Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Prof Weird »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:10 pm Prof: you only get one action each turn. Move uses an action to do, so you cannot move and brace I'm afraid.

Probably won't matter too much given the beating you guys are dishing out, but just so you know moving forward.
Ah. Keep forgetting that characters only get 1 action - Move, or something else.

Looking at the map, Sashura's pretty hemmed in; doubt she could reach one of those Fertile circles without moving through an occupied hex.

She'll just move ahead 3 hexes so she's not boxed in by the Boro-boros. (will adjust post).
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

There's Recovery Run, No AT movement at AGI -1, get to roll Recovery at disadvantage. Might be worth doing.

The synergy of Sashura's Pheromone Lure with Lloyd's reach-collateral weapon is pretty awesome.

I'm confused though, is Erika have her Animated spear explode the one Lloyd is on? After Lloyd did his action (which might include killing it) and he doesn't have the ability to move off?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I checked his actions first, and it sounds like he got off afterwards? He shouldn't actually be in danger.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

It's conditional to if the boro-boro he's on drops. It seems like he intends to stay on it if it doesn't die.

To clarify for Lloyd, far as I can tell the movement from glide cape is automatic contingent on the condition being met (falling), so it seems your understanding of the item is correct.

If it dies and falls from the air, thus making Lloyd fall, he can disengage and glide with no actual action.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

That was what I figured so if Lloyd kills the creature and falls/glides out, no problem, but the spear blew up for nothing. If Lloyd didn't kill the creature he's on, the exploding spear likely will do the job, but Lloyd will be caught in the blast. Can the spear reach a different boro-boro?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

There's no action for simply letting go and dropping off, then gliding as per the cape'd mechanics.

Downside for that is if your attacks and the spear don't do it, you've given up your advantageous position. The high ground as it were
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ah, then with Erika's warning, kill or not, Lloyd will release/Glide away. Thank you for that option.

I editted my post and adjusted Lloyd's location on Roll20.

I also added two Sorcery-esque Haunts to the map based off Moira's post for you to do with what you will Gunmetal.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

10-4.

Looks like we are just waiting on Arkrite.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry.
I just seem to be having a trouble keeping track of the turns for some reason. Post up.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Arkrite wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:27 am Sorry.
I just seem to be having a trouble keeping track of the turns for some reason. Post up.
Anything I can do to help with that??
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Can you convince my boss to push back a major software rollout so I can get my planned vacation time back? ;~)

Sadly I'm just burnt out and exhausted these days. Having a hard time doing anything at this point. Sadly the problem is me, and I don't see it getting fixed any time soon. Earliest time I can get some vacation time now is probably late august early September.
Fun, fun, fun.

I know, I shouldn't be complaining. It pays the bills.
It's just going to be a full year since I had more than three consecutive days off.
On the other, other hand my wife got herself a pet parrot, and that means sleeping in is kind of a pipe dream ;~)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ooof. My roommates got a puppy just a few weeks ago (without even consulting me), so we've been having that same sleeping issue. X_x

Anyhow, I'll try to get the gm post up today. Yesterday was just...stupid. Dummy stupid even. Hopefully today is more normal.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Sorry about the delay. I have no real excuse beyond laziness. I had marked down your actions, did the neecessary defensive actions, rolled dice, recorded them, and then got distracted by other things and didn't come back to this. -_-;

Just a quick note regarding the self destruct before anyone calls me on it >_>

Ericka just triggered it this turn, but it wouldn't actually explode until the next player turn, however, they both failed the check against the pheromone, so would have merely wheeled around to attack Sashura, leaving them in range of the blast. Also, their attack rolls were garbage. Rather than go through a round and wait for defense decisions when I knew that Sashura would have had to whiff both checks to actually take any damage from it, I just had it blow immediately and save us a round.

A second note: damage for self destruct isn't rolled. It's just 10 automatic elemental damage, and even with their resistance, they were too injured to tank it.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I remembered the first part. Not the second. It was why I was trying very hard to position things just right that I hoped the decidfers wouldn't move very far. Self destruct is best used as a surprise attack the enemy won't expect, or can't escape from.

I seriously doubt this could actually work on an Akuma, and definitely no more than once.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Which is why I am not particularly concerned about its use as a tactic, lol. The only way it may not have worked in this case is if they succeeded the pheromone check and opted to attack someone else, but target rich as their immediate surroundings were, it was unlikely to be an issue.