AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by Sakuro »

Waypoints are what Evelyn is pointing out. So that Elizabeth is prepared and won't have to look around as much. Teleport to cover. Get line of sight on another patch of cover. Teleport again. Repeat until we're in position on the east side of the castle.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I added the Insight roll to Madame Macabre's last post.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

You interpreted that Zyzzak got a lot more information from:
Zyzzak

Zyzaak spies a very old castle about a mile away. In front of it our soldiers dressed un grey uniforms and a couple of tanks.

The alien doesn't recognize the country of the uniforms.
than I did. But I'm glad that worked out.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I assumed you gave a description of the uniforms and answered questions about the details without actually knowing what any of the symbols meant. Logically speaking, most of the other PCs would recognize the Nazi symbols, but only Shield would be able to recognize the authenticity.
Supernaturalist

I would assume that Bulwark would prioritize concealment over proximity to the wall (and towers). Certainly Elizabeth would prefer that. So, If there are rock outcroppings, trees, or any other objects that would hide the team (even if it places us more than one turn of teleport-movement away), then I would assume that is better.

That being said, Bulwark chose some point for a final teleport destination. If Elizabeth had any doubt as to its "hiddenness", then she would have questioned it.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

That is what the Insight check was for, choosing the best cover from all three towers to teleport to. The distance affects the lookouts rolls to see something. It also affects how long it takes to reach the men in the towers.

After the teleport, everyone will be using their own Stealth checks.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

About 120 ft. seems good. Shield, the slowest of the three Stealthers, could get into one of the towers in a round or two with an Athletics check. Just make sure Elizabeth herself appears literally behind something when she teleports in. So there is a physical barrier blocking line of sight.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Was each of the three going to a different point, or were all three going to one point? If its centered on the three, the two side towers have a different view and need different cover. Also, they would be more than 120 feet (or you would be closer to the center).

Edit: Also, Silver Phoenix doesn't have an easy way of getting 60 feet up. Shield can make an Athletics check to Leap higher, but Silver Phoenix doesn't have any Leaping.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

One person for each of the three towers. Since Macabre has to teleport people in one at a time ... 120 ft. from each person's target tower.

EDIT:
Luke and Evelyn can be brought in further back. Say,900 ft. out from the wall. Or within line of sight. Whichever is closer. Central-ish.
Last edited by Sakuro on Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Concerning Phoenix's scaling the wall: I'm willing to have Evelyn use a HP for some climbing gear for Phoenix, or to use Leadership and counter a Power Stunt's Fatigue. That way she can stunt Wall Crawling or Leap. Up to TattooedMan how they would like to handle that.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

kenseido wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:40 pm Edit: Also, Silver Phoenix doesn't have an easy way of getting 60 feet up. Shield can make an Athletics check to Leap higher, but Silver Phoenix doesn't have any Leaping.
We could get Harry to give her the old shield launch.
Harry holds shield overhead, Phoenix jumps on and he gives her a good push upwards.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Except they are going to be at completely different towers, quite far from each other.

Also, you aren't covering 60 feet altitude with that.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Harry has 12 Strength. He can launch someone into the stratosphere. Though putting that kind of muscle behind something wouldn't make for a fun landing.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sakuro wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:09 pmHarry has 12 Strength. He can launch someone into the stratosphere. Though putting that kind of muscle behind something wouldn't make for a fun landing.
Right I keep forgetting. I keep comparing it mentally to that scene in Avengers and Steve isn't that strong.

In any case, according to the plan, they are starting at different points, and they are on the farthest two towers from each other.
Supernaturalist

So, I 'm a tad confused. Did we agree that the final teleport point is going to be 120' past the far wall?