The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

Post by Tony Jones »

Damn that inconvenient traffic, need to find somewhere to turn around, etc. etc.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

We can't drive to the weidner. We had to hike an hour to get from the car to their house, didn't we? If they call us in, the only way to get there is Lilly's teleport.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

The thought is to drive back to where we parked for our hike in, to give the shortest possible teleport distance without getting away from the car (so if the Weidners DON'T need us, we can head back without delay).
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I personally think were-bear would be the dominate or most common lycanthrope in Alaska. Outside of the major cities, it'd probably be a welcome relief to have one or more in the community, considering the very real dangers in the villages and such that can only be reached by boat, plane or dog-sled face. You probably also have were-shark along the coast, along with merrow and mer-people of various sorts and of course selkies (or the Alaskan equivalent).
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I don't think it's been mentioned before in-game, but does Lilly have a Spezieller EinbürgerungsBescheid since she's started working for the Ministry? She certainly didn't have one living on the streets prior to that...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yes, the Ministry would make sure Lilly gets one.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Cool, thanks!

Another question as well. It took us about an hour to walk from the car park to the Weidner's house as I recall, and we're back in the car park now. So I guess the house must be quite close by. Within 8 km say? Just working out power stunts if we need to get there quickly, and how much teleport Lilly would need...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yeah, 8 km sounds about right. Of course, since it's a hiking trail, it's not a straight route but that does not concern your teleportation, fortunately.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Less than 8 km in a straight line is good for me! That just makes it 2 ranks of Extended Teleport.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy has Detect Force disturbance, ranged 2. It probably should be ranged, extended range 1.

You can use a sense that normally has no range (taste or touch in humans) to make Perception checks at range,
with the normal –1 per 10 feet modifier. This can be enhanced with the Extended Sense effect.

For extended range:
You have a sense that operates at greater than normal range. Your range with the sense—the distance used
to determine penalties to your Perception check—is increased by a factor of 10. Each additional time you apply
this option, your range increases by an additional factor of 10, so 1 rank means you have a –1 to Perception checks per 100 feet, 2 ranks makes it –1 per 1,000 feet, and so on.
An extended sense may be limited by conditions like the horizon and physical barriers between you and the subject, unless it also Penetrates Concealment.

Battle Init
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Is everything okay?

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yes. I am still waiting for a response to my question. See the above post, please.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I'm a bit confused then! Do you mean this?

//Don't have the book with me, what is the range of her detection in feet?

But which 'her' do you mean? And what do you mean by detection range? As written any sense has an unlimited range, it's just at some point the minuses to perception get so much that you have no chance of spotting anything. I think my OOC on the range of Lilly's hearing applies to Amy's Detect Force Disturbance too. Essentially that the Weidner's house is so far away that unless something happens that gives big pluses to Perception than we won't notice it.
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Ahh, here is the right entry for Detect, it doesn't need extended 1.

You can sense a particular item or effect by touch with a Perception check. Detect has no range and only indicates the presence or absence of something (being neither acute nor accurate). Choose what sense type your Detect falls under (often mental). For 2 ranks you can detect things at range (with the normal –1 per 10 feet modifier to your Perception check).

Perception
In general, you have a –1 circumstance penalty to Perception checks for every 10 feet between you and what trying to perceive. So hearing a noise from 50 feet away is a –5 modifier to your Perception check, for example. The GM usually makes Perception checks secretly so you don’t know whether there was nothing to notice or you simply failed to notice it.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Okay. You are not close enough to notice anything near the Weidners' place, at least when you stay in the car.