Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Flynnarrel »

No small concern for what horrors we'll find in Petram now....
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:18 am I figured everyone might be getting occupied with the holiday fast approaching (Next week already!)

As a gift for you all, you'll get enough experience to bring you to the next level and a power! You can either choose (yes choose!) a new power, or upgrade one of your existing powers. And 1 silver bar each!

This is mainly covering the week long training montage you all are like as not to have while waiting for upgrades to be completed, and prepares you for heading off to Petram.
Very generous! thank you!

Time to hit the books....
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

New Power for Lloyd, I'm thinking Symbiotic. When invoked, Heartwood sends roots and tendrils into Lloyd's hand/arm which starts to stiffen and lignify. It makes him stronger but stiffer, hence the movement penalty.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Sounds like some really cool flavor.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Would the Seek Target Trick work with the striker grappling hook?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Absolutely.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I figure Negate Gravity wouldn't because there's only so much cordage to the device.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I'm not sure what new Ability to go for.

I feel like I lucked in to a really great weapon in Bearrage; I don't want to get a damage enhancing ability like Explosive, or an attack-booster like Animated. With a scholar we don't really need Talking as a party. I was thinking maybe Bridging could help our people get around a battlefield, less needing ATs just to get around. Any other thoughts on what might help the Party?
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Also, Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Vivid wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:53 am I'm not sure what new Ability to go for.

I feel like I lucked in to a really great weapon in Bearrage; I don't want to get a damage enhancing ability like Explosive, or an attack-booster like Animated. With a scholar we don't really need Talking as a party. I was thinking maybe Bridging could help our people get around a battlefield, less needing ATs just to get around. Any other thoughts on what might help the Party?
If you're looking for utility powers Bridging is a good thought. Might also consider Breaching to clear obstacles. The auto point if Impact damage will not likely affect combat much as it will get reduced by a point of impact armor since the gun does pierce.

Consider Vampiric and ask if a Vampiric totem can heal itself rather than the caster. Vampiric II might effect all duplicates at once.

Just some thoughts.

Happy Holidays!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Think I'll be picking up Animated myself. Self-guided missiles, anyone? I won't even need to throw, and they could even move themselves out of friendly-fire range before detonation.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Someone would prolly have to use their free action to activate the detonation upgrade but it uses it's action to move is a Great idea! If Moira gets Bridging (along with a few patches for Fertile from Linked Darts) that opens up even more options for getting floating grenades around the battlefield.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Giving Sashura an upgrade to Restorative II - for a CR 4, heals 3 Injuries instantly. Can also cure all ailments like blinded, even magical ones !
Could be useful, but there could be a lotta Haunts wandering about after she uses the power.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Symbiotic is an awesome idea. Animated for that situation is inspired! Restorative II will likely come in handy against an Akuma that can summon Volcanoes, Explosions, or just the primal Devastating power of Solum itself. Maybe it can heal the condition of being set ablaze.

I think I will go with Bridging I.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Does Bridging normally take 3 main actions to initiate? 1 to cast the power (0AT) then 1 (with an AT) to attack at the location of first 1 portal, then the other end (with another AT), the destination?