An Alternate New 52 (fantasy booking)

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
NoOneofConsequence

Re: An Alternate New 52 (fantasy booking)

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:55 pm How about Jason Todd(Red Hood) in Earth:Noir or Gothic?
I think he would work well there, even though some of the idea of Batman: The Dark Knight is that Bruce is a little younger than his other versions (sort of like in Year One). I'm also not sure something like the Lazarus Pit would exist in Earth Noir.
He'd be an interesting foil for Nightwing in his Iron Age 90s earth. It also occurs to me that he'd be an interesting subject for a Legends of the DC Universe story in which he returns from the dead only to find that Batman and the Joker are both long dead and mostly forgotten.
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)
MacynSnow

Re: An Alternate New 52 (fantasy booking)

Post by MacynSnow »

NoOneofConsequence wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:01 am
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:55 pm How about Jason Todd(Red Hood) in Earth:Noir or Gothic?
I think he would work well there, even though some of the idea of Batman: The Dark Knight is that Bruce is a little younger than his other versions (sort of like in Year One). I'm also not sure something like the Lazarus Pit would exist in Earth Noir.
He'd be an interesting foil for Nightwing in his Iron Age 90s earth. It also occurs to me that he'd be an interesting subject for a Legends of the DC Universe story in which he returns from the dead only to find that Batman and the Joker are both long dead and mostly forgotten.
That's why for Noir, just make everyone THINK he "died"(building exploded before he could get there, so there was no way to ID the bodies). The "Ambiques Death" was used occasionally in the Noir genre, after all. :)

The 90's Earth idea would definitely fit him better, taunting Dick with the "I was the better Robin than you ever were..." lines. And making him lead in a Legends of the DC Universe mini-series would definitely fit the character(he's not popular enough for an Ongoing, but he's fine for a maxi or mini-series run).