J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Gilotina: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

GILOTINA
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 120
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: New God
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Apokolips
Team Affiliations: Female Furies

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+7), Athletics 1 (+7), Deception 5 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 1 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Long Blades), Attractive (1), Diehard, Great Endurance, Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Gilotina Hands, Long Blades), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
New God Physiology: Protection 1, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 3 pts
Immortal: Immunity 2 (Aging, Terrestrial Diseases); 2 pts
Furious Athleticism: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 2 pts
Gilotina Hands: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 9); 13 pts
Gilotina Swords: 14 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 8 pts
Sword Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Double, Penetrating 9); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +6; Gilotina Hands +9, Critical 19-19; Gilotina Swords +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Darkseid.
Vulnerable: All of the New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.

Abilities 74 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 28 + Defenses 13 = 129 / 129

Build Comments: I thought Gilotina was a nice addition to the Furies, even if she was mostly fanservice.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: A member of the original group of Female Furies, Gilotina was later bumped to a junior member and worked with the other younger members of the group: Malice Vundabar, Speed Queen, and Bloody Mary. Gilotina had the ability to chop through anything with her hands, hence the name, but is armed with battle swords. She was eventually abandoned by the Furies after a failed mission, and joined Project Cadmus. A short time later she rejoined the Furies.

Rejoining the Furies she was able to rise in their ranks. As field leader of a team of Furies, Gilotina was put in charge of testing a new potential recruit named Precious. She and the Furies battled Precious, but Precious proved unworthy and was quickly slain. After the abduction of Supergirl, Gilotina led a team of Furies into battle against former leader Big Barda and her ally Wonder Woman. After their defeat it is unknown what became of her team of Furies.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
greycrusader

Re: J-Mart: DeSaad, Kalibak, Mantis, Kanto, Granny Goodness

Post by greycrusader »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:08 pm What does it say about your assassin if the first syllable of his name is "can't"?
Yeah, Kirby was REALLY hit or miss with the whole New Gods/Fourth World thing...you had some WONDERFUL character designs and names (Orion, Lightray, Darkseid) and then a few utter duds who just come off as ridiculous (Kanto, Vermin Vunderbarr, Glorious Godfrey)...a few kind of fall in-between, where they're a bit over the top or garish, but still come off as majestic or terrifying figures (Kalibak, Mad Harriet, Mantis, Granny G in the right hands).

I'd still take Kirby's 70s DC stuff over about 80 percent of what is coming out of the Big Two nowadays. But the business right now isn't conducive to building or sustaining talent.

All my best.
Thorpocalypse

Gilotina: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Gilotina: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Bernadeth: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The fruit of another of the crackbrained stupidities of my idiot brother, DeSaad. Why in the name of the Firepits Darkseid keeps reviving that fool, I'll never know! - Bernadeth

BERNADETH
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 140
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+9), Deception 5 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Short Blades), Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack (1) (Short Blades), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Fahren-Knife: 31 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-12 pts); 19 pts
Fahren-Knife Strike:[/b] Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Linked [Weaken], Penetrating 9), Weaken Toughness 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; Extra: Affects Objects, Linked [Damage]); 31 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +6; Fahren-Knife +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Rivalry: With whoever is leading the Furies at the time unless it's her.

Abilities 76 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 26 + Defenses 15 = 135 / 135

Build Comments: Bernadeth is one of the co-leaders of the Furies. And that’s about all I knew prior to researching for the build. And that’s still about I know.

She’s got a bad ass knife and likes to be leader of the team. There you have it.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: Co-leader of the Female Furies, Bernadeth wields a "fahren-knife" that burns her victims from the inside. As the sister of Darkseid's servant, Desaad, Bernadeth is both notorious and feared by the masses of Apokolips. She was one of the first Furies to be recruited, though Bernadeth hated being led by others. When Big Barda left for Earth to be with Mister Miracle, Bernadeth joined her alongside Lashina, Stompa, and Mad Harriet for a brief period of time.

Later, Bernadeth returned to Apokolips with the other Furies sans Barda. Bernadeth saw Barda's permanent defecting as a way to gain leadership herself. However, Darkseid rewarded Lashina with leadership of the Furies. During a mission to retrieve Glorious Godfrey, Bernadeth betrayed Lashina and left her on Earth. Because of this, Bernadeth was temporarily able to achieve leadership over the Furies. When Lashina returned to Apokolips with the Suicide Squad, she snapped Bernadeth's neck after a long and fierce battle. Darkseid was appalled by the fact that Lashina brought outsiders to Apokolips, so he killed her and resurrected Bernadeth, although he later brought Lashina back to life as well. Afterwards, Bernadeth agreed to share leadership duties.
Thorpocalypse

Bernadeth: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Bernadeth: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Possibly
Davies

Re: J-Mart: Mantis, Kanto, Granny Goodness, Gilotina, Bernadeth

Post by Davies »

Interestingly, the idea that Benadeth is Desaad's sister slightly contradicts the idea that Desaad was born on New Genesis. (Granted that she could have followed him there, but why?) Since the latter notion first appears as part of a story that Darkseid tells Eclipso, and since the Lord of Apokolips is the definition of an unreliable narrator ...

... or on the other hand, they could be found family rather than blood relatives. What story do you want to tell?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Thorpocalypse

Lashina: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

All right, you bunch of off-world maggots. Let's decide who owns this street. - Lashina

LASHINA
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 165
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics 3 (+9), Deception 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 3 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Electro-Whips), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Electro-Whips), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Electro Whips: 16 pt Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 10 pts
Electro Whip Slash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Disarming, Grabbing, Penetrating 8, Reach 3 (15 ft), Tripping); 16 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +6; Electro Whips +8]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 82 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 17 + Defenses 13 = 132 / 132

Build Comments: Of all the Furies (not counting Barda and Knockout), Lashina has gotten the most run outside of pure New Gods stuff. She did a stint with the Suicide Squad and if memory serves, she even got a bit of feature in a DC Super Hero Girls episode.

She generally splits leader duties with Bernadeth, with Bernadeth being their leader in non-combat and Lashina serving as the field leader.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: Lashina was raised a warrior in Granny Goodness's orphanage, and took over leadership of the Female Furies when Big Barda leaves Apokolips for Earth. Though the Furies initially stayed on Earth to aid Big Barda and her lover, Mister Miracle, they soon returned to Apokolips to take their punishment for their betrayal of Darkseid. Lashina is then given leadership over the Female Furies by Darkseid, much to fellow Fury Bernadeth's annoyance.

During a mission to capture Glorious Godfrey, a New God that had been imprisoned on Earth, Lashina was betrayed by Bernadeth as the Female Furies were escaping through a boom tube. Caught in an explosion, Lashina is sent flying into the swamp surrounding Belle Reve Penitentiary. Surviving the blast, she remained in the swamp until an opportunity to save an injured member of the Suicide Squad, a United States government agency that uses super-powered beings to fulfill black ops missions, presents itself. Using the opportunity to ingratiate herself with the team and claiming to be suffering from amnesia, Amanda Waller allowed her to join. Quickly dubbed Duchess by the support staff due to her haughty demeanor, she became a critical part of the Squad and participated in almost every one of the team's missions during her time as a member. Eventually, she engineered a return to Apokolips and convinced many members of the Squad to come with her, while others she outright kidnapped. The plan ended in a battle against Apokolips forces once the group lands on the planet's surface. Multiple Squad members were killed, including Doctor Light. During the battle, Lashina confronted and killed Bernadeth. Darkseid, furious that Lashina has brought humans to Apokolips, revived Bernadeth and killed Lashina with his omega beams. The survivors of the Suicide Squad were allowed to return home.

Lashina was later resurrected by Darkseid and sent with the Furies on another mission to retrieve Mister Miracle, but he escaped.

Sharing leadership with Bernadeth, Lashina often served as the field leader of the Furies, while Bernadeth led them out of the battlefield. Lashina has since battled Young Justice, the Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman. She is also a long-time enemy of Superman and his compatriots Superboy and Supergirl. In recent appearances she has been seen battling Firestorm, Orion and Hawkgirl.
Thorpocalypse

Lashina: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Lashina: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Granny Goodness, Gilotina, Bernadeth, Lashina

Post by Ares »

The Female Furies are such a great idea. Essentially a bunch of evil Valkyries with unique superpowers acting as Darkseid's elite shock troopers / assault team / beat sticks. I was also glad when they started adding additional New Gods to the team, like Gilotina (though giving her swords when her whole power is 'my hands slice through things like they were swords' seems weird). Really, the Furies should have a decently sized roster, allowing to mix and match squads to be a perfect threat to whatever heroes they go up against.

I think I'd also borrow elements of Kirby's Eternals and apply them to the New Gods where they can train themselves to have specific abilities, and maybe even something like the Gods can, at a certain point, bind themselves to different types of energies or concepts as a kind of rite of passage. Orion bonding with the Astro Force, Lightray bonding with light, etc. Like they enter some kind of Source fountain and they're made "The New God of ____" or get chosen by an aspect of the Source that gels with their personality while also being influenced by their parentage. Like Darkseid's potential to wield the Omega Effect could be why Orion can wield the Astro Force, etc.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: DeSaad, Kalibak, Mantis, Kanto, Granny Goodness

Post by Ares »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:08 pm What does it say about your assassin if the first syllable of his name is "can't"?
To be fair, it could also be 'Can Toe' instead of 'Can't Oh'. In which he 'Can Too' kill that guy.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Mad Harriet: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MAD HARRIET
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 146
Eyes: Black
Hair: Green
Skin: Yellow

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics 4 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Deception 5 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (+0), Stealth 3 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Power Spikes), Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Smash, Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Power Spikes, Unarmed), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Furious Athleticism: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr); 3 pts
Power Spikes: 12 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 10 pts
Power Spike Strike: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Penetrating 7); 12 pts,

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +11 [Power Spikes +9, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 70 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 18 + Defenses 14 = 126 / 126

Build Comments: Now Mad Harriet is one of the Furies I like. Some compare her to The Joker but I compare her more to The Creeper.

Who is…still kinda The Joker. But that’s neither here nor there, I still like my comparison better! ;)

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: Mad Harriet is raised in Granny Goodness' orphanage. A deeply disturbed child, she impresses Granny with her ferocious temper and penchant for violence, and she inducts the girl into the Female Furies. In this capacity, Mad Harriet serves Darkseid. During the battle with the Earth-based Suicide Squad over the fate of Glorious Godfrey, Harriet is almost killed when she attacks the Bronze Tiger and her energy claws backfire.

During another mission, Harriet is captured by the Gods of New Genesis but is sent back to Darkseid. Later, Mad Harriet is seen as a prostitute in Granny Goodness' brothel, though it is left ambiguous as to whether this is the real Mad Harriet or a delusion by the second Mister Miracle. She also befriends fellow criminal Harley Quinn, though Bernadeth later scolds her for associating with a mortal.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: J-Mart: Granny Goodness, Gilotina, Bernadeth, Lashina, Mad Harriet

Post by Davies »

Eh, I see it. She's often portrayed in the same crouched position that the Creeper uses, and I don't think I've ever seen the Joker posed like that.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."