J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Ms. Marvel: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Mayhaps
Thorpocalypse

Black Panther: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I know that look. You're wondering... What am I waiting for? Namor's biology and genetics make him incredibly resistant to damage, but even he doesn't have the ability to simply shrug off what we--and the resulting fall from this platform--did to him. It will take a second for him to fully regain his wits... And I want him completely aware of what is about to happen to him. So we will spare him a few minutes. Because I want him to know--really know--it's over. To fully realize there's no forgiveness for what he's done. That there is a price and he's finally going to pay it--that there's no mercy for men like him, and even if there was, he doesn't get any. I want him to know this is how it ends. And more than that... I want him to know... It was me. - Black Panther

BLACK PANTHER (T'CHALLA)
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 6; DPL: 12; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 200
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Brown
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Birnin Zana, Wakanda, Africa
Team Affiliations: Avengers; Justice League International; Stormwatch; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Acrobatics 10 (+16) [Accelerated Acrobatics, Agile Feint], Athletics 9 (+15), Deception (+6), Expertise [Magic] 1 (+10), Expertise [Science] 6 (+15), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 1 (+10), Insight 10 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation (+6), Investigation 4 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception 14 (+19), Persuasion 13 (+19) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+15), Sleight of Hand (+6), Stealth 10 (+16) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 6 (+15) [Inventor], Treatment (+9), Vehicles 3 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Accelerated Stealth*, Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit (8) (Status, Wealth, Resources 8 – King of Wakanda), Close Attack (2), Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Extraordinary Effort, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Inspire (2), Inventor, Languages (3) (Japanese, English, French, 7 others, Base: Swahili), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Claws, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Sacred Panther Herb Enhancements: Enhanced Advantages 6 (Accelerated Acrobatics*, Accelerated Stealth*, Diehard, Evasion, Improved Defense, Uncanny Dodge), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Immunity 2 (Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Senses 5 (Low Light Vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Extended, Accurate, Tracking]), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 18 pts
Black Panther Costume: 50 pt Traits, Removable (-10 pts); 40 pts
Black Panther Mask: Feature 1 (A.I.), Senses 3 (Darkvision, Infravision); 4 pts
Vibranium Mesh Armor: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 9, Immunity 10 (Ballistic Damage); 22 pts
Vibranium Boots: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]), Concealment 1 (Auditory); 6 pts
Weapon Array: 16 pt Array; 18 pts
Vibranium Throwing Knives: Piercing Ranged Multiattack Damage 5 (Extra: Dangerous); 16 pts
Panther Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 5, Split); 1 pt
Kinetic Energy Release: Burst Area Kinetic Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited to ranks of damage hit with before Release, Fades); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Kimoyo Card: Senses 2 (Communication Link 2, Radio), GPS, Feature 1 (Wakandan Database); 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +16 [Unarmed +6; Claws +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9
Throwing +15 [Vibranium Throwing Knives +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Kinetic Energy Release +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +10 (+9 without Defensive Roll, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Klaw, Erik Killmonger.
Honor: The Black Panther is held to a strict code of honor.
Relationships: His royal family, including his mother and his sister, Shuri. Despite their estrangement, he still has feeling for his wife, Storm.
Responsibility: To rule Wakanda.
Rivalry: M’Baku and Namor.

Abilities 116 + Skills 47 (94 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 58 + Defenses 15 = 273 / 273

Build Comments: The last version of T’Challa I did was based on his King of the Dead persona. But after everything that has transpired since, I decided to take him back to his roots as the King of Wakanda and a just below Cap level overall bad ass. I believe Marvel decided the same thing for a while then we got some Planet Wakanda thing and all kinds of stuff. I'm sticking with pretty much classic T'Challa with just a touch of MCU flavor.

Secret Origins: The Black Panther is the ceremonial title given to the chief of the Panther Tribe of the advanced African nation of Wakanda. In addition to ruling the country, he is also chief of its various tribes. The Panther habit is a symbol of office (head of state) and is used even during diplomatic missions. The Panther is a hereditary title, but one still must earn it.

In the distant past, a meteorite made of the (fictional) vibration-absorbing mineral vibranium crashed in Wakanda, and was unearthed. Reasoning that outsiders would exploit Wakanda for this valuable resource, the ruler at the time, King T'Chaka, like his father and other Panthers before him, concealed his country from the outside world. T'Chaka's first wife, T'Challa's birth mother N'Yami, died while in labor with T'Challa, so T'Challa would be raised by his father and his father's second wife Ramonda, at least until T'Chaka was murdered by the adventurer Ulysses Klaw.

With his people still in danger, a young T'Challa used Klaw's sound weapon on him, gravely injuring him and forcing him to flee. Around the same time, his stepmother Ramonda visited her old home in South Africa. While on this trip she was kidnapped and taken prisoner by Anton Pretorius. T'Challa would not learn of this until years later.

T'Challa was next in line to be the king of Wakanda and Black Panther, but until he was ready to become the leader of the nation, his uncle S'yan, T'Chaka's younger brother, successfully passed the trials to become the Black Panther. While on his Wakandan walkabout rite of passage, T'Challa met and fell in love with apparent orphaned teen Ororo Munroe, who would grow up to become the X-Men member Storm. The two broke off their relationship due to his desire to avenge his father's death and to become the type of man who could suitably lead Wakanda, but they would see each other over the years when they could.

The Story so Far: T'Challa earned the title and attributes of the Black Panther by defeating the various champions of the Wakandan tribes. One of his first acts was to disband and exile the Hatut Zeraze—the Wakandan secret police—and its leader, his adopted brother Hunter the White Wolf. Later, to keep peace, he picked Dora Milaje ("adored ones") from rival tribes to serve as his personal guard and ceremonial wives-in-training. He then studied abroad for a time before returning to his kingship. T'Challa next invited the American superhero team the Fantastic Four to Wakanda, then attacked and neutralized them individually in order to prove himself worthy as his people's defender and to test the team to see if it could be an effective ally against Klaw, who had become a supervillain made of living sound. After the ruler made proper amends to the superhero team, the four befriended and helped T'Challa, and he in turn aided the heroes against the supervillain the Psycho-Man. He and Reed Richards have had a long and mutually beneficial friendship ever since.

T'Challa later joined the Avengers, beginning a long association with that superhero team. He first battled the Man-Ape while with the group, and then met the American singer Monica Lynne, with whom he became romantically involved. He helped the Avengers defeat the second Sons of the Serpent, and then revealed his true identity on American television. He encountered Daredevil, and revealed to him that he had deduced Daredevil's secret identity.

The Panther eventually left his active Avengers membership to return to a Wakanda on the brink of Civil War, bringing Lynne with him. After defeating would-be usurper Erik Killmonger and his minions, he began to search for his mother and eventually found her. T'Challa eventually proposed and became engaged to Monica Lynne, though the couple never married.

Years later, after suffering a brain aneurysm, his mental state almost causes tribal warfare so the Panther handed power to his council and hides in New York City. There he mentored police officer Kasper Cole, who had adopted an abandoned Panther costume, an experience that gives T'Challa the strength to face his illness, reclaim his position, and return to active membership in the Avengers, whom he helped secure special United Nations status.

T'Challa then helped Storm reunite with her surviving family members in Africa and the U.S. He proposed shortly afterwards and the two were married in a large Wakandan ceremony attended by many superheroes. However, he failed to reunite both Captain America and Iron Man because of their opposing views on the Superhuman Registration Act.

One of the couple's first tasks was to embark on a diplomatic tour, in which they visited the Inhumans, Doctor Doom, the President of the United States, and Aquaman, with only that last ending well. After the death of Bill Foster, the Black Panther and Storm sided with Captain America's anti-registration forces. During the end battle between both sides, the Wakandan embassy in Manhattan is heavily damaged, though no Wakandans were hurt. After the confrontation, the Panther and Storm briefly filled in for vacationing Fantastic Four members Reed and Sue Richards before returning to Wakanda.

T'Challa served as one of the pallbearers at the memorial service for Captain America, along with Tony Stark, Carol Danvers, Jennifer Sparks, Superman and Sam Wilson.

Upon returning to Wakanda alone, leaving Storm in New York to aid the X-Men, Black Panther aided Wakanda in fending off the alien shapeshifters the Skrulls, who had infiltrated as part of their "Secret Invasion" plan to conquer Earth. Afterwards, Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner, attempted to recruit T'Challa for the Cabal, a secret council of supervillains. Attacked by the forces of fellow Cabal member Doctor Doom after his refusal, T'Challa was left comatose. His sister Shuri is trained as the next Panther, with the mantle passing onto her officially after T'Challa awakened from his coma and attempts to recover from his injuries.

He helped defeat Anubis and now ruled over Necropolis while Shuri remained in power in Wakanda, but recently has retaken the throne at Shuri's behest.

Characterization: T’Challa is one of the most respected members of the superhero community and because of his long-time rulership of Wakanda, he is a well-known international figure as well. He can be curt, but is well schooled in the art of diplomacy. He is one of the most intelligent men on the planet, skilled in a multitude of disciplines and is one of the most dangerous combatants on the planet.

Friends and Foes: He remains close to his sister and mother and even though they are estranged at the moment, he continues to harbor feelings for Storm. His most frequent foes are Man-Ape and Erik Killmonger, but he considers Klaw to be his greatest enemy because he caused the death of his father.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Black Panther: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Rest in Power, King.

BLACK PANTHER (T'CHALLA)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 1; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Science] 4 (+10), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation (+6), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 5 (+11), Technology 4 (+10) [Inventor], Treatment (+6), Vehicles (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Status – King of Wakanda), Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Swahili), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Avatar of the Panther God: Feature 1 (Cats accept T'Challa as one of their own); 1 pt
Heart Shaped Herb Enhancements: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Senses 4 (Low-Light Vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Ranged, Acute]); 8 pts
Black Panther Costume: 15 pt Traits, Removable (-3 pts); 12 pts
Vibranium Mesh Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 7 (Flaw: Limited to Ballistic Damage); 6 pts
Panther Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 5 pts
Vibranium Boots: Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling [-1 speed rank]), Concealment 1 (Auditory); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Kimoyo Card: Senses 2 (Communication Link 2, Radio), GPS, Feature 1 (Wakandan Database); 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +5; Claws +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His royal family, including his mother and his sister, Shuri, the current Wakandan Black Panther. Despite their estrangement, he still has feeling for his wife, Storm.
Responsibility: To Necropolis and his duties as King of the Dead. He still holds true to the people of Wakanda as well.

Abilities 86 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 21 + Defenses 14 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Black Panther as a PC.
Thorpocalypse

Black Panther: Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

No one said this job would be easy, Avengers. Or even possible. That's why you're all here. Because none of you should be possible either. And nothing less of the utterly impossible is what I'll ask of you every time you answer our call. These are dark times, Avengers. And they are only trending further into darkness. If we're going to keep this planet intact long enough for its people to pull themselves back into the light, we'll have to do it one impossible day at a time. Today was a day unlike any other. Tomorrow will be more of the same. But that's our job description. That's why we stand together. If the world needs something to believe in, then let it believe in the power and promise of our most sacred words... Avengers assemble! - Black Panther

BLACK PANTHER (T'CHALLA)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 3; DPL: 11; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Science] 5 (+11), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation (+6), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 6 (+12), Technology 6 (+12) [Inventor], Treatment (+6), Vehicles (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (3) (Status, Wealth, Resources 3 – King of Wakanda), Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Swahili), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Avatar of the Panther God: Feature 1 (Cats accept T'Challa as one of their own); 1 pt
Heart Shaped Herb Enhancements: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Senses 4 (Low-Light Vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Ranged, Acute]); 8 pts
Black Panther Costume: 21 pt Traits, Removable (-4 pts); 17 pts
Vibranium Mesh Armor: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 7 (Flaw: Limited to Kinetic Damage); 7 pts
Vibranium Boots: Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling [-1 speed rank]), Concealment 1 (Auditory); 4 pts
Weapon Array: 9 pt Array; 10 pts
Throwing Claws: Ranged Multiattack Slashing Damage 3 (Extra: Accurate 3, Flaw: Limited [5 uses]); 9 pts
Panther Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +5; Claws +8, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +4
Throwing Claws +10 [Throwing Claws +3, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +9 (+8 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His royal family, including his mother and his sister, Shuri. Despite their estrangement, he still has feelings for his wife, Storm.
Responsibility: To Necropolis and his duties as King of the Dead. He still holds true to the people of Wakanda as well.

Abilities 88 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 26 + Defenses 15 = 165 / 165

Build Comments: T'Challa as a PL11 PC. Feels much more like him.
Thorpocalypse

Black Panther: Earth-FG1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Coming
Thorpocalypse

Black Panther: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Eventually
Thorpocalypse

Black Panther: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Black Panther: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We'll see
Thorpocalypse

The Question: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Green Arrow: This whole trip might just prove the kid shouldn’t eat nachos before bed.
The Question: Peanut butter sandwiches.
Supergirl: How did – What, do you go through my trash ?!
The Question (Scornfully): Please...I go through *everyone’s* trash.

THE QUESTION
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 9; DPL: 9; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 185
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Strawberry Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: St. Louis, MO, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League; Justice League Dark

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 12 (+13) [Taunt], Expertise [Journalism] 5 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+10), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 2 (+7), Insight 10 (+15) [Assessment, Skill Mastery], Intimidation 12 (+13), Investigation 14 (+19) [Contacts, Skill Mastery, Well-Informed], Perception 11 (+16), Persuasion 6 (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 9 (+12), Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Contacts, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (3), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages 2 (French, Spanish, 3 others, Base: English), Luck (Inspiration) (2), Martial Strike*(1), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Skill Mastery (2) (Insight, Investigation), Takedown (1), Taunt, Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will Check), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Question Mask: 8 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 6 pts
Pseudoderm Mask: Morph 2 (Narrow Group of Forms/single animal/people roughly same size and gender; Flaw: Face only); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Smoke Pellet: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pt
Vehicle: (12 pts)
Full-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 10; 12 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +14 [Martial Strike Unarmed +3, Unarmed; Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: With THE conspiracy and uncovering the truth.
Relationships: Huntress.
Secret Identity: Vic Sage, Investigative Reporter.

Abilities 68 + Skills 57 (114 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 6 + Defenses 17 = 178 / 178

Build Comments Loves me some Question. He feels really right at a street level PL9.

Secret Origins: Victor Sage was born Charles Victor Szasz, and grew up an orphan who had a reputation as a troublemaker. Szasz prided himself in defiantly enduring the physical abuse of the Catholic orphanage where he was housed. Though he managed to get into college, higher learning did not mellow his violent tendencies. Some time during college, he brutally beat a drug dealer for giving him LSD, which had caused Sage to doubt his own senses under its influence.

After graduating from college (where he nursed an unrequited crush on fellow student Lois Lane), Sage made his mark as a highly outspoken and aggressive reporter with a reputation for obnoxiousness in St. Louis, MO. He then moved to television journalism, which eventually led him to investigate Dr. Arby Twain. This particular story would alter the course of Sage's life..

Sage was approached by his former professor, a scientist named Aristotle ("Tot") Rodor, who told Sage about an artificial skin called Pseudoderm, which Rodor had co-developed with Dr. Twain based on the notes of Gotham criminal Bart Magan and research into Gingold, the chemical responsible for the Elongated Man's powers.

Pseudoderm was intended to work as an applied skin-like bandage with the help of a bonding gas, but had an unforeseen toxicity which was fatal when applied to open wounds. Though Rodor and Twain agreed to abandon the project and parted ways, Professor Rodor later discovered that Dr. Twain planned to proceed with an illegal sale of the invention to Third World nations, despite the risk to human health.

Sage resolved to stop him but had no way of going after Dr. Twain without exposing himself. Rodor suggested that Sage use a mask made of Pseudoderm to cover his famous features. Disguised by the Pseudoderm mask and armed with information, Sage eventually caught up with Dr. Twain, stopped the transaction, and extracted a confession from him. He then left Twain bound in Pseudoderm in an ironic twist. On television, Vic Sage reported on Dr. Twain's illegal activities.

With his first venture a success, Sage decided that this new identity would be useful for future investigations. He continued to work with Professor Rodor, who supplied the Pseudoderm and eventually modified the bonding gas, giving it the ability to alter the color of Sage's hair and clothing, as well. Vic became good friends with "Tot," who became a mentor to him in both of his identities. From then on, when Vic Sage encountered stories he couldn't investigate by normal, legal means, he donned a special mask that made it appear that he had no face. As the Question, Sage investigated corruption in the face of all danger, leaving a blank "calling card," which, when touched, emitted a smoky question mark.

The Story so Far: After debuting and doing lots of work in St. Louis, Vic Sage would also travel to other cities in the course of his investigations, and even relocated to Gotham City for a time. He eventually teamed up with Batman and began a relationship with Huntress that ended badly, but after a time, they reconciled as friends and both have remained close.

The Question's early crime fighting career was somewhat successful, but his black-and-white moral viewpoint and lack of commitment would soon lead to a turning point for both Sage and his alter ego.

After his time in Gotham, Vic Sage returned to St. Louis and KBEL television, where he worked alongside news anchor and occasional love-interest Myra Connelly. During a mission as The Question, he was badly beaten in personal combat by the mercenary and martial artist, Lady Shiva, and then nearly fatally beaten by her employer's thugs and shot in the head with a pellet gun. Though he was thrown in a river to drown, Shiva rescued him for reasons of her own and gave him directions to meet Richard Dragon as soon as he was recovered enough to get out of bed. Following a vision of Batman in which the Caped Crusader called Sage an "incompetent dilettante", Sage sought out the master martial artist, who retained all of his skill even while confined to a wheelchair. Sage spent a year learning martial arts and Eastern philosophy from Dragon. The training changed and deepened The Question's moral perspective, and the crimefighter became more understanding of the moral ambiguity of his chosen work.
Vic Sage returned to Hub City and resumed his career as The Question with a new, broader worldview, and a belief that crime had to be fought at more than one level.

He had a number of adventurers and after helping them with a recent conflict with Doctor Doom has joined The Justice League.

Characterization: The Question is the second best investigator in the superhero community outside of Batman (although Ralph Dibny and Detective Chimp are in his league on their good days) and is a master of interrogation and intimidation. He’s obsessed with “the question” and self-discovery and is THE conspiracy theorist of the superhero community.

Friends and Foes: He remains close to Tot and his one time girlfriend Huntress. He and Batman have developed a mutual respect.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

The Question: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Green Arrow: Does everything have a sinister motive in your world ?
The Question: Yours too. You just don’t know it.

THE QUESTION
PL10

OPL: 9; SPL: 10; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+15), Deception 8 (+9), Expertise [Journalism] 2 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+7), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 2 (+7), Insight 8 (+13) [Assessment, Skill Mastery], Intimidation 7 (+8), Investigation 15 (+20) [Contacts, Skill Mastery, Well-Informed], Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 4 (+5), Sleight of Hand 3 (+6), Stealth 7 (+10), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Contacts, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (3), Languages 2 (French, Spanish, 3 others, Base: English), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ranged Attack (2), Skill Mastery (2) (Insight, Investigation), Takedown (1), Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Question Mask: 8 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 6 pts
Pseudoderm Mask: Morph 2 (Narrow Group of Forms/single animal/people roughly same size and gender; Flaw: Face only); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Smoke Pellet: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pt
Vehicle: (12 pts)
Full-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 10; 12 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: With THE conspiracy and uncovering the truth.
Relationships: Huntress.
Secret Identity: Vic Sage, Investigative Reporter.

Abilities 68 + Skills 57 (114 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 6 + Defenses 17 = 178 / 178

Build Comments The Question as a PC.
Thorpocalypse

The Question: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Eventually
Thorpocalypse

The Question: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sure