The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

An exciting day, certainly.

I'm kind of hoping the GM just has Torque do an NPC cameo to handle the tech crunch.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Sorry for the slowness at the moment. I'm on holiday and trying to cut down on my screentime for a couple of days. Regular posting will resume on Monday at the latest.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

The main strength and defense of a gofer is anonymity and ordinariness. Like I said though, if people aren't keen on that idea, Amy's friends and associates could maybe help. I mean, she does have some weird ones, especially since she's staying at the Temple of light in Berlin. :twisted:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:26 am Sorry for the slowness at the moment. I'm on holiday and trying to cut down on my screentime for a couple of days. Regular posting will resume on Monday at the latest.
Downtime can be a good thing. Enjoy your break.

The current adventure has already spanned something like 70 pages, so I can use the time to go back over and check some stuff.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Lol. So true! :)

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

>Okay, a bit of a recap, since I had time to chew through our plotline:

1. It isn't a surprise we are hazy on some details. The current storyline runs about seventy pages of posts, and closing in on a year-and-a-half of RL time (started in August 2021).

2. We are probably due for a bit of a break/downtime/sleep time IC. So far all of the events have been in the same day- with the meeting with the Weidners happening around 4pm. Then dealing with Moller, Wiki, and Fleshsmith- and running them out of town, at least for now. Then dealing with the Lodge of the Field wolves (and meeting Beowulf. Then Amy going weapon shopping, leading into meeting Beowulf again (this time in town). Then leading into dealing with the guy we just chased off.

Either we are currently operating as part of the local nightlife, or there was a scene break somewhere that we forgot because we've been on the thread so long.

My personal suggestion would be that we went back into town after the Lodge of the Field encounter (which would have been close to nightfall at the earliest) and did dinner and sleep. Then we could say that Amy and Lilly's shopping was next morning and the "go to the burger place with Beowulf" we have on tap would be lunch. Otherwise it is something on the order of a midnight snack, and we will REALLY need some sleep after that.

Does this sound workable to everyone? Especially the GM?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yeah, that can't be one day starting from 4 pm.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Recap Part 2:

1. After arriving in town we did a little scouting, to get the general overview.
-Then meeting with Weidners and first drone sighting. (4PM)
-Then part-way back to town, pause while Moller approached the Weidners and was warned off- he tried to leave a hidden camera, but the Weidners were warned, so they probably dealt with that.
-Then actually back into town, some more scouting. Located Moller, Wiki, and Fleshsmith. Got the drones and Fleshsmith busted- Adeleth grabbed their computer and hid it for later. In the aftermath, Fleshsmith absorbed his drones, and Moller, Wiki, and Fleshsmith all left town separately, though their communications indicated that the job was still on. (Presumably we need to watch for them coming back)
-Then some more scouting. Amy/Lilly pick up something bad outside of town.
-Drive out into the forest. Deal with the Lodge of the Field and their ritual. Assisted by local forest deity (and her "assistant" Chesire Cat) and Beowulf.
-Manage to not get eaten by pack of werewolves. Turn over scene to local authorities. Back into town.

(Suggested dinner and sleep break)

-Amy and Lilly out on the town for weapon shopping and church visits.
-Beowulf arrives in town and creates a (relatively small) scene.
-Lilly's overwatch (or overlisten, I guess) picks up another potential troublemaker in local park. Chased him off- not sure how far (waiting on Lilly's tailing result), but we have his laptop, and his picture has been passed to the local police, Interpol, and the Ministry. Also waiting to see if his laptop locked up, or we can examine it.

(Current point)
>Next up:
-Meet back up with Beowulf for a burger (either lunch or midnight snack, depending)
-If laptop is locked, see if we can crack it (possible but unlikely). Just curiosity really. Then secure it with the other one that Adeleth poached from Fleshsmith (last seen phased into a secure bolthole near the building they were operating in). If Hagen can send a techie to look at them, bonus (as noted maybe a guest scene for Torque as an NPC, since he is already a known Ministry agent with appropriate abilities, including the ability to travel safely). Even if we can't crack then, we want them where they do the bad guys no good.
-Depending on overnight break suggestion, either (1) go to sleep or (2) go about our second day in town. Sweep for return of Moller, Wiki, or Fleshsmith (or more drones). Proceed with investigation/ overwatch. Wait for further dispatch from the Weidners or Hagen (or interface with local authorities if they need anything from us).

>Anything else, anyone?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy can call on her network of friends and mutual associates to see if they can get somebody to crack the laptops if Hagen can't send a techie. There's bound to be someone local that's trustworthy.

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

At this point, I wouldn't worry too much about the laptops (either one). Most important point is that we have them and the original users don't- and that they are secured someplace away from us, so they can't be used to track or spy on us. If it is next day, Maybe Adeleth can check to make sure the first one is still secured. They may be more useful to the Ministry in a long-term analysis sense.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I will point out that Adeleth has Tech skill of +15. She isn't specialized in being "the tech gal". But she can attempt the password bypass if we wanted to do that. (She also has Deception +15 so she could be lying about the tech skill. :) )
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Lol. At least we have options! :) Amy is a very casual tech user. More or less, she pushes the button to see what it'll do. So she'd be absolutely no help in that regard, other than to get somebody to do it for her. :twisted:

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:19 pm I will point out that Adeleth has Tech skill of +15. She isn't specialized in being "the tech gal". But she can attempt the password bypass if we wanted to do that. (She also has Deception +15 so she could be lying about the tech skill. :) )
Yeah, the "possible but unlikely" was based on Adeleth's Tech score with Viv providing assist/Teamwork. But trying to crack a password without specialized gear or social engineering is tough. If it locked when he closed it up, we may be better off just shutting it down (to prevent remote access) and stowing it, unless Adeleth plans to spend her whole day working on it, for what might be no meaningful gain. As noted, especially for this one, best part is we have it, he doesn't.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:44 pm Yeah, the "possible but unlikely" was based on Adeleth's Tech score with Viv providing assist/Teamwork. But trying to crack a password without specialized gear or social engineering is tough. If it locked when he closed it up, we may be better off just shutting it down (to prevent remote access) and stowing it, unless Adeleth plans to spend her whole day working on it, for what might be no meaningful gain. As noted, especially for this one, best part is we have it, he doesn't.
That's real life. This is a comic book. :) The DC to defeat a Windows Login Password shouldn't be higher than 20 or 25. :)

Code: Select all

SECURITY LEVELS
DC    SECURITY EXAMPLE
10    Simple lock or home alarm system
15    Quality lock or home alarm system
20    Business and corporate security ****
25    High security: branch bank vault, museum ****
30    Very high security: bank headquarters vault, medium prison
35    Maximum security: highly secure prison
40    Super-max security: super-prison
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Also a point. :) Amy will happily leave it up to Viv and Adeleth.

Battle Init