Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

After the exp you just got, you should be, I think, at level 4.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Dog has no training at all in the harvesting side of things, so no rolls from him.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Has anyone been keeping super studious track of xp gain so far?

I....have not. :oops:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Level four seems to be where we're out now. I've got 212 exp
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:43 pm Level four seems to be where we're out now. I've got 212 exp
Going back over everything fought and rp and everything that sooooounds about right. Though I think I've also been remiss with certain XP rewards, so let's redress that with an extra +50 XP.

That's still level 4, but that much closer to level 5. :)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

So, what number of XP should we be at now? And how do we do Adept equipment? (or do we?)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Yulou become adpets when you attain 3 accolateds in the guild, which..... I haven't been keeping super track of, but I'm pretty sure you guys should be adepts at this point, so probably can be upgraded when you get back to town.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Picked up Elemental Strike as a trick. Also have new ranks in Lore, Persuade, and Bluff.
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Didnt really ask what you guys wanted to do, but I assumed you'd want to drop off the hooves first and get them off your hands.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Woops.
Guess I shouldn't have spent all my money on new armor before the adventure.
On the other hand the armor is the only reason Dog wasn't eaten, so I'd say it was a smart purchase.

I'm good with dropping the monster bits off first. I mean, wandering into a bar with the legs might have gotten us some free drinks, but probably would have just been tiring and gross ;~)
Guess the next stop would be to talk to the guard about their firebug problem.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Arkrite wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:58 pm Woops.
Guess I shouldn't have spent all my money on new armor before the adventure.
On the other hand the armor is the only reason Dog wasn't eaten, so I'd say it was a smart purchase.

I'm good with dropping the monster bits off first. I mean, wandering into a bar with the legs might have gotten us some free drinks, but probably would have just been tiring and gross ;~)
Guess the next stop would be to talk to the guard about their firebug problem.
Buying the armor wasn't really an issue. He offered to upgrade all your armor to fine for free, so it'd be the same if you bought it now since any further armor you wish to buy will be at base cost, but at fine level. It all works out the same in the end silver-wise.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So, every fine piece of armor gives +1 Armor Rating across the board S/I/P/E (and every ten Armor Rating translates to an actual point of armor). Was the armorer offering to upgrade every piece of armor we have or just one/[a certain number of] piece(s)? I think there are effectively 10-12 armor slots. so that'd be +1 armor to all types.

And is Dog courting the daughter still on the table cuz I was looking forward to seeing that storyline? :)

Agreed that the next step is to report the death of Boris and scattering of the gang, then maybe check on the names Petram and Helmontra.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I approve of that storyline idea. That, or I'm curious about a Yandere-Ericka subplot. Hmm... Choices choices.

Oh- keep in mind our haravsted parts could be used to effectively cover the costs of new armor upgrades as well. Right now though, I think I want to get her knives some attention. What's the higest quality of weaponsmith in town?
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I think I had originally said all your armor, but I think I'll have to recon that to let's say two pieces. Still, free upgrade, and buying fine armor at nonupgraded price.

I mean, you guys already have a ton of armor for your level, lol. I kinda gave you way too much silver during the caravan.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:47 pm Buying the armor wasn't really an issue. He offered to upgrade all your armor to fine for free, so it'd be the same if you bought it now since any further armor you wish to buy will be at base cost, but at fine level. It all works out the same in the end silver-wise.
I'm afraid I might have just misread the post.
So to clarify: he can upgrade an existing piece for free, or you can buy a new piece at normal price which he will upgrade?

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:44 pm And is Dog courting the daughter still on the table cuz I was looking forward to seeing that storyline?
What? I was waiting for the cute story of Lloyd and the daughter's awkward courtship :lol:

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:41 pm I mean, you guys already have a ton of armor for your level, lol. I kinda gave you way too much silver during the caravan.
As a greedy, greedy man I'd have to say: Looks fine to me! :D