Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Bearrage AT (prime):
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:40 am "I'm thinkin' yer right. Best make sure it in't something that'll cause people trouble later, or burn down the forest or somethin'. I'll stick with th' cart, but send a signal if you need my help with it. Maybbe one of yer birds?" she looks to Moira.
"I can do you one better, I think." Moira says chipperly. "How about I put an anchorpoint of a Bridge here. If we need your help I'll just complete the Bridge where ever we are and you'll be able to see through it, even throw an electric bolt from Ampere if the situation warrants. And if we don't need help we can always use to return from this little diversion. It does risk Haunts or even an Abomination but it could be worth it. What are your guy's thoughts?"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

"I reckon it sounds like yer thinkin' with portals." the experienced hunter smirks. "Makes for a good signal too. Gate pops up and I hear fightin', I'll charge on through!"
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd
AT: 4 || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd guards.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Fire and explosives don't really... Mix." Ericka spoke hesitantly, before choosing to leave Tectus behind. Without hesitating to confirm with the others she brought fourth her kukri's partner to it's sheath.

Cunning, T1: 1 success
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Bearrage AT (prime):

She readies her sling, then concentrates of infusing Bearrage's claws with Bridging.
She draws and lets loose a sling stone in one fluid movement.
And, for redundancy, the Bear rears back and swipes at it.
If it hits (or if the Haunt is destroyed already, the strike leaves the shimmering plane of a not-yet-realized portal in the wake of a possibly destroyed Haunt.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

If needed, or if his readied action goes off before Moira or the bear's, Lloyd strikes down in a devastating arc with Heartwood.
Spoiler
Attack: 9d6=3, 4, 2, 1, 6, 6, 4, 6, 1 33 3 successes
Hidden in case it decides to defend.
If the Haunt is destroyed and the Anchorpoint set, Lloyd will suggest they follow the tracks (mostly by looking at the others, gesturing to the tracks, and starting to walk along them).
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Bearrage AT (prime):

Moira and the spell-charged Bearrage follow. She keeps her sling at the ready in case of trouble and her sighting goggles are down to help look for trouble and tracks.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
Sharpness on Chelydra : 2 left
Auto-Buckler : 4 uses left
Pheromone Dispenser : 1 empty and 1 full vial in device

Sashura checked to make sure the pheromone dispenser was working properly - the last thing she wanted was
for it to leak and attract a Deceiver that was on fire. Her armor was good against slashes and pokes, not so much against
flames.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog finds himself a nice position, not near the front of the group, but not at the back of the group.
After nearly getting eaten and blown up, he felt the middle of the pack was probably the safest place to hide.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The group heads on through the woods following the tracks, primed for anything to jump out at them. It doesn't take too long before they come across some manner of ravaged cow carcass, sporting its own charring as if parts of it had been on fire, the meat cooked in places. Obviously it was dragged here by whatever killed it, but like the singed tracks, this kill is fairly old, a day at least, with the tracks carrying on into a deeper part of the woods that it probably wouldn't be safe to try and follow. Getting lost might not be a problem with Moira's bridging power, but getting ambushed could still have lethal consequences.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage

"I'll send Raptage up." Moira says invoking her transmutation magics. "If there aren't any active forest fires or if there are no towns in the direction it's headed we might want to head back to Willow rather than chase this thing. I've heard of deceiver hunts like this lasting a week or more."

She sends the bird totem up, channeling her senses through it to look out for active trouble.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While Moira sent Raptage up ahead, Ericka busied herself by checking her malumeter. She didn't think it'd give her the best warning unless it was suspiciously good at sneaking around, but it paid to be cautious.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ericka's malumeter gives the barest blip of a response, as though there is only the barest hint of corruption in the instrument's range, perhaps faded with time.

Through Raptage, Moira sees no concerning amounts of smoke that would indicate a forest fire. She can see a few wispy streamers of smoke that would indicate a village, or maybe a hunting camp. Hard to say from above the canopy. Either way, it's still far off, and not in the direction you have been traveling.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"Don't like leaving enemy about. But we watch more in future." Lloyd says resting on a nearby stump while the two ladies checked into things.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage

"No fires." Moira reports, her eyes silvered over as they are displaced through her scout's. "We're probably okay to continue on to Petram though I do see... a small village or camp, maybe, not where we're heeded though. We can ask Willow about it. Lemme bring Raptage back and finish that portal back to the cart." she says Letting out a loud whistle to recall the feathered totem.

When Raptage returns, unless there's dissent, Raptage pecks at the ground calling the completing portal into being.

"Coming back." Moira will call through before looking through the portal to see if it's clear (and not on fire or anything). If it's clear, she'll step through with Raptage.