AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by Sakuro »

Yes, that was posted in the wrong thread.

Evelyn would prefer it, though you guys wouldn't want Bulwark in Vegas. She'd make things more difficult for you.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

kenseido wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:23 pmThe necromancer is able to understand enough of Zyzzak's explanation to ask the necessary questions for her to understand how the Nexus generally works.
Maybe I wasn't clear, but this means Madame Macabre can make a PRE check, DC20 to try and influence the Nexus.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am refunding Supernaturalist's HP since I really don't want to send you thru a bunch of different mirrors trying to track her down.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

kenseido wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:17 am I am refunding Supernaturalist's HP since I really don't want to send you thru a bunch of different mirrors trying to track her down.
Thanks! I'll add it back in Elizabeth's next post. :D
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Elizabeth doesn't have any Sense power that detects magic, but would she be able to use her Expertise: Magic/Occult skill to possible glean whether the team is in some pocket dimension/universe connected to the Nexus of if we are in a purely non-magical location?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Elizabeth can tell she is outside the Nexus because she doesn't sense the "presence" in the Nexus she was influencing.

As for another dimension, that is trickier. Dimensional physics isn't her wheelhouse. Like asking a biology teacher to perform heart surgery. You can make a check, but the DC is high.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am sorry, Flynarrel; but after this story is finished, you will need to drop the Penetrating Vision. Too many story-breaking moments.

Edit: I originally said Arkite, who is on my brain right now for a different reason.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Without Accurate, Elizabeth needs to be able to visualize her target location for Teleport.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cellphones are insecure and not part of your AEGIS gear. Only one person has one actually listed on their sheet.

Plus, I think Bulwark want to build a battle plan on the map, completely undoable with a photo on a tiny screen.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I assumed the PCs had basics like cell phones, albeit insecure. I will note that Luke would not have any of his equipment on him except maybe comm link(probably not even that) since he got up from watching a cheesy movie and kicking back.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I dont have a problem with PCs having basic cell phones. Several members are suited up, and they probably dont take cell phones with them in costume since they have secure commlinks.

Not sure Madame Macabre would have been carrying her cell phone while setting up wards in the HQ.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zyzzak can show the images on the cellphone, Bulwark can still draw out a full plan based on those images on the ground.
Seems easy enough.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Seems redundant. Don't care.

I am actually surprised though, Arkite. Didn't think Harry would have more than a flip phone.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I had a revelation at one point which amused me.
Why is the golden age hero the one who doesn't know technology? When so many of those stories involve aliens, mad science, time travel to the far future, encounters with advanced races.

Wouldn't it be funny if the golden age hero had issues with modern technology because it's actually behind the curve to what he's used to?

But in this case his (great) grandchildren were the ones who selected his phones. Learning how to use them is bonding time with the little ones, who get to show great grandpa how to do stuff :D
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I didn't think Madam Macabre could visualize for teleport purposes based off a stick picture drawn in the dirt.
"Something pithy this way comes."