Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

After dropping off thier various equipment for various upgrades, the group brings themselves back to Bridgekeeper's Watch, which happens to be right back where they left it. As luck would have it, they don't have to seek out Captain Hopps, or send anyone in search of the large man as he happens to back right out front this time, performing what seems to be random inspection on guards as they come and go.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

The Captain was there when the gang member described Boris and his distinctive axes.

Pulling the weapons out he holds them both in one large hand heads down in a non-offensive carry in case there were any twitchy cops around.

He'll wave to catch the Captain's attention. "Dead." Lloyd says when the man comes over. "Fires no more."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Hopps looks over and arches a brow, taking in the axe Lloyd is holding. "That so, hunters? Sounds like Sepulcur will sleep a little easier, for a time at least. Always some new threat, but I'll take what peace of mind I can."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd lets a moment hang before asking, "Was Reward?"

He hoped someone better at speaking would take over if there were to be negotiations of bounty or whatnot.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT:

"Yes, Captain, was there a bounty on the head of this notorious gang?" Moira asks with interest,
Gunmetal_Rainbow

"You'll want to go speak with your guild master since she took this on as a.. and I quote.. 'potentially corruption related situation.' So any rewards for you hunters will come from the guild."

He takes another look at the wicked-bladed axes. "For what it's worth though, you've my respect and I'm willing to make a special exception if you ever want to take some non-guild bounties some time. By the by, what happened with the rest of the Hognose gang?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"We've dealt with them," Ericka says cryptically, before taking a look at the axes. "Erhm... Unless you need those for evidence, I think the guild would like to have a look at them too."

Bluff(maybe?): 3 successes
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Hopps turns his gaze on Ericka discerningly, then shrugs. "One less threat to my city then. I appreciate the service. Now, I have tasks that need seeing to, and you've a guild master awaiting your return. If there was nothing else?"
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura was feeling a bit uneasy and nervous.

Chelydra had been in her family for generations, so things felt a bit empty while it was 'in the shop', as it were.

On the one hand, upgrading a family weapon felt wrong. Like painting over a masterpiece in an art museum.

On the other hand, a modification that can make her life a bit easier (and help her do her job better) is a good thing.

She might need the help if they have to face things equal to or greater than a Warchmogger !
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"To guild." Lloyd says, part question, part directive.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: NA Wounds: 5/5

"Nothing from the guard, eh?" Dog asks as the others come back out to the street.

He laughs with a bitter smile, "No surprise there. Better luck squeezing blood from a rock."

He claps his hands and rubs them together, "So, after the guild something to eat? I'm starving."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She felt so naked without Gemini by her side. In her hands Inimeg remained, the bond it shared with it's brother-blade tempered by the distant pangs of reforging. From it's shouldered holster Tectus provided a small comfort, yet it wasn't the same. He'd been so volatile ever since she'd had that explosive device installed. What would her weapon be like once it came back from being modified?

Did anyone else ever notice the personality of their own weapons, like she could? What would Dog's sword feel, or his gun for that matter? Bearage was certainly an easier weapon to understand, yet what of Chelydra? For Lloyd, she wasn't even sure the man had learnt his weapon's name...

That Man's axes were heavy in the bag she carried them in, laden with experiences they begged to share ever so gleefully with Ericka. For now, she would resist. Yet she longed to learn it's name as well.

"Ah-ah... yes. We've had uh... a long day, I think." She agrees, gently touching her empty stomach.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The guild headquarters, like the Keep, is right where you left it and Erin breathes a sigh of relief when he sees who it is coming through the doors. "Welcome back hunters. You seem to be in exceptional health and..." he pauses, seeing the axes. "Ahem....I am sure you have a report for the guildmaster. Feel free to go on ahead, she wanted to see you the moment you returned./"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd nods in greetings to the steward and continues to the Guildmaster's office.

"Corrupted gang leader. Dead now. He say words 'Petram' and 'Helmontra'. Maybe akuma? We then hunted big hoof Deceiver. Dead." Lloyd gives a minimalistic report.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT:

Moira will step in and expand upon her terse companion's report. She'll talk about the Hognose Gang's hideout and the bonfire, the distraction, and the brief battle with Boris (attributing such brevity to the experimental ammo she got from he shop since plugging that business is good for everyone involved).

She'll talk about the detour to track the Hulking deceiver and the dicey encounter in the woods. Everyone's role is equally expounded upon and praised. Individual blows don't matter in her telling so much a valiancy of spirit and the unity of pack tactics.

"...and yes," she says circling back, "Boris said that 'Burning in the name of Helmontra is the only path to redemption' and that 'Petram fell to it's folly' by not sacrificing to Helmontra. He threatened the same for Sepulcur saying again that 'Helmontra must be appeased'. Does that make any sense, Ma'am?" Moira asks.