AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

I am going to wait and see if anyone else has any ideas before responding.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Arkite captured what I'd have Luke post. It seems we are missing a key bit of info related to the undecipherable book.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The undecipherable book isn't relevant to the puzzle. More specifically, it doesn't add any more information to the "puzzle" above what you have already been given.

I will also note that only 2 people tried to find specific books on any of the topics you have expressed interest in, and they both rolled below 10.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I want to add that getting out of the library isn't dependent on a skill check or finding the right book. There are books that can help you in this story, but none are necessary.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The Nexus is compromised. Powerful villains are on the loose. In Evelyn's mind we don't have time to sit down and do research. We need to get going and get the job done before awful things happen. If this were an amicable visit to the Nexus, she'd be fine with reading books at everyone's leisure.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

And that's fine. The story isn't dependent on you reading any books.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'd get a post up for Luke, but not sure what else he can contribute except some wise cracks given his piss poor rolls. Charming the library didn't work and attacking it with ice probably isn't smart, so that rules out his two strong suits.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I know some of you are thinking that the mansion - and by association the library - is somewhat sentient and capable of independent thought and action. That is not the case.

It is more like a sophisticated computer program with simulated AI, rather than actual sentience. It has specific parameters it will work within.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Only things I noticed so far is that getting about is contingent on thinking really hard about the place, the library knows the sort of books people might like, and it likes things being tidy. So, I'm probably missing something obvious.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah, there are two ways out of the library, and I am starting to think you all aren't willing to do either one of them.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It's not so much a matter of willing as much as right now me personally having no idea what they are.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, I just have no idea what else to do.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

If the library really liked things tidy, there wouldn't have been books on the tables when you arrived, and books wouldnt have been allowed to fall on the floor.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, which is why I was assuming the puzzle to escape was related to the three books somehow.
Except everything we tried resulted in a negative.

Metagaming, based on what you've said, I'm getting the feeling we were supposed to have done some research on things while in here.
But based on the story we're racing a super powered magic user to a magical item which will make them unstoppable, spending a few hours in a library reading seems to be a thematically poor idea. Everything thus far indicated we were in a rush and shouldn't be messing around.

Honestly I have no idea of what else we were supposed to do here, everything I've come up with has been wrong.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Arkite captured my confusion. Is the intent that the PCs be willing to sacrifice time to research and hope Medea doesn't get super powerful while they read through books?

If it helps, I'll spend a hp for gm inspiration.