AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

You can throw an object, but it is a targeted attack using the Thrown attack bonus.

Damaging allows you to apply damage with the effect directly with the effect. It's hard to effectively translate since Move Object is built as ranged strength minus the damage effect. Since strength does not have AoE, there is no direct correlation for what you are trying to do.

By rule, you would need to power stunt a Damage AoE for the effect you are trying to create.

Otherwise, you would need to first rip apart the metal and then throw the pieces as two standard actions, and the first would require a Transform or Move Object with Damaging
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I don't see why ripping metal apart would be needed if there is more than one metal object in the area ... and my Effect isn't just Move Object. It has Shapeable Area. Allowing Evelyn to handle multiple objects at once. That is the entire reason for giving Move Objects an Area Extra. That aside, Evelyn could pick up a large object and use that for an Area Attack. Such as the two vehicles.

It is your ruling to make, but I see at least a couple options for Evelyn to use her Powers to deal out damage over an area. Pick up large objects and smash. Pick up a mass of small objects and pent people with them in a storm of metal.

If neither the barrage of small object nor using a large object for an AoE sit right with you, I'll have Evelyn throw a single object at one of the cyborgs.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yes, you can lift metal in an area. If you want to throw a large object as an "area" attack it follows the same rule as using Create to snare; Dodge save negates damage completely, not just reduces to half. Even if you are using a bunch of smaller objects, they still get the Dodge save for no damage.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I am good it functioning the same as Create, a successful Dodge check negating the Damage. My post has been edited to take that into account.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

How far way is the rocket?
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Specifically why are you asking? I am not going to get bogged down in the ranks and measures table, which is quite possibly the worst thing about 3e.

They are moving at Speed 10, but science says you don't go from 0 to max speed instantly. The lifted off at the end of last round, so they aren't "very far" away now, but if you don't do something this round, they will effectively escape.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Just trying to get my options straight (and I understand anything I attempt is at -2):
1) Can I get up to it for a touch to try to convince the rocket to shut off or change course?
2) Can I target the Engines with a Plasma Bolt?
3) Can I get up to try a fusion cut to try to disable the rocket or the jam the guidance system so they have to run a predictable course?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

1. You would need to be inside the rocket.
2. You would need to use your repulsor rockets to reach it and you can only change an Array once.
3. Same as 2.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Okay can Zyzzak get up to the rocket and try the Technology skill to jam the flaps so it can't change course as easily?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

There would be a extreme difficulty since you are rushing (it would normally take more than a round) and also since you are both moving very fast and you can't match it's speed. Probably DC35.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

That'd need a natural 20 to succeed. May I spend Zyzzak's last HP to have a remote tracker on him, have him get to the rocket and place it?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

No. It would get disabled by Hash almost instantly so I wont let you waste the HP.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thanks for the honesty.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Please let me know if you want a roll for that action.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

It's fine.

For the record, the Horde is going to be ongoing villains in this game, in their various forms. This isn't one shot villains.