J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Superman (Kal-El): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Still around, just doing some thread cleanup before I start some more tests. A minor test of Superman against Thanos and an upcoming build showed me that I either needed to raise my PL16 threats to PL17 or higher, or bring my PL14-15 heroes down a bit. So I'm going with a top end adjustment of my heroes for now. We'll see if it sticks. ;)

More new builds are coming shortly as well. As we close in on 15 years of J-Mart, we've got to fight to keep our market share of the discount MnM build marketplace! :o
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:54 pm Image
His whole planet was destroyed. He's the last of a holocaust. He grew up in the dirt. Finding out slowly how different he was. A stranger discovering every day how strange he was. He has the power to tear the world apart. And he could. With a pinkie. It's not his world. We're not his people. We should be ants to him. Imagine that. Always being on the outside. The pain that would come from always being on the outside. And yet, he took that pain and became the symbol of hope. - Batman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 9; DPL: 14; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Kryptonian
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Metropolis, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League; JLAXI; Legion of Super Heroes (Honorary)

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+19), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+9), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 2 (+7), Expertise [Journalism] 5 (+10), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 5 (+10), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 2 (+7), Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Stealth (+3), Technology 7 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Unarmed), All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (He’s Superman), Connected, Deep Ties* (1) (Responsibility), Diehard, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (3), Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (3) (Kryptonian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Russian, 5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Heroic Feat) (1), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Rousing Speech* (1) (Persuasion), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 4 (400,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 5 pts
Man of Steel: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Bludgeoning Damage 3 (Extra: Reaction [to being hit with close attack], Flaw: Limited [damage equal to rank of attack]); 30 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 15 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 35 pt Array; 37 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Accurate 3); 35 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 11 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Headquarters: (28 pts)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kelex and Robots], Power System, Security System 2 [DC25]), Trophy Room; 28 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +7 [Man of Steel +3, Reaction]
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +4
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +16]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +11, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +11, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +19 (+19 without Defensive Roll, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane and his son, Jon Lane Kent. Other important people in his life include his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent, his cousin, Supergirl, his clone Kon-El, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant and of course, his loyal dog, Krypto. In the superhero community he is close to Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America and Thor.
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 126 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 150 + Defenses 13 = 335 / 335
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Mordru: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Today's build is brought to you by the letter M!

This design is cooler but...

...THIS is Mordru the way he was meant to be!

MORDRU
PL16

OPL: 16; SPL: 15; DPL: 16; FWPL: 15; HP: 1
Height: 7-6
Weight: 300
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: Lord of Chaos
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4 [12] [20], STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+4/+12/+20), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+10), Deception 5 (+10), Expertise [History] 6 (+15), Expertise [Magic] 16 (+25) [Artificer, Ritualist], Insight (+5), Intimidation 7 (+12/+16/+20), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Sorcery Array] 8 (+12), Stealth (+2/-6/-14)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Sorcery Array), Artificer, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Languages (3) (Arcane, 9 others, Base: English), Ritualist, Speed of Thought*

POWERS:
Immortal Sorcerer: Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging), Immortality 6 (1 day); 23 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 10, Impervious Toughness 19, Regeneration 10 (1/every round, Extra: Regrowth); 39 pts
Mystic Senses: Senses 4 (Cosmic Awareness, Magical Awareness, Ranged Detect Magic); 4 pts
Mystic Flight: Flight 9 (1,000 mph/2 mpr); 18 pts
Illusory Guise: Feature 1 (You can project an illusion that you are wearing a costume or uniform, allowing you to “change” instantly [as a free action] without any need to carry other clothing); 1 pt
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Giant Size Sorcerer: Growth 8 (+8 Str, +8 Sta, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth, +4 Intimidation, Speed +1 [4 mph/60 fpr], +8 Mass, Reach 2 [10 ft], Flaw: No Stamina increase); 8 pts
Sorcery Array: 50 pt Dynamic Array; 66 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 50 pts
Eldritch Blast: Ranged Magical Energy Damage 20 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mystic Burst: Burst Area Magical Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Telekinesis: Move Object 20 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Magical Constructs: Create 16 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Transmutation: Transform 9 (Anything into anything else, 400 lb mass; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Full Giant Size: Enhanced Growth 8 (+8 Str, +8 Sta, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth, +4 Intimidation, Speed +1 [4 mph/60 fpr], +8 Mass, Reach 2 [10 ft], Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: No Stamina increase); 2 pts
Mystic Binding: Perception Ranged Affliction 16 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Paralyzed, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mystical Mastery: Variable 8 (40 pts Traits; Mystic Descriptor, Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +4; Giant Size Unarmed +12; Full Growth Unarmed +20]
Ranged Attack +4
Magic +12 [Eldritch Blast +20; Telekinesis +20; Telekinesis Move Object +16]
Special Attack [Eldritch Burst +16, Burst Area; Mystic Binding Affliction +16, Perception; Mind Control +12, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +25 (+25 without Defensive Roll, +10 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Phobia: Mordru can be trapped in solid objects, devices and airless containers, which is often the only way to defeat him. He has a great fear of such imprisonment.

Abilities 102 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 156 + Defenses 15 = 307 / 307

Build Comments: The original Mordru was one of my favorite Legion foes when I was a kid, just because he was so powerful. Didn’t care for his look then but that’s the rub for a lot of 60-70’s characters. As an adult, though, I love the campiness of it. Seeing him drained and catatonic at the beginning of the Great Darkness Saga was a great way to put Darkseid over as a truly wicked villain.

As a build, I tried to rein him in a bit but still make him a challenge for a high level superteam. He’s really hard to hurt (but not immune like the DCA build, I hate that), has great Fort/Will defenses and enough power to smack Superboy or Mon=El around pretty handily.

Secret Origins: Mordru lived among the very first human beings to ever harness true magical power. They did so by trapping the primordial being of magic, Hecate, when she visited Earth with her own power and torturing her for years. While all of the humans engaged in Hecate's capture it was Mordru who carried out, and greatly enjoyed, the task of tending and tormenting the goddess. While Hecate endured the pain for a long time she finally relented when she heard the news that her husband, Hades, had left her for a new bride. She did not, however, give the mortals her own power but instead gifted them the dark magic form the Otherplace which the goddess hoped would eventually destroy the humans from within. Wary of the unpredictable nature of magic most of the humans set out laws and wrote books dictating how magic in their control should be ordered and called themselves the Lords of Order. Mordru, however found the notion of 'Ordered Magic' laughable when it had been born through such chaotic means as Heacate's torture. Instead, he refused to follow the rules and methods of the Lords of Order and used chaotic magic instead, unbridled by the limits of Order, which allowed him to survive for thousands of years unlike his former colleagues in the Lords of Order who had to bind their souls to artefacts and amulets after their bodies were destroyed by the magic of 'Order'. Mordru claimed to be the only 'true Lord of Chaos' implying that all later 'Lords of Chaos' merely mastered Chaos magic unlike Mordru who actually invented it in the same manner the Lords of Order invented the magic of Order.

The Story so Far: Thousands of years later Mordru would meet the magician Giovanni Zatara who would request Mordru to lend his power in the upcoming war against the Otherkind that Zatara sensed was coming. While Mordru first tortured and flayed Zatara alive he finally decided to agree to his plan out of amusement more than anything. Knowing that Zatara, or his successor, would eventually call on him to deliver on his promise, Mordru spent the next couple of decades waiting in a pub he transported to the Hall of Justice which he completely concealed form detection. He would eventually be found by Zatara's daughter, Zatanna, and her friend and ally Diana and, after a little teasing and tormenting, Mordru gave them a fraction of his Chaos magic that they needed to stop the Lords of Order who at the time were trying to kill all magic in the universe in an attempt to starve and kill the Otherkind.

Characterization: Mordru is the premiere sorcerer of the known universe.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Mordru: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Mordru: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Midnighter: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another build brought to you by today's sponsor, the letter M!

Let me make this situation clear for you. I know what special abilities you have. I can see the enhancements. I can detect the increased electrical activity in your brain. See, my talents were built by Henry Bendix - the biggest bastard on Earth - and honed by 5 years living rough on the streets. I've already fought our fight in my head a million different ways. I can hit you without you even seeing me. I'm what soldiers dream of growing into. I'm what children see when they first imagine what death is like. I'm the Midnighter. Your move. - Midnighter

MIDNIGHTER
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 10; DPL: 12; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-5
Weight: 285
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Red
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: The Carrier
Team Affiliations: The JLAXI Black; Stormwatch

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 12 [15], INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Athletics 9 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15/+18), Deception (+3), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+8/+20), Insight 3 (+10/+20) [Assessment, Combat Clarity, Second Chance, Skill Mastery], Intimidation 10 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 7 (+9), Perception 7 (+14) [Tracking], Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+13/+15), Sleight of Hand 4 (+11), Stealth 5 (+12/+18) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology (+2), Treatment (+2), Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Close Attack (1), Combat Clarity*, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (2), Evasion (2), Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (4), Improvised Weapon (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (2) (German, Japanese, 3 others, Base: English), Luck (Recover), Power Attack (2) (Tonfa, Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2 [4]), Second Chance (1) (Insight checks for Assessment), Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (1) (Insight), Startle, Takedown (2), Throwing Mastery (2), Trance, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge,

POWERS:
Survival Implants: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Diehard, Luck [Recover], Trance), Immunity 6 (Critical Hits, Environmental Heat, Environmental Cold, Disease, Starvation/Thirst), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 13 pts
Mental Combat Computer: Enhanced Fighting 3, Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Skills 13 (Insight 10 ranks, Expertise [Tactics] 10 ranks, Stealth 6 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 28 (Assessment, Combat Clarity*, Defensive Attack, Evasion (2), Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (4), Improvised Weapon (1), Power Attack (2) (Tonfa, Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Second Chance (1) (Insight checks for Assessment), Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (1) (Insight), Takedown (2), Throwing Mastery (2), Uncanny Dodge), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Senses 3 (Superpower Awareness [Visual, Acute], Danger Sense); 55 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Leather Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Tonfas: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Defensive, Double; 4 pts
Business Cards (Shuriken): Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7 (+23 with Mental Combat Computer)
Close Attack +13 (+16 with Mental Combat Computer) [Tonfa +8]
Unarmed +15 (+18 with Mental Combat Computer) [Unarmed +6, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +9 (+11 with Mental Combat Computer)
Throwing +13 (+15 with Mental Combat Computer) [Business Cards +1, Multiattack; Mental Combat Computer Business Cards +3, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+15 with Mental Combat Computer) [DC22/25] Parry +12 (+15 with Mental Combat Computer) [DC22/25]
Toughness +9 (+8 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity Crisis: Henry Bendix wiped his and Apollo's memories so they have no idea what their real names are or anything about their pasts. This bothers him sometimes.
Power Loss: If his Mental Combat Computer implants are nullified or somehow removed, in addition to losing those powers, his abilities drop to AGL 4, DEX 3, AWR 3.
Prejudice: He's openly homosexual.
Relationships: His husband, Apollo, and his daughter Jenny Quantum. He remains close to his former teammates in The Authority as well.
Reputation: The world's biggest bastard who kills anyone who needs killing.

Abilities 102 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 68 + Defenses 9 = 229 / 229

Build Comments: The World’s Biggest Bastard himself, the Midnighter. Man, did The Authority kick ass when they started, but the internal problems at Wildstorm eventually did them in.

For any of you that haven't read The Authority or early Stormwatch (and a pox on your house if you haven't) Midnighter is the Batman analogue of the group but he also channels the Punisher. He's got one niche in the team and that's beating up/and or killing any bastards that need it. Plain and simple. And that's how I built him. He's hard as hell to surprise, harder to get the first shot in on and if you take him down, he'll come right back. And I mean, come on, anyone who's confident enough to print up his standard speech on business cards to give to his opponents to save him the time of saying it before he beats them down is da bomb diggity of all bomb diggities!

He's the man.

Secret Origins: Midnighter was a member of an secret experimental academy team created by the insane former Stormwatch Weatherman, Henry Bendix. Bendix erased the team's memories when he gave them superpowers. Midnighter, alongside Apollo, Lamplight, Crow Jane, Amaze, Impetus, and Stalker, formed the ill-fated team that would be sent to their deaths by Henry Bendix on their first mission. When Midnighter and Apollo sought extraction during this mission, it was only to discover that Bendix has no intention of wasting time or resources to save them when he could so easily replace them with more "super-soldiers."

Betrayed, Apollo and Midnighter managed to escape with their lives, but would spend the next six years in hiding on the streets, attempting to remain invisible to the Weatherman's ever-watchful eye from the Stormwatch headquarters orbiting the earth. During this time, both team members fought to better the world on a smaller scale, and came together as lovers. Because of their self imposed exile, both Midnighter and Apollo were ignorant of Stormwatch's battle against Henry Bendix, and of his supposed death at the hands of Jenny Sparks. Only when Jackson King, the new Weatherman, discovered them on radar and brought them in for questioning (ultimately testing their loyalties by sending them on a mission) did the pair realize they were free to live in the open again as normal human beings. All files related to whom both Midnighter and Apollo were before their introduction into the team were believed to be lost, and since neither man could remember, Jackson King instead gave them new identities with which to retire from the super-soldier business.

However, it was not to be. Less than a year after Apollo and Midnighter's retirement, nearly the entire Stormwatch team was slaughtered in an Aliens/Stormwatch Crossover. Jenny Sparks would develop her vision for a new team, known as the Authority, and she approached Apollo and Midnighter about joining. Reluctantly (and because of Apollo), Midnighter agreed. It was then that he would take his place as "Night's Bringer of War."

The Story so Far: See Stormwatch-The Authority post.

Characterization: Midnighter's abilities were designed by Bendix to give him an all encompassing advantage in close-combat and tactical scenarios. He has superhuman strength, reflexes (and moving speed when necessary), healing, senses, aim and various other enhancements. He is said to have multiple redundant systems to keep him fighting in the worst of conditions. One example of this is a backup heart. Midnighter can also turn his pain receptors on and off so he can keep fighting when the pain would stop a normal man. The pain is not totally cut off though, so his healing factor is also very helpful. He's fought with, and healed from, a broken neck, broken limbs, holes through his chest, having his whole body set on fire, contracting various viruses (including AIDS), and other things. He can also function perfectly in anaerobic environments when necessary.

Midnighter's body has been altered to give him inhuman balance as well as faster nerve endings so he can move and react quicker than any human and many super humans. He normally moves at slightly above human speed but can move so fast that enemies with super speed can't see him. Midnighter's senses allow him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. His other senses are so powerful that to trick him, his creator needed to find an alien that could not only change its appearance, but its scent and DNA.
Thorpocalypse

Midnighter: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MIDNIGHTER
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 8; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10 [12], INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2 [4], PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 5 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13/+15), Deception (+0), Insight 4 (+8/+18) [Assessment], Intimidation 10 (+10) [Startle], Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Throwing] (+2/+10), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth 7 (+12) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology (+2), Treatment (+2), Vehicles (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (2), Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Skill Mastery (1) (Insight), Startle, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Survival Implants: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Jack-of-all-Trades), Immunity 4 (Critical Hits, Disease, Starvation/Thirst), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 10 pts
Mental Combat Computer: Enhanced Awareness 2, Enhanced Fighting 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Skills 12 (Insight 10 ranks, Stealth 6 ranks, Ranged Combat [Throwing] 8 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 12 (Assessment, Close Attack, Improved Critical 2 [Unarmed 2], Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Skill Mastery [Insight], Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Senses 3 (Superpower Awareness [Visual, Acute], Danger Sense); 38 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Leather Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Tonfa: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Defensive; 3 pts
Business Cards (Shuriken): Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +13 [Tonfa +7]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +10 [Business Cards +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 with Mental Combat Computer) [DC20/22] Parry +10 (+12 with Mental Combat Computer) [DC20/22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: Henry Bendix wiped his and Apollo's memories so they have no idea what their real names are or anything about their pasts. This bothers him sometimes.
Power Loss: If his Mental Combat Computer implants are nullified or somehow removed, in addition to losing those powers, his abilities drop to AGL 4, DEX 3, AWR 3.
Prejudice: He's openly homosexual.
Relationships: His husband, Apollo, and his daughter Jenny Quantum. He remains close to his former teammates in The Authority as well.
Reputation: The world's biggest bastard who kills anyone who needs killing.

Abilities 64 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 48 + Defenses 11 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Here’s PC take on Midnighter. I thought the first Midnighter book in the DC proper after the New 52 was fun and his crossover with Agent Grayson and the Bat-family were good, too. But overall, he’s struggled to find his way in the DCU so I have hopes he’ll show in the Wild Storm book or in a new series.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Midnighter: Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Midnighter: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Laterer
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Mayhaps
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Mordru, Midnighter

Post by Goldar »

I never really saw Modru but I did hear that he was the most powerful sorcerer around.

I heard he fought the old Legion and did well. Was the White Witch his daughter?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Goldar wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:16 am I never really saw Modru but I did hear that he was the most powerful sorcerer around.

I heard he fought the old Legion and did well. Was the White Witch his daughter?
No, they were married for a while.

The first time Mordru fought the Legion has never been told -- they beat him somehow, but his escape from the airless prison in which they sealed him was enough to make them panic and flee into the past. Most stories about him involve tricking him into defeating himself, or being smashed down by someone more powerful (as with when he fought Darkseid during the Great Darkness saga.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Davies wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:28 am
Goldar wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:16 am I never really saw Modru but I did hear that he was the most powerful sorcerer around.

No, they were married for a while.

The first time Mordru fought the Legion has never been told -- they beat him somehow, but his escape from the airless prison in which they sealed him was enough to make them panic and flee into the past. Most stories about him involve tricking him into defeating himself, or being smashed down by someone more powerful (as with when he fought Darkseid during the Great Darkness saga.)
Ah, thanks for the info, Davies!

But wait...Darkseid is more powerful? I thought Modru was like the most powerful being around, no?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

No, she was Dream Girl's sister. In one of the Legion's many reboots, she took over Mordru's throne and power and became the Black Witch.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:41 am

No, she was Dream Girl's sister. In one of the Legion's many reboots, she took over Mordru's throne and power and became the Black Witch.
Oh! :o

I need to learn more about these mystics: Modru, White Witch/Black Witch.

Is Wotan any relation to them? He is supposed to be another really powerful sorcerer, I think from the future?