These tanks are tough
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by Arkrite »

Damn these realistic tanks ;~)
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Of course. We're all ready to move on to the final battle, so the Dice Gods are building the suspense.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Realism in a game where a fist can be as powerful as a light pistol. Bah I say.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Supernaturalist, you might want to take the free round to explain to the others any details first. As soon as she starts her counter ritual, combat starts.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

My last post has been edited with extra dialogue in order to clarify what Elizabeth believes should be done.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark's readied action can only be to defend one of them. They are too far apart to watch them both for all the possible lines of attack.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I changed my mind. Since Interpose can do it, and I allow PCs without Interpose to use a Standard action to interpose for that round, you can use a Standard action this way.

However, it will only provide a cover bonus. And it's possible you could be forced to break their line of sight from certain attacks. For Madame Macabre, she has to start over.

For Medea, it's game over.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The shield that can stop anything vs the sword that can cut anything.

Anybody else getting the urge to play Suikoden 2?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I want to remind everyone that actual knowledge of the Horde during this time is limited. The Horde were not active supporters of the Nazis or the war. They worked in this area and provided token support for the Nazis to be left alone. The Nazis, in turn provided token support to them, evidenced by the minimal support the troops outside the castle had.

There were very few actual encounters with Allied forces and the Horde. And they mysteriously disappeared one day.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Kensiedo wrote:Bulwark's readied action can only be to defend one of them.

I changed my mind. Since Interpose can do it, and I allow PCs without Interpose to use a Standard action to interpose for that round, you can use a Standard action this way.
A cover bonus is not worth a possible "game over" scenario. My post will receive some edits, if you are alright with that, a bit later in the day/evening.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

It's not necessary to post. I have already rolled initiative. I was just giving a few people a chance to react, but technically as soon as she started her ritual, Elizabeth initiated combat.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Arkite, do you remember that Interpose can now be done within a Move action of the target, you no longer have to be adjacent.

I would also remind you that the Juggernauts have Area Attacks.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

If anything that seems like a really good reason not to draw the Juggernaut's attentions.

And based on the last two encounters: short of a really good roll I don't think I'd be taking one out in the first round, so if they AOE this adventure is over anyways. And if I draw even one of them over in that direction it's game over.

Punching the things that can shock me simply by getting hit sounds like a good way of not having an action to use to interpose.

Besides, I've punched out the last three of these things, I really think it ought to be the ranged people's turn to shoot these things.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

If you dont want to punch one of the robots, that's fine. One is defenseless, but thats not a guaranteed one-shot kill. There are three other opponents as well.

You aren't required to attack anyone. But if you aren't, you can use your Standard action for some other purpose.