Getting logged out when click a link

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
mrdent12

Getting logged out when click a link

Post by mrdent12 »

Summary

I'm getting a strange bug where if I click a link in the first post of the [OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning thread that points to an of the character sheets, I get logged out. I'm not seeing it happen in any other threads such as my writing room thread, Jab's thread, or even [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator thread I also have a character link. Its not a big deal, but figure I point it out.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Login
2. Navigate to [OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning thread by going to the Game Room and clicking the thread title
3. Click on any of the character sheet links

Expected Outcome

The post with the character sheet will appear and I will be logged in still.

Actual Outcome

The post appears, but I am logged out. When I go to log back in it logs me int the front page again.
kirinke

Re: Getting logged out when click a link

Post by kirinke »

Did you try clearing your cookies and history?

Also, make sure the remember me option is clicked on when you log in. That might help.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I haven't tried the cookie clearing, so will need to try that. The remember me is clicked. I can close the browser and come back to the site without issue.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

That's usually the first step to any online problem. Clear the cookies.
Second step. Tu8rn the computer off, then restart it.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

I've had it happen when I click a link before the current page has finished loading. Is it possible that's the issue?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Nope, tried it on a a desktop, laptop, and phone with the page fully loaded. Only happens on that one thread so maybe cookie or cache related.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Still happening after clearing the cache, cookies, etc. Logout only seems to happen when going to a link in [OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning or going to a link from that thread. Its not a big deal if no one else is having the problem in other threads.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 am Still happening after clearing the cache, cookies, etc. Logout only seems to happen when going to a link in [OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning or going to a link from that thread. Its not a big deal if no one else is having the problem in other threads.
I've got a method that has worked to fix problems like this in the past. I'm going to do a Forced Reactivation on your account. You'll receive an email to let you re-activate it. This has cleared up some issues in the past. None of your posts will be lost.

Reply here or PM me when you're ready.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Sure, I am good now.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:31 am Sure, I am good now.
And sent.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Reactivated and same problem. No idea whats going, but not a P1, P2, or even P3 issue since it only seems to effect the use case of going to a link in that thread for editing purposes. For viewing, the workaround is simple enough, open the link in a new tab. The new tab will be logged out, but the initial tab will still be logged in.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:58 am Reactivated and same problem. No idea whats going, but not a P1, P2, or even P3 issue since it only seems to effect the use case of going to a link in that thread for editing purposes. For viewing, the workaround is simple enough, open the link in a new tab. The new tab will be logged out, but the initial tab will still be logged in.
Weird. If you get the chance, try logging in from a different computer and see if the issue persists. Then you'll know it's something to do with your account and not your internet or computer.

mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I've checked on my phone, desktop, and development laptop on different networks. Same issue persists. As far as I can gather, it has to do with my account and the aforementioned thread.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:47 pm I've checked on my phone, desktop, and development laptop on different networks. Same issue persists. As far as I can gather, it has to do with my account and the aforementioned thread.
Hmm. I'll give it a more thorough look through.

mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Thanks. No rush on it, but figure I'd raise it just in case others were experiencing a similar issue.