Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Flynnarrel »

I think Gun was hoping more people would post to say what their characters were doing.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I got ready with her blades, left the exosives behind, and was pretty much just waiting for us to... scene transition maybe? Hm.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Yeah, I don't really want to just assume everyone is on board with going off the trail to track something dangerous and possibly on fire, haha. You guys could have opted to be like "yeeeeah.... No, we got a village to check on"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

What is everyone (other than Lloyd) doing??
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I'll do a post to move us along later today after I sleep.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I'm watching a Netflix animated movie, The Sea Beast. I can totally see a SoulBound campaign on ships at sea, a group of Wielders fighting terrible sea beasts.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I'll give everyone the day to bring up if they have any concern with Moira moving forward with the Bridging portal. If no objections, I'll post you guys ahead.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'm good with it.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Okay, so this part is sort of an open-ended investigation portion, which could of course take a long time to really fully go through.

So, in the interest of not having this drag on too long, I would like each of you to tell me one thing you would like to contribute to the investigation. This doesn't necessarily mean the group splitting up, though if you want your character to split off to do something specific, you certainly may indicate such.

So, that is 5 "actions" the group can perform for this investigation, whatever they are. It doesn't need to be suuuper specific, but if you want to question villagers (since that seems likely) narrow it to a subgroup; like the town guards, the patrons and staff of the tavern, the mayor, etc. and what topics you want to question them about. I'll give you three questions per action you can question about before peopel start getting annoyed with the 3rd degree, and if you make an appropriate tier 2 Cunning-based skill check (Calm, Persuade, Barter, etc), you can get one more question.

If your action doesn't directly question people (like exploring the town) you can ask three questions based on the description I give and with a tier 2 perception test (Spot may be used) you can get a fourth.

You can sort of blend questions if it makes sense. Like, if you go to the chapel and have a question about the chapel itself, rather than a question for anyone inside.

Some possible investigation or question suggestions;
-The huge ashy area nearby that Moira spotted from the sky
-Explore the town itself
-What the whole warden thing is about
-Helmontra
-Old Petram
-Anyone who lived in Old Petram before it burned
-Tavern patrons
-Town Guards
-The mayor
-The pastor and chapel
-Corruption in the area

This is just for the sake of keeping things from stalling out with an 'endless investigation', and for the sake of allowing you to investigate based on learned information, we'll do it one at a time, first come first served. So if you decide to investigate the town, you might find something you could question about in the next action and so on.

If anyone has any questions about my process here, or want to do something that is not investigation-related, feel free to ask. :)

I do hope this feels like a fair compromise of giving you lots of potential to investigate, but with a harder line on keeping it from dragging on too long.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Is this meant to represent each character going off and doing a thing?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Not necessarily. Think of it more as each player contributing to the investigation. You could have your character want to strike off on their own for a bit for some reason, but I figured given the circumstances, you might not necessarily want to split the party either.

Note, I am not asking for rolls to get answers to the questions any of you pose. Those rolls are only to get an extra question. That was done so you don't have to feel like you NEED to have the high cunning characters there to ask questions by proxy.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Wrong channel to post that in Malsyn! :O

But, feel free to use any information obtained from Vivid's action to guide your own action and questions. If you want. Or don't. I'm not your mom. Or am I? (I'm definitely not)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

See, just as I said. Mental fog.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hmm... We should probably coordinate then.

I think asking about Helmontra would be good. Boris seemed to think there was a connection here. (It was almost a religious thing for him so maybe the priest might know?)

I think it's important to try to find out what happened to old Petram. The answer to the previous could inform the latter. Maybe we should try to find and older person who might have been there?

We should see what this Warden thing is about. Anyone in town would know.

If we do find a connection between Helmontra and old Petram we'll probably want to know where it is to look for further clues.

Any other thoughts?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Could you give us a reminder of why we came here? It's slipped me.
------------