change. Post mission Evelyn is going to work to correct that bad behavior. I don't want to get super boot camp drill sergeant on you ... but Luke isn't going to just get away with it. That would only encourage him to perform poorly on future missions.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

After the fight in the trophy room, you were shown what was going on outside. The villains had been stopped and were being taken away.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Thanks for the welcome, I am looking forward to joining this game :)

Now let me introduce Kodiac

Kodiac - PL 10

Artwork is official Bear-Man art for the movie Guardians

Strength 12, Stamina 10, Agility 6, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Animal Empathy, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Unarned, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Luck, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Athletics 4 (+16), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Cooking 4 (+5), Expertise: Wildeness 12 (+13), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 10 (+13), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throwing 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+8)

Powers
Bear Senses: Senses 4 (Acute: Scent, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Scent 1: -1 speed rank)
Bear Size: Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +2 mass ranks; Permanent)
Bear Size: Immunity 2 (Environmental Condition: Heat, Environmental Condition: Cold)
Immunity: Immunity 1 (Aging)
Immunity: Immunity 5 (Damage Effect: Cold)
Power-Lifting: Enhanced Strength 1 (+1 STR; Limited to Lifting [3 extra ranks])
Speed: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 22)
Throw, +6 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 27)

Complications
Accident: Large and heavy Kodiac can break or damage things even when he is trying to be careful.
Motivation: Responsibility: Having worked with the Canadian Shield in Canada, Kodiac tries to live up to his idol's reputation.
Secret: He doesn't remember much about his past. Was he an experiment or lost from his home due to some incident when he was a lot younger.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12/10, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 78 + Powers 21 + Advantages 16 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 156

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Background
Kodiac does remember waking in a snow cave with another man looking over him who kind of grunted and said "I was starting to think you were never going to wake up, the blizzard is still going strong but I have some rations if you are hungry?"

Looking back Kodiac believes he was very lucky that it was the Canadian Shield who found him lying in the snow drift and dragged him into the snow cave as not many people would have had the strength or the courage to move an 8 foot tall bear headed man. Once the storm cleared after a month or 2, Kodiac travelled with the Shield joining forces with other Canadian supers against threats in the North.

After several years Kodiac made his own way before feeling tired found a snow cave in the North and slept for a decade or two.

After waking he decided to track down the Shield learning that he had joined an AEGIS team down at the bottom of the States. Making his way to the Gulf Kodiac discovered that the Shield has already moved on but he decided to stay as a year or two meant nothing to him or to the Shield.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I don't expect Luke to get away with anything. Part of his journey is going from being a conman to properish agent. What Luke thinks and what happens doesn't always align.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

*Thumbs up.* I should have PMed you instead of calling you out in the OOC. For that I apologize.

Gillian, is this character inspired by the character you played in Extreme Unction?
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Maybe :) to be honest I am having trouble remembering the character from Extreme Unction.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

He was a Jewish WWII era bear-man. I think his powers were the product of one of the major antagonists experimenting on him. He had a big family. In the last couple time periods we played through one of his descendants was leader of the world's major super-team.

EDIT:
Concerning the 3 PP we gained, I'll put that into 6 ranks of Perception. So weird that I forgot about that at character creation.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:49 pm He was a Jewish WWII era bear-man. I think his powers were the product of one of the major antagonists experimenting on him. He had a big family. In the last couple time periods we played through one of his descendants was leader of the world's major super-team.
I thought that was Stavaros.
Sakuro wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:49 pm Concerning the 3 PP we gained, I'll put that into 6 ranks of Perception. So weird that I forgot about that at character creation.
Approved
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

kenseido wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:49 pm
Sakuro wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:49 pm He was a Jewish WWII era bear-man. I think his powers were the product of one of the major antagonists experimenting on him. He had a big family. In the last couple time periods we played through one of his descendants was leader of the world's major super-team.
I thought that was Stavaros.
Thats right it was Stavaros' character, I enjoyed following that game as the concept of the heroes sleeping in status for decades at a time was unique.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Right. Stavaros. Not many heroic bear-men running around. Got mixed up.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Director Parrish isn't talking to Madame Macabre, it's the man in the tuxedo that wants to chat with her.
Supernaturalist

kenseido wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:54 pm Director Parrish isn't talking to Madame Macabre, it's the man in the tuxedo that wants to chat with her.
Yep, I got that confused. I'll edit Elizabeth's post.