The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I just figure we're running at the "DC of Plot", where the DC is proportionate to whatever we get from hitting it- so, if it is really useful, the DC will be sky high, and we are only PL 6, after all.

Is fine- we get what we get (or don't). We've got bigger wolves to fry than some hired recon dude.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:31 pm I just figure we're running at the "DC of Plot", where the DC is proportionate to whatever we get from hitting it- so, if it is really useful, the DC will be sky high, and we are only PL 6, after all.
I hope not. The DC should be set based on who the laptop's owner is and whether or not they can make it more secure than an off the shelf laptop. If it's just an equipment level laptop, the DC should be within the expectation range of the players. What good is having skills if the DCs are set based on whether or not it's the right to receive the information?

If it is important, to the GM, that something not fall into the players hands, you don't put it somewhere players have hands at all.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Tech is essentially black magic to Lilly, so she has little to contribute on that front at the moment. She'll just be keeping an ear on the guy Adeleth took it from.

Though I suppose her developing Comprehend Machines at some point in the future, alongside all her other Comprehend powers, isn't entirely out of the question...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I'll keep machines off of Amy's list. After all, machines and computers generally aren't apart of the Force.

"Tech is essentially black magic to Lilly"
Well, in her defense, some of it really is black magic in the Merge 'Verse.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

First off, thanks for being patient with me while I had my break.
Second: Yes, we can retcon that you actually had a decent night's sleep in between meeting back up with a one-armed Beowulf.
Third: As stated in the IC, for a Hero Point you could edit the scene to make sure his laptop hasn't locked when he closed it.
Fourth: There are indeed evil machines in the Merged Universe. From Darkside-infused machines (yes, those existed in the Expanded Universe) to Dark Tech from the Mutant Chronicles or Dark Conspiracy universes or even just possessed computers...there is a whole lot of darkness hidden between the mainframes and electrodes of the world now...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Not to mention the stuff from World of Darkness like from Pentex. Some of that is pretty nasty.
And welcome back! We all need some downtime. :lol:

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

With only one HP in hand, I don't think it is worth it in this case. As noted, we have it, he doesn't.

If it is locked, Viv will still turn it off once she has looked it over- much harder for them to remote in if it is powered down.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hey, can Lilly project sounds as well as Receive them? Ie. can she "speak in" on the phone call, by throwing her voice right near the phone?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

If she can't maybe a hero point for it?

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly can't project sounds at the moment. I am considering it for the future, so a power stunt would be OK. What sort of thing were you thinking of?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

My thought would be thus (and I'll make an IC post shortly, suggesting it):

Lilly, can you project your voice, or mine, so that it sounds like we're right by the phone? So the person on the other end can hear it? If you can, then say "What your friend forgot to tell you, Mr. Tuskel, is that the people who tagged him announced themselves as government agents, and his activity and yours have been forwarded to the local police, Interpol, and the Ministry, as well as the Weidners. We also have his laptop, and our technopath is looking forward to examining it. Very simply- stay out of town."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

How long will Lilly's power stunt last by the way? Hopefully the whole scene, otherwise she'll be quickly incapacitating herself if she's not careful!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yes, the scene.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So does Germany have any kind of remand laws, or anything like "protective custody"? ie, can we have the police just detain this guy for a day or two without a specific charge? Or "for his own protection"? Might save his life...

Otherwise I'm thinking of having someone (probably Lilly, since she has the best mobility) just openly follow him until he gets the hint.

Will post something IC soon-ish.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Germany does, but you would need at least somewhat credible evidence that a grievous crime will likely be committed if the person remains at large.