Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd activates Sense Life to be able to see even through the fog or obstructions. He'll call out whatever he sees. He'll make sure hand chalk is on his hands for the eventual initial recovery roll.
Cunning Trick: 6d6=2, 5, 1, 4, 5, 2 19
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

As Lloyd gets closer to the sounds, he picks up signs of life on the edge of his range. One large and four smaller, though the fog obscures any further details from that range, but he can tell the large one is too large to be human and the smaller ones are too small to be decievers.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

"Don't think is trap. Three people. One Deceiver." Lloyd says making a warding symbol and starts forward at a run.
He'll do attuned Shielding, if possible and roll into combat.
Cunning Shielding Attuned: [6d6=5, 4, 3, 4, 6, 4] 26 2 successes

init Recovery (lock chalk gives Great Adv 3+): 6d6=6, 2, 2, 4, 3, 4 21 5 AT total
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
ATs : 4+1 = 5

"The workmen must have annoyed some critter trying to move in ..." Sashura mused as she got ready for combat.

First thing - use chalk to get a good grip on Chelydra. She decided to hold back for a bit - charging into fog on a bridge did NOT sound like a safe idea.
Initial (with Advantage since 1st)
Recpvery check 3/22/2022: 6d6t4 4 =(4, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4)
She then primed her Auto Buckler for use. "Just as good as my usual Shielding power, with no chance of summoning Haunts." she noted, "Too bad it has a limited number of uses."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
AT: 3 | W: 7/7 | 6/2/2/3

REcovery: 1+2

Sweat beads down ERicka's forehead as she also moves forward, her spears of Tectucs currently inert in their quiver. For the moment she held her kuri in both hands, hesitating slightly as she gets ready to fight.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 3 Wounds: 5/5

Dog follows along with a hand on his flintlock, ready to ruin something's day should the need arrise.
OOC: Recovery Check: [5d6=5, 3, 1, 6, 3] I believe that's two successes plus one for the recovery action.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Willow stands up on the bench of the wagon, drawing her bond weapon which begins to spark and arc with electricity. "I'll get yer backs. Show me what y'all can do."
Party is up first
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 4
Bearrage AT (prime): 2>3

Moira hangs on as Bearrage moves toward the misty shapes. The Raptage duplicates flies to her hand at a whistle and suddenly an autorifle is there. She's already slamming a clip in and dancing her fingers along the barrel to invoke a spell.
[Bearrage Recovery Run [move 7-1 spaces]{0AT Action} then Step{Free Action}, Recovery run: 6D6 = [5, 3, 3, 5, 6, 4] = 26 recovered 1 (I think, since only 6's count and no +1AT)

Moira dismisses Totem on duplicate Raptor changing it back to gun (non-action), load weapon is free action with special clip, cast action [no AT]. Cunning for magic: 6D6 = [2, 4, 4, 6, 6, 4] = 26
Since Bridging is Tier 4, 2 Haunts are summoned. :(
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: 5 || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6
[Perfect position for what Lloyd has in mind but I hope it doesn't mess anything up with your magics.]
As much as he wanted to rush forward he knew it would be a LOT of time moving for his companions just to be in effective range.

Lloyd s steps up and draws on Heartwood's connection. "Lady Sterling, connect these." he calls as she rushes by. A green, faintly growing mushroom appears hovering by him, and one by the silver-haired heiress. He directs his to the ground and a 4-paces circle of plants and fungus springs into being. Movement over these plants would be greatly accelerated and anyone on the plants could defend themselves better.
[Vivid, though I initially put down the green circle, feel free to change it's position (or describe to me) to anywhere in 6 hexes of Moira. She can direct this as a 'non-action' (by your nomenclature) or reaction.]
Cunning: 6d6=2, 1, 1, 4, 5, 3 16 yikes, 1 haunt.
But for every growth, Lloyd knew, there is death. Lloyd winced as a foul-smelling fungal-rot creature sprang into being at his magic's invocation.

"Those of us with Haunts do NOT approach the people!" he warns. The last thing they needed was for victims to be possessed. "Uncontrolled Haunts." he amends for Sashura's sake. He also knew if more wild Haunts were summoned in the area they had a chance to merge to an abomination. He had to hope the Wielders could do some good.
[Gunmetal, I took the liberty of adding circles for the spell area and Tokens for the Haunts summoned so far. Feel free to replace anything I've done. I set the circle nearest Lloyd in the map layer, the circle Moira is in, is on the token layer to be moved if she/they directs it to be elsewhere.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
AT: 3 | W: 7/7 | 6/2/2/3

Recovery Run(roll 20): 4 2 3 5 4 (No success)
Focus: 2 (No success)

Try as she may to rush forward, Ericka can't seem to gather her wits about her as she does one bit at all.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
AT : 5

Sashura didn't like fog - no telling what was hiding in there. Or what kind of ground hazards are lying about.

"With my luck, I'd probably trip over a piece of debris I didn't see if I tried to charge too early ...." she mused to herself as she considered her options.

Given the sheer distance (and lack of ranged attack options), closing in might be a good idea.
Recovery Run 6d6, disadvantage: 6d6t6 0
[6d6t6=3, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3]
No more ATs from the Moving Recovery
Concentrating briefly, she activated a Trick she recently learned - Leap. It REALLY helps getting around the battlefield !
(can jump 4 hexes any direction; can use in combat, but MUST be used with Move action. Adds 4 to Agility for move purposes.
With Recovery Run, that means 8 hexes)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 3 Wounds: 5/5

Dog continues to run with his weapons still holstered. It was better than tripping and falling on his own sword.
OOC: Recovery Run: 5d6 [5d6=5, 1, 3, 2, 2] 0 successes.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

As the party springs into action, Willow brings up the rear with the wagon.

Ahead, Moira and Sashura can make out shadowy silouettes in the fog. A larger one on the right that lashes out at a second, stationary silouette with a crack of splintering wood. Human cries of panic seem to be coming from smaller silouettes on the right side of the bridge against the edge, appearing to be cowaring.
Some things happen that the majority of the party can't see, and those that can only get vague outlines of things happening. Woo! Party's turn again.

Quick reminder: From 7 to 12 hexes, you may make ranged attacks, but they have a level of disadvantage. From 6 hexes and closer, you can attack normally and can see things more clearly.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 4>2
Bearrage AT (prime): 3>2
Bearrage 2 AT: 2>1

Moira affixes orientations in her mind to guide the magic and aims at the largish blob interposed between the cowering figures and the other large blob, squeezing off a shot. She chose that area in case the bullet ricocheted off the ground it would impact what she presumed were crates or some other hard cover.

She couldn't see the way back that they came over the bridge, but she didn't need to. She knew the length they travelled and knew the distance back to the guard that saluted them. She also knew how far bullets travelled. She swings her Bond around and angles it about 30 degrees upwards. The rapport of the gun sounds again and she gave it a second and change for the bullet to find it's mark in a spot of ground about 10 to 20 meters away from the guard post, within sight of the guard and vice versa, but just off to the side of the path (so she didn't risk hitting a hapless traveler). She didn't care about how exact it was, anywhere would be an improvement to where they were now. Moira knew as soon as the second bullet landed the Bridging magic would be completed.

"Get through the portal!" she calls loudly to the trapped figures.

[Using Autofire to shoot twice. Once toward the people (I put a reddish square on the map where I intend the first portal to go), and once following the path behind us, out of the fog and off the bridge, she wants it to land nearish the guard and to the side of the actual path to minimize the chance to hit a bystander.
gun attack 1: 12D6 = [5, 5, 5, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3, 1, 3, 1, 5] = 41
that's 5 successes (advantage from firearm cancels disadvantage from fog). not sure if I even need to roll to hit a certain square but there you go.
First I'll give a knowledge check (modified by gun) gun attack 2, knowledge-based gun check: 9D6 = [4, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 5, 4, 3] = 31 if gun doesn't apply, it's the same (ignore the last two die). 2 successes.
gun attack 2: 12D6 = [1, 4, 5, 1, 1, 5, 6, 3, 1, 3, 1, 4] = 35 To actually hit around the area she was intending, 3 successes. But honestly, anywhere would be better than where they are.

Moira likewise squeezes with her knees activating her duplication magic for the totem bear. [Free action]
trick: 6D6 = [2, 3, 3, 5, 4, 2] = 19

barely got the 1 success needed to summon Bearrage 2. (not sure if he can act now but here's his initial recovery roll)
initial recovery, Bearrage 2: 6D6 = [6, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3] = 13
2 ATs to start
Meanwhile, Bearrage Prime swipes at the closest annoying Haunt. Then tries to focus himself.
Bearrage 2 likewise swipes at a Haunt (different one from Prime) and Focuses.
Last edited by Vivid on Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
AT : 5 -> 6
Sharpness on Chelydra : 3 uses
Pheromone Projector : 1 use left

From what she could see through the fog, there was one big thing going after someone hiding behind cover - which didn't sound like it was going to last much longer from the crunching and splintering sounds. And screams of panic.

She activated the pheromone projector and braced for the onrushing Deceiver. If the device works, the critter will stop attacking the people over there and try to come after her.

It SHOULDN'T be able to reach her, but one never knows with these things ...
Bracing check: 6d6 14
[6d6=6, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3] - one success amongst all those low rolls !