For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 7 Health: 6
Raptage AT: 4>2 Health: 3
DEAD: Bearrage AT: 5 Health: 11>9>6>0
Bearrage will spend 2 AT for a Dodge (Defend then Move)
Defend: 4D6 = [4, 3, 1, 5] = 13
hmm... 1 success. Maybe she rolled poorly. Let me check the spoiler.. OH... Well.
Bearrage dissapears to leave a slightly charred (and ammoless) autorifle (a duplicate).
Through the shock of seeing her totem beast literally blow up in front of her eyes she draws upon the rage and ruin of her newfound power.
Cunning to cast superheated: fear: 6D6 = [4, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6] = 26
3 successes.
Don't know if it will stack with the armor-piercing bullets that she's using but we'll see.

Action: Cast
Free action. set her Bipod.
Raptage flies to a farther Haunt and strafes the creature.
[Move and attack.
Spoiler
the Focus: focus: 1D6 = [3] = 3
failed.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Fun fact, Super heated will stack with other Armor penetrating effects!
The haunt never stood a chance as the raptor's talons shred the magical imp, causing to dissipates back into magic, after a goopy gorey moment.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: 9-> 6 now || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd sees their true foe emerge though a part of him wondered where the creature with the fire footprints was. Leaving the cart he travels the Fertile path to the Akuma in a Charge.
[2AT, Move then strike. (3AT if I can use the Combo 2 of Heartwood)
cunning: [6d6=2, 3, 2, 4, 4, 5] 20 if 1 success is enough to attack her...

First strike, adv with Charge property.
Spoiler
attack 1, Symbiotic still active, advantage from Charge, Crush property may apply: [10d6=6, 2, 2, 6, 5, 5, 6, 2, 5, 5] 44 7 successes, With crush she looses an AT
second, I don't think I need a second Cunning check
Spoiler
Thou the bayonet was artificially affixed, as is the nature of trees, Heartwood grew around it until even the spectral representation of the tree mighty oak that Heartwood once was is honed to a fine point. It's that point that seeks to pierce the akuma's flesh. If it does so, Lloyd invokes the magics to hold the creature in place.
Increased Gravity trick: cunninng: 6d6=3, 3, 5, 3, 6, 5 25
If injury is caused by previous attacks, She'll need a Tier 4 Endurance check to free herself from Ensnared condition. Unless she just teleports away or something. I think we decided this occupies Heartwood for as long as it lasts. Visually, spectral vines and roots engulf the akuma and plant themselves in the ground and Heartwood is amongst that tangle.
Ensnared - The unit is restrained and cannot move from their current
location. The unit may still make Attack and Defend Actions but they do
so with Disadvantage
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Yeah, 1 success is enough for the round, and no, I won't make you reroll for each separate attack xD
Lloyd rushes in, overcoming the primal fear of attacking an akuma and slams his bond weapon into Helmontra once, twice, battering the tall, mad psudo-god despite her attempts to defend herself. He can feel it through the shock in his hands, both strike hit solidly. And to top it off, her spectral vines wrap and writhe, attempting to pin the akuma in place and prevent her from moving.
Both solid hits that dealt damage. She was going to go for a counter since you got in close, you burned up a fair number of ATK as well! Good turn! Who's next?
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
Wounds 0/7
AT : 6 -> 4
Base Defense 5; with Auto Buckler 6
Resistances 5/2/2/3 (Slash 5/Pierce 2/Impact 2/Elemental 3)
Auto Buckler primed, 5 uses remain

Sashura never liked long battles. Very few from Sozo did; they were more the 'knock it down before it hurts someone!' and 'hit the threat until it stops moving!' types.
Attack an Akuma: 5d6t5 1 (5d6t5=2, 4, 3, 1, 6)
Just beat the Tier 1 check to actually attack.
Summoning up her nerve, she manages to overpower the creepy sense pressuring her to NOT attack.

Focusing for a mere moment, she activates Elemental Strike, and charges, planning to end just out of Helmontra's reach.
(she's using the Fertile circles and going around the lava fountain to the left, ending up 3 hexes away. Doable since Elemental strike
adds 1 hex to Chelydra's attack - and she had Reach to begin with)
Activate Elemental Strike: 5d6t5 1 (5d6t5=4, 4, 4, 1, 6) - it actually worked ! No haunts generated.

Charge attack with Chelydra with Advantage: 9d6t4 4 (9d6t4=1, 2, 6, 2, 4, 1, 4, 3, 6).
Deals 4 points of Elemental damage.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Helmontra whirls to meet Sashura's attack with her beam. it doesn't fully defeat the lash of energy sent off by Sashrua's arcane trick, but what gets through seems to wash harmlessly over the akuma's body.
Sorry, even with disadvantage, she got two successes and the rest was eaten by Armor. I think that leaves Ericka and Dog to go.
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 6 Wounds: 5/5

Hefting his flintlock he aimed and... swore.
His gun had a nice punch to it, but he could throw the gun further than he could shoot it reliably.

With grunt he moved closer to the giant fire monster before his brain could remind him of how terrible of an idea that was.
OOC: Recovery Run: 5d6 = 4, 6, 1, 4, 6
Two successes.
Elemental Strike: 5d6 5d6=3, 2, 4, 6, 2
One success
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
  • Action Tokens: 4>7
  • Resistance: 6/2/2/3
  • Wounds: 0/5
Ericka felt her blood start pumping as the Akuma made it's presence actually known, but she didn't feel quite confident to rush up and charge the creature just yet. She didn't need to do such a thing, however. There were other means at her disposal.

Taking Tectus in hand, she made s if to carefully aim, before tossing the the spear forward and letting it fly along it's semi-straight trajectory. during their brief connection, she'd conveyed her plans to the Weapon and it understood what it needed to do. animated as it was, the spear was capable of slightly adjusting it's flight path and made itself to look as if it'd just barely strike the devious demigod. In reality, it feinted, and willingly let it self be completely swatted off course so that it might sail several more meters behind the beast. In the clatter of wood against wood as it tumbled through the rubble, it activated itself- safely out of range of it's Wielder's companions.

0 AT: Recovery (1+2)
Free: Toss (14 meters)

Tectus: Bluff (6 successes)
Free: *click*
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Helmontra curses in a long forgotten language as she tries to free herself from the effects of Lloyd's trick. In retaliation, Helmontra throws a hand towards the wielder and the ground quickly becomes hot. Red hot. And finally liquid as the very ground Lloyd was standing upon has become lava, giving him a split second to try and avoid burning.
Helmontra is going to Recover, attempt to break free of Lloyd's Increased Gravity, failing, then Casts Volcanic right under Lloyd.

Lloyd, I need a Tier 3 Agility save from you when she casts it, and another when you begin your turn there. Each save you fail will be 3 injuries that ignore armor! (Fortunate you're pretty agile, right?)

After that, it's back to you guys. Ericka has her spear set and ticking away. It will go off at the end of this player phase.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Agility was not his main thing. Does the soaked cloak give Advantage to the roll?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:32 pm Agility was not his main thing. Does the soaked cloak give Advantage to the roll?
I'm gonna say yes!
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 6 Wounds: 5/5

Dog raises his flintlock, pauses just long enough to give it a kiss, then levels it at the Akuma.

"Boom," Said Dog.
Boom, said the flintlock.
Boom said the bullet.
OOC:

Okay, Lloyd should be exactly out of range of an explosive attack so:

Casting Explosive on Flintlock: 5d6 5d6=3, 2, 4, 1, 6
1 Success
Attack on Akuma
Attack on Akuma
Flintlock attack on Akuma: 7d6 7d6=1, 5, 2, 6, 6, 4, 5
5 Successes

Explosive Damage from Flintlock attack: 12d6 39 12d6=5, 2, 4, 6, 5, 2, 2, 1, 1, 6, 4, 1

4 Successes
(I'm assuming only a 5 or a 6 is damage)

+3 automatic for Divine

So that's 12 damage, all considered Elemental at the moment.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The akuma tries to twist out of the way of Dog's bullet, but it digs in solidly, clearly doing some damage to the enraged psudo-deity.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
  • Action Tokens: 7
  • Resistance: 6/2/2/3
  • Wounds: 0/5
0AT: Recovery Run (1+2)
Free: Focus (0)

With her spear in position, Ericka tumbled to the side and readied herself to make another form of attack, in... Some manner or form. She'd figure it out in a moment. She listened in anticipation of that tell-tale explosion-
Elemental Damage T5 Agility
10d6: 1 success
Well, that's anticlimatic.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:40 pm
Helmontra is going to Recover, attempt to break free of Lloyd's Increased Gravity, failing, then Casts Volcanic right under Lloyd.

Lloyd, I need a Tier 3 Agility save from you when she casts it, and another when you begin your turn there. Each save you fail will be 3 injuries that ignore armor! (Fortunate you're pretty agile, right?)
AGI w/adv: 23 [5d6=6, 5, 2, 6, 4 23
Lloyd avoids the first bit of damage. We'll see if he streak continues!