Psistrike's M&M 3rd ed Characters and Creations

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Psistrike

Psistrike's M&M 3rd ed Characters and Creations

Post by Psistrike »

Finally starting a thread for my creations in Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition here. Ranging from original characters, creatures, gadgets, and gear, to modified, etc. versions of characters from various RPG settings and other forms of media.

Feel free to use any of these characters as you see fit, I would love to hear they are being used for something beyond my own ideas. And please feel free to comment on any and all things in this thread, stating what you like about something, constructive criticism about what you think can be improved, etc. Any comments/constructive criticism will be appreciated.

If you are the creator or commissioner of a piece of art I've used in this thread who has objections to its use, feel free to contact me via PM as I am more than willing to discuss the issue and come up with a resolution. I always try to give credit to the artist, and will edit past posts as well as going in the future credit commissioners as well.

Optional Rules Used In All Builds
Here are the optional rules I will be using in all builds unless noted otherwise. Any additional optional rules used for specific setting builds will be noted.
Gamemaster's Guide
• Ability Strain, Ability Strain and Extra Effort [Physical Abilities only], and Ability Strain and Powers
• Knockback and Hero Point Tradeoffs
----------------------------------------------------------
• Pursuit Challenges [Threat Report page 129]; So, What’s My Laptop’s Will Defense? [Threat Report page 131]
Power Profiles
• Impervious Defense limited to PL ranks, Impervious Defense ignores effects with a rank less than its own.
• Dying allowed as a 3rd-degree condition for Affliction.
• Illusions as Afflictions from Illusion Power Profile. For illusions projected directly into mind or mind-influencing drugs, etc.
• Expanded Luck option from Luck Power Profile.
• 2nd Morphing Feature automatic part of any morph descriptor.
• Obscure from Sensory Power Profile as default.
• Long-Ranged Sensing option for senses in Sensory Power Profile.
• Features from Size and Mass Power Profile as default, 2nd default feature limited to special costumes and devices.
• Size and Area Effects from Size and Mass Power Profile in use.
• 2nd Speed Feature assumed benefit of having speed powers.
• Reflect and Redirect extras of Deflect and Immunity may be applied to Enhanced Defenses.
Gadget Guides
• Mitigating Gadgets from Armor GG in use.
• Computer Skill checks from Computers GG in use when complexity is preferred; otherwise use simple checks.
• Scattering Area Attacks rules from GG Heavy Weapons in use, regular Area Attacks allowed to choose between normal area attack or using attack roll with a chance of scattering attack on a miss.
• Rules from the GG Mecha used in the design of mechas and their use.
• Independent Modifiers from GG Powers in use, including Additive +0 modifier, etc.
• Wide Arrays rules from GG Utility used when appropriate.
---------------------------------------------
• Virtually everything from Misfit Studios' Better Mousetrap 3rd edition. Except Revised Connections and Contacts Advantages.
• Some from Misfit Studios' Metahuman Martial Arts: New Skills, Expanded Skills [parts only used if a character is using Fighting Style rules from this book], Advantages, New Power Builds, New Extras, New Flaws, Expanded Vehicles Sizes, New Complications, Personal Challenges rule and Challenges as Advantages, New Actions, New Maneuvers, and Expanded Headquarters Sizes, etc.
• Misfit Studios' Metahuman Threat Scale in use.
• Anything from 2nd edition which translates easily to 3rd edition, such as many feats/advantages, some power extras, etc.

House rules and converted 2nd edition stuff

Devices, gadgets, and gear

Headquarters

Organizations

Minions and Monsters

Fights

Training Sessions

Storylines
Last edited by Psistrike on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Psistrike

Re: Psistrike's M&M 3rd ed Characters and Creations

Post by Psistrike »

Here is where I will post any house rules I use with my general builds and converted 2nd edition stuff I use.

Powers as Advantages: Any effect which is 1 pp/rank or less can be bought as an advantage, within reason. Examples include: Combat Concealment [Concealment [normal vision], Partial, Action [Move]; Extra Limb [1 rank of Extra Limbs, up to 2 ranks]; Rapid Healing [1 rank of Regeneration]. See Talent Power Profile for more examples.

Converted Feats as Advantages: •Lightning Strike [Reach, Subtle applied to Strength, Limited to Only for Attacks]
•Online Research [Use either Expertise: Computers or Technology in place of Investigation for Gather Information checks. Can be used with Well-Informed]

Converted Powers as Effects/Power Builds: •Pain [Perception Range Affliction [Resisted by Will, Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated]
•Probability Control [Variable [Probability Effects], Reaction Action, Limited to Second Chance and Skill Mastery advantages, 9 pp/rank; 1 rank should be enough]
•Age Shift [Morph 1 [Own apparent age], Shrinking 4 [Quirk [-1 point] Only to take on younger forms], 12 points]
•Color Change [Ranged Affliction [Resisted by Dodge; Transformed [Change colors]], Limited to 3rd Degree; Ranged Transform [Change objects colors] 4pp/rank version, Continuous Duration; Example Alt Effects: Visual Dazzle; Visual Illusion; Ranged Affliction [Resisted by Fortitude, Hindered, Stunned], Limited Degree; Visual Obscure; Ranged Attack Concealment [visual], Partial]
•Dimensional Control [Array of Alternate Forms: 1-D Form [Concealment 4 [all visual], Insubstantial 4, Limited to openings and spaces, Affected by Dimensional effects], Two-Dimensional Form [See Alternate Form examples in the main book], 4-D Form [Insubstantial 3], Senses 8 [Vision and Hearing Penetrate Concealment], Enhanced Strength], 5-D Form [Enhanced Advantage [Improved Initiative], Quick and Speed, all with Affects Others [+1], 6-D Form [Movement 3 [Dimension Travel 3]
•Dimensional Pocket [Movement 1 [Dimension Travel, Pocket Dimension] possible with Alt Effect with Attack Extra and extra ranks Limited to Resistance as alternate to the version in PP]
•Dream Control [Base Power: Perception Range Affliction [Resisted by Will, Figment, Phantasm, Immersion], Limited to Sleeping Targets] as an alternative to the version in PP.
•Immutable [Immunity 10 [Immunity to Alteration Effects, Immunity to Weaken Effects]

Converted Power Extras and Flaws:
•Reincarnation [Feature applied to Immortality, allow you to come back in different form with different powers, abilities, etc. when you revive after death. Uncontrolled Reincarnation [-1] flaw means the GM has complete control of what your new form is after you revive]
•Constricting [For Snare-based Afflictions, add a +1 Damaging extra to half the Affliction’s ranks, where the target suffers an attack each round of that rank til free, Damaging extra Limited to targets which suffer 2nd degree]
•Self-Banish [-1 Flaw for Summon power, Summoned beings remain a number of rounds equal to the summoner’s PL before automatically disappearing. They are considered incapacitated and must recover before they can be summoned again.]
Psistrike

Psistrike's Earth 7 Information and Links

Post by Psistrike »

Last edited by Psistrike on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Last edited by Psistrike on Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:13 am, edited 19 times in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Last edited by Psistrike on Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:45 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Last edited by Psistrike on Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:43 am, edited 14 times in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Placeholder
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Placeholder
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Placeholder