2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: 2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I feel bad, and I am sad to see this go.

But right now I am too frazzled (another unexpected double shift, then straight into holiday prep) to be able to accurately express anything coherent.

Sorry.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I did run a year long campaign so I wasn't completely inexperienced but I think there was a mismatch maybe. In pbp especially nuance is challenging and there were definitely times when what I presented in the story was interpreted in ways that suprised the heck out of me.

I bear no ill will towards anyone and genuinely appreciate feedback I was given even if I did not agree with all of it.

I am sure I will see you all around the boards and maybe even join you in a game or two, especially if I make myself buy 3rd ed. ;). Go and save the world.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Okay, I've cleared my head a bit, and I THINK I can be a bit more coherent in expressing myself. Here Goes:

1. First and foremost, thank you to the GM. This was an interesting idea, and I felt that my expectations were pretty much in line with how things were going, allowing for the always present "Start of Game" roughness where a new group is feeling things out. Definitely not a letdown (except to lose the game) and quite worth the effort of dusting off my 2e material and skills. (Plus, I'm now reading a book which has lots of Houston references which make more sense after the research I did for this)

2. Thank you also to the other players- I've seen or interacted with you in other games here, and it is always an honor to be in a game with such top notch storytellers/players/posters. I'll still be lurking in the Imperator and Aegis Squad threads.

3. I'm really sorry that my ongoing RL struggles were a bit of a drag, and I very much apologize if it seemed like I was whining or if I was bringing anyone down (or being a drag on the game). I hope that that wasn't the case, but I can't help but thinking that played a part.

>In summary, thank you all so much for what gaming we did get. And again, Sorry (whether you think I need to say it or not, I think I need to say it).