Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

All good, lol. It's honestly probably one of the most forgotten mechanics in my experience when fighting akuma since it ONLY applies to akuma and nothing else.

Flynn, you can go ahead and make your second save and take your turn since it's the player phase right now
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

If Lloyd moves does that break the Increased Gravity trick holding her in place?

And does the trick prevent him from hitting her with the weapon?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:32 pm If Lloyd moves does that break the Increased Gravity trick holding her in place?

And does the trick prevent him from hitting her with the weapon?
Increased Gravity increases the gravity on your weapon, or in your flavored case, causes all the spectral rootings and such.

Lloyd himself could move and leave his weapon there (he would still be able to use arcane tricks and spells withotu actually touching his weapon), but if he takes his weapon, the effect would end.

He could also reactivate Increased Gravity if he opts to attack again, but then he'd be standing in that lava for another turn to make a save for.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

FYI, I left up the radius of the explosion in roll20 so you guys could see. The fat circle on the bottom corner of the house is angled upwards into the air. Blasted away part of the dead tree that was there.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I just wanna say, I appreciate Vivid for not throwing those kinds of numbers out like...right at the start of the fight. o-o

Context: AP rounds, Penetrating from the weapon itself, and Superheated.... Helmontra only had 1 Armor in piercing, so, defense was all it could attempt, at disadvantage (It got ONE success on the first roll)

Overall, that attack was 19 damage, which alone was enough to take Helmontra down from full, assuming it didn't manage to dodge more than 1.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I built ericka with the mind she could be an excellent magical caster, but dice have just never been in my favor for getting said magic.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Yeah the LMG (with optics and bipod) is kind of a ridiculous weapon.

BTW, I think Dog gets to roll twice. Perk of Guildless.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He did, got 2 and 3 there. Seems some of us did manage to get horned after all, very neat.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Oops, Missed that!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I got two people weighed in for a GM finale and player-written prologues for their characters. If there are no objections, I'll get to writing that up over the long weekend.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sounds good to me.
Probably best to keep me from dealing with the mayor ;~)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:38 pm Sounds good to me.
Probably best to keep me from dealing with the mayor ;~)
HA!

I'd also like to know what happens with Willow and her Mom.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I like all these ideas. I've been hesitating because I don't want to admit it's finally over.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Hopefully that epilogue ties up any loose ends... There were a few small things I missed in the adventure detail-wise, though I don't think any of them were terribly massive and I adapted on the fly.

This is the longest game I've run, PbP or otherwise, so it's been a learning experience for sure. A little over two and a half years since I put up the recruiting threat that became the OOC which has reached 100 pages! The IC threat itself got up to 75 pages itself!

We've had a breaks and short hiatus periods, but I'm happy we were able to get this wrapped up rather than leaving it hanging as so many games can go, and I want to thank you all for hanging in there and taking a chance and dedicating at least some time over the past two and a half years towards a game you'd not heard of before I posted up an interest check for it.

I've made a few mistakes in running this, though, I don't think they detracted from the experience, more just made extra work for me as the power curve got broken pretty early on, but you guys have been great. I've enjoyed your party of misfits and I'm getting a little emotional myself now that the game is wrapped.

Please feel free to post up a personal epilogue for your characters. And if you have any questions about a loose end I missed or something you just want to know, feel free to ask!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Oh, wow. I'm... still trying to suss out what Lloyd would do.